DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Please keep this thread for patch note discussion only

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi, I hope I’m not duplicating anything here.

Running the new patch 2.5.6 on i7 6700k, 32gb ram much storage space! GTX 1080 GPU.

Last week I was getting regular FPS of between 40-80 even in the F16/F18.

Now - single figures! The SU25T only returns a max of approx 30fps.

I’ve YouTube'd the arse out of this. I've reinstalled nvidia drivers, run them at their default all to no avail.

I’ve used Wags' settings in game - no change!

I’ve used Spudknockers settings both in game and in the nvidia settings with all sorts of variations - no change!

I’ve rolled them vivid a drivers back to the previous version (*.75) - no change!

It seems that as soon as I am not running the default aircraft (SU25T) the sim craps out and is unplayable!

Any ideas anyone? There’s a lot of money invested in the sim what with addons and it’s simply unusable atm.

Cheers Rick

Call sign Aries.

Edited by Rick1486
Additional spec info

Any ideas anyone? There’s a lot of money invested in the sim what with addons and it’s simply unusable atm.

Cheers Rick

Call sign Aries.

Yes, I have an idea. Roll back to 2.5.5 stable. As you can see from here and multiple other threads, ED are currently working on FPS issues in 2.5.6.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Just use Skatezilla’s indispensable utility for the easiest way. There is a command line method as well but I can’t remember what it is. Just do a search and you’ll easily find it.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Skatezilla's most excellent utility :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

And for the command line masochists :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I had the same issue until I went back to the old standby fix. I deleted the fxo and metashaders2 folders from the savedgames folder then launched the sim. That fixed my problem. Some do it every update. I think the update and an nVidia driver update occurring and installed on the same day may have caused my issue.

• ED Team
@BIGNEWY, 2.5.6.47224 and 2.5.6.45915 seems not to be MP compatible, but netcode change was not mentioned in changelog. Would be possible to add that information in changelogs in future?

I will mention to the team, sometimes they will do protocol changes so old version dont create problems between newer versions of DCS.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Can we expect another patch this week to fix the stability, fps and the 16's DL?

I have no news about the next patch.

As soon as I know I will pass it on to everyone here.

thanks

I believe we are at that stage where I need to shelve DCS until I can use the module that I have actually paid for. The JF-17 will never be released to stable as long as the OB resides in a perpetual state of flux. There is no credible end game plan as far as I can tell, and the circle of uncertainty will only grow as more and more features (SC) are added.

I actually use both stable and OB; since I only do little MP, OB is not such a problem. Still I tend to shift towards stable more and more. A new patch in OB right now seems more scare than hope.

With the stable release you loose only little (dont have the Jeff; right now dont care about the preordered SC) but gain quite a bit in other areas.

Also plan to not update stable when there is actually an update available and will wait for some time to see, if people have problems as they have now with OB.

Right now I guess with stable 2.5.5 and SP I could go on for quite some time. For sure until the A-7 arrives....

I believe we are at that stage where I need to shelve DCS until I can use the module that I have actually paid for. The JF-17 will never be released to stable as long as the OB resides in a perpetual state of flux. There is no credible end game plan as far as I can tell, and the circle of uncertainty will only grow as more and more features (SC) are added.

bad month for shelving DCS, but I respect your point. sad times for JF-17 "owners" that prefer stable.

Unlikely : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4298458&postcount=649

I gave up on OB and am back to stable for now...

How did you end up with this conclusion? She just said it won't be released to stable. Which is a 100% reasonable decision based on the current state.

I'd very much expect a fix for the datalink issues this week if it was already internally fixed last week.

Actually you don´t even have to go to stable. You could always go 2.5.5 and have a decent sim with Jeff enabled. ED should have rerolled to this aswell and give 2.5.6 some more month it apparently needs.

This should have happened weeks ago since it is apparent they have not yet understood what is happening.

Instead of that features have been added on the 2.5.6 branch that might be found to be rotten...

Unlikely : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4298458&postcount=649

I gave up on OB and am back to stable for now...

I wanted to post something that I was preparing (= spent lots of time on) in that thread after needing almost a week to read it alone, now it's locked. Sucks to be disabled, unable to participate anywhere in life since always being ages late.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting a patch this week anyway due to the usual two weeks schedule. Looking forward to the possibly arriving Mavs on the Viper though as they're planned for next week dealwithit.png

Actually you don´t even have to go to stable. You could always go 2.5.5 and have a decent sim with Jeff enabled. ED should have rerolled to this aswell and give 2.5.6 some more month it apparently needs.

I just don't get why they don't up Stable to 41962, AFAIK there was nothing "game breaking" in it. That's the version I usually recommend reverting to for the ones who can't run 256 well enough yet.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Is any 2.5.6 version working with vaicom?

having issues with this as well except of me Voice attack has been messed up since 2.6.

I have been posting in the VA forums as VA is really screwed up for me right now. If you have issues you may want post on the thread over there as well. Someone started a thread in the issues/bugs thread entitled "DCS and VA" I think.?

Edited by Fang333333

I have 2.5.6 and Vaicom working quite happily together.

Are you running standalone or steam DCS?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal