DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I have 2.5.6 and Vaicom working quite happily together.

Are you running standalone or steam DCS?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Standalone OB 2.5.6 overhere

About this week, will there be any updates? Today is Wednesday

I WISH!!! Doubt it but an update would be quite impressive

I just don't get why they don't up Stable to 41962, AFAIK there was nothing "game breaking" in it. That's the version I usually recommend reverting to for the ones who can't run 256 well enough yet.

Good question!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
Openbeta 2.5.6.47404

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.6.47404/

DCS World

Reducing the CPU load when path finding a group of infantry.

Fix for liveries names of A-20G

Fixed crash at second landing.

DCS F-16C Viper by ED

FPS dropped several times when gear UP on the ground - fixed.

Campaigns

A-10C The Enemy Within 3.0 campaign by Baltic Dragon.

Mission 2: added safeguard allowing players to skip the mission in case of bugs (AI ground units path finding problems)

Mission 8: removed landing flight of A-10s that got stuck at the end of runway, preventing Player's wingman from taxiing.

Known issues

Torpedoes from U-boat or S-boat could be fired to unmoved targets only

MP: Ship speed calculated with errors and drifted, so aircraft can slide on the deck

PLAT camera view missing from the Stennis

This is a small patch to address the landing crash.

Work on performance is ongoing and more patches to follow.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is a small patch to address the landing crash.

Work on performance is ongoing and more patches to follow.

thanks

Thanks for the update BIGNEWY! Actually since last week myself and some friends have noticed a performance improvement. As a matter of fact I was flying today in VR with x2 MSAA because I forgot to disable it after recording a video and performance was great, even after landing, when before last week's patch, upon touchdown my fps would always drop in the Hornet :)

• ED Team
Was the F-16 DL fix included in this?

Not in this build, this was a hot fix for landing crash.

It is merged for the next update, as soon as I know when that is I will let you all know.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Thanks for the update BIGNEWY! Actually since last week myself and some friends have noticed a performance improvement. As a matter of fact I was flying today in VR with x2 MSAA because I forgot to disable it after recording a video and performance was great, even after landing, when before last week's patch, upon touchdown my fps would always drop in the Hornet :)

Thanks

this small patch will start to help with FPS but we still have more work to do.

Main thing was getting this landing crash fixed.

thanks

Issues installing latest version 2.5.6.47404

Can't install latest version. Downloads quickly 8.4 mps but has issues during clean up phase. Anybody else having issues?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I believe we are at that stage where I need to shelve DCS until I can use the module that I have actually paid for. The JF-17 will never be released to stable as long as the OB resides in a perpetual state of flux. There is no credible end game plan as far as I can tell, and the circle of uncertainty will only grow as more and more features (SC) are added.

This should have happened weeks ago since it is apparent they have not yet understood what is happening.

Instead of that features have been added on the 2.5.6 branch that might be found to be rotten...

I already have shelved DCS for now. Have been spending endless hours in the skies of Il-2 and Xplane. I tried flying DCS last night for a few, but it was a waste of time. Not only do I get CTDs regularly, but my game hangs for 30 seconds to minutes at a time. And in some cases, when it resumes, I'm dead.

Also, I had to delete a version of DCS to make room on my hard drive, and I chose to delete stable. For a couple of reasons: 1. It's not very stable itself 2. Why would I fly a version that's missing many key features for many of my aircraft...as well as entire aircraft!

Some of the modules in OB are practically full iterations apart from what's available in stable right now.

As far as I'm concerned, "stable" is not a valid alternative at this point. We have two grossly inadequate versions to choose from. So until circumstances change, I'm just not flying it. And I sure as hell won't be buying anything else until that time either, despite the ongoing sale.

At this point, it's just not worth either my time or aggravation.

copy of screen message attached.

2020-04-22.png.a606525b1edf85386858954ab3f6297b.png

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
copy of screen message attached.

Usually antivirus, try a pc restart

Hi, I concur, especially in Caucuss and Nevada. I still get bad stuttering when AI aircraft are in Normandy map. I tried the Cristen Eagle thing in PG map instant action solo flight and when flying over carrier group went very jittery. Apart from that very smooth.

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Good to hear they have a culprit in the Carrier sliding and actively pursuing the perp.

What do mean? Deck sliding has always been a known issue.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

What do mean? Deck sliding has always been a known issue.

I think it's more about narrowing it down to the underlying issue - think of deck sliding as a symptom and ED finding the pathogen.

Idk it's how I see it, not sure if that's something that was always known, even if deck sliding has been a known issue for a while.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

still no lights for night landings on the stennis, damn some sort of public bug tracker would be highly welcome

Usually antivirus, try a pc restart

Thanks for the information, restart fixed it, :thumbup:

Torrent download speed was much bettern than usually today :thumbup: My download bandwidth was maxed out.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hey I just wanted to hop on here and give some credit where credit is do! It is really nice to see a FPS patch come out this week!

I am sure it will not be a major fix, but as I do own nearly all the modules and campaigns ANYTHING getting FPS attention is a blessed sight!!

It is also nice to see the letters from Kate and other attempts at giving us more info and stats. If ED continues to head in this direction I feel we are headed for a better system as a whole, code-wise, developer-wise and customer relation-wise..

That's a lot of "wises" right there.

I look forward to seeing if any improvements are made, AT LEAST its something to do!