DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

If its possible to put in place a suggested release date (May) for the next Open Beta Update...would it be possible to put in place a suggested release date (even if its only to the nearest month) for the next Update to the Stable Version - as that is obviously information of interest to a far greater number of DCS players (given the overwhelming majority of DCS players are on the stable version)
...But it's pretty obvious from peoples' reactions that you have a serious credibility issue at the moment. And this doesn't get better when you keep announcing timelines just to step back some time later, telling us that nothing was promised. Because when you give people a date they will take that as serious. No matter how much you quibbel later about what's a promise, deadline, goal, whish or whatever.

@Bonzo,

So how would you suggest ED answer requests like this about release date for the stable version?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team

I have PM'd with BonzoDCS, and I have edited my post to show what I was referring to when I replied to him, to make it clearer.

I want to keep the thread open for patch note discussion, off topic posts will be removed.

I dont have a date for the next patch yet, but when we do know we will pass it on to everyone.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Sorry mate,

Didn't mean to go OT at all. I thought it would be fine to explain what I think are some of the the reasons for today's delay.

No problem, and thanks for the PM.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ummm.........so no patch this week? No update as to when we will see a patch? interesting.......

Anyone have an example of what the errors were in the liveries for the A-20G? Also, were the issues listed in KNOWN ISSUES section actually fixed or were they just saying they knew about them?

Maybe we get a suprise weekend update? No? Huh I was sure I would be throwing the slam and using tgp in a2a fights today.... Idk if youve finished it and testing it or not even finished but if its in test process just throw it away nobody needs testing since we already have many important issues in dcs. (tws midcourse updates,datalink issues,IFF issues in both f16 and f18 )

[...] nobody needs testing since we already have many important issues [...]

I strongly hope this was pure sarcasm... What we need is MORE and BETTER testing than before, also for OB updates. Guess why we have most of the issues at hand in 2.5.6... most certainly NOT because ED overtested the release...

I don't really understand the difference here about PATCH/UPDATE and HOTFIX. Wait so much time for the Viper hotfix (Datalink) sounds really like a nonsense.

What kinde of hotfix policy we have here, if we have one?

I don't really follow the Viper as i am not interested in flying it really, but i guess when they said that it's development would slow down and they (finally) refocus on the Hornet, they really meant it.. You guys don't even get a hotfix now?? :megalol:

I don't really follow the Viper as i am not interested in flying it really, but i guess when they said that it's development would slow down and they (finally) refocus on the Hornet, they really meant it.. You guys don't even get a hotfix now?? :megalol:

Harsh and funny all at the same time. Nice! :lol:

We don't have a solid timeline on the next OB, saying that pretty much says we probably won't see one tomorrow. As we put more testing steps in place, you will see patch release slow down some for the sake of stability. Thanks.

In regards to new features this is great.

In regards to fixes of bugs introduced in the previous patch, not so much.

Dieing because the next heli spawned on the same farp spot as you is getting a little tiresome.

Take time baking new stuff but keep the hot fixes rolling

In regards to new features this is great.

In regards to fixes of bugs introduced in the previous patch, not so much.

Dieing because the next heli spawned on the same farp spot as you is getting a little tiresome.

Take time baking new stuff but keep the hot fixes rolling

This is way too simplistic a view. They need to test those fixes to make sure a) they actually fix the problem and b) they don't break other things in the process

The answer to all these problems might be for online servers to stop updating to the latest beta about 5 seconds after it's released and run stable instead - then everyone has somewhere to fling their SPAMRAAMs about, do their blue on blues, take off from taxiways and crash into the ground without any issues.

The beta can then go back to being a proper beta - i.e. a buggy unfinished mess that's thrown out there so people can test it and find what breaks - leading to improvements that eventually get fed into stable.

ED's collective blood pressure is ratcheted down a few notches and the new serenity gained from not having to listen to hysterical shrieking serial complainers allows them to code ( or whatever the hell it is that game devs do ) faster, or better or something.

I know the above is a strange and off the wall concept, but it's worth trying...

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

The answer to all these problems might be for online servers to stop updating to the latest beta about 5 seconds after it's released and run stable instead - then everyone has somewhere to fling their SPAMRAAMs about, do their blue on blues, take off from taxiways and crash into the ground without any issues.

The beta can then go back to being a proper beta - i.e. a buggy unfinished mess that's thrown out there so people can test it and find what breaks - leading to improvements that eventually get fed into stable.

ED's collective blood pressure is ratcheted down a few notches and the new serenity gained from not having to listen to hysterical shrieking serial complainers allows them to code ( or whatever the hell it is that game devs do ) faster, or better or something.

I know the above is a strange and off the wall concept, but it's worth trying...

The facts are that we are in an unusual sitation at the moment in DCS. The Beta has never been a 'buggy unfinshed mess thrown out there'. The normal cycle of things over the years has been 1) release OB, 2) see if there any showstopping bugs, then 3) make it the release version a couple of weeks later if none are found.

Occasionally, a situation would occur that there was a serious bug and the stable release was delayed for a week or so while it was worked out.

That is why online servers use OB, as in general, it has proven to be the 'new stable'.

Unfortunately, with 2.5.6, we are not in that situation. We need a little patience, that's all.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Unfortunately, with 2.5.6, we are not in that situation. We need a little patience, that's all.

A little patience,

Like the entire first quarter of 2020?

Beloved sim friends, in less than 2 weeks, DCS will have been in this situation for a full 4 months.

Hardly "a little" at this point. And I can certainly understand why people are upset. I personally paid the price of a small used car for this sim, and I have not had a single version that performs as advertised. Not since Feb.

Now. Am I gonna sit back and bash ED nonstop...

No.

But. Am I gonna sit back and pretend this isnt the craziest software issue that I have personally seen since the release of Windows Vista?

Well No.

I feel I should make it a point to note that DCS has a community that most other software makers simply do not. I don't think we would be seeing the amount of support, patience, and understanding from any other user group. Not to mention some of the hard work, the CUSTOMERS are doing to help solve this mess. Still that patience and love will not last forever.

At the end of the day, the sim that works for everyone will always eventually beat the one that works for a select group or nobody at all. Shinier things will come along...

Its time ED,

We need to get DCS out of this sinkhole.

For the sake of all of us.

Edited by Fang333333

Very well put!

These are unprecedented times as I don't think too many of us have lived during a global pandemic before.

Eagle Dynamics are I am sure working really hard on DCS and its modules and trying to fix as many bugs as they can and I know it must be very frustrating for a lot of users but if we can remain patient I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

Stay safe and stay healthy people and catch ya on the MP servers ;-)

Rattler21

A little patience,

Like the entire first quarter of 2020?

Beloved sim friends, in less than 2 weeks, DCS will have been in this situation for a full 4 months.

Hardly "a little" at this point. And I can certainly understand why people are upset. I personally paid the price of a small used car for this sim, and I have not had a single version that performs as advertised. Not since Feb.

Now. Am I gonna sit back and bash ED nonstop...

No.

But. Am I gonna sit back and pretend this isnt the craziest software issue that I have personally seen since the release of Windows Vista?

Well No.

I feel I should make it a point to note that DCS has a community that most other software makers simply do not. I don't think we would be seeing the amount of support, patience, and understanding from any other user group. Not to mention some of the hard work, the CUSTOMERS are doing to help solve this mess. Still that patience and love will not last forever.

At the end of the day, the sim that works for everyone will always eventually beat the one that works for a select group or nobody at all. Shinier things will come along...

Its time ED,

We need to get DCS out of this sinkhole.

For the sake of all of us.

Don't you get tired of ranting on? Nothing you say is going to help the situation. It's simple, the official version of DCS is 2.5.5. Use it if you don't want to cause yourself any more stress.

If you are happy to contribute to test the open beta program, then just accept your're going to have bumps in the road.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The facts are that we are in an unusual sitation at the moment in DCS.

The "unified" version DCS 2.5 has been extant since Feb 2018 (IE: 27 months) so this is a situation that has stretched (since Dec 2019) for something like 20% of its lifetime! It's hardly "that unusual" is it?

It's simple, the official version of DCS is 2.5.5.

It may be "official" but its a version that is currently unsupported isn't it? Now, that's a situation that may change if DCS iron out bugs in 2.5.6 BUT until (if) that happens the "release" version 2.5.5 is one that doesn't contain all the content some people paid for, doesn't contain a significant amount of 3rd party content to modules(as ED won't release it to the stable community) and contains multiple bugs/broken issues that ED has no intention of addressing within the 2.5.5 build.

Edited by jasonbirder

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team

Hi all

I know it is frustrating for some, but please keep this thread for the patch notes.

When I have a date for the next patch I will share it with you all.

I will reopen this thread once I have news

thank you

Any word on an update today?

Just checking if there is anything planned for today. 2 weeks and all.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Why is the patch thread closed?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Just checking if there is anything planned for today. 2 weeks and all.

Why the need to open a new thread for this? .. couldn't you ask on the current thread?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266139

... how will this thread look a few months from now? ... yes, it will look like a useless thread. I get that most people here are obsesive and impatient, but this is getting ridiculous.

:mad:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB