DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Morning all,

a quick sitrep.

We do not have a firm date for the next patch yet, when we do we will share it with you all.

Thank you

Thanks for the heads up. Not to worry. Really looking forward to the next batch of Hornet updates to come with the next patch and hopefully the Super Carrier will also make an arrival soon. Fingers crossed that ED team manage to work through the showstopper issues with the Super Carrier and the performance issues within the latest Beta release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

• ED Team
Thanks for the heads up. Not to worry. Really looking forward to the next batch of Hornet updates to come with the next patch and hopefully the Super Carrier will also make an arrival soon. Fingers crossed that ED team manage to work through the showstopper issues with the Super Carrier and the performance issues within the latest Beta release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the support, the team are working as hard as they can, difficult with everyone working from home due to COVID 19 but we are making progress and closed testing is going well.

As mentioned as soon as we know a date we will let everyone know, if we give any date it is subject to change of course.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Last update was a few weeks ago. For OB, but still was the last update.

Not for the vast majority of users...besides, don't you think users on stable - say for example those with no JF-17 or those with very limited Hornet TPOD functionality, those with few of the Razbam Mirage 2000c updates etc etc deserve the odd update occasionally - or is annual enough for those scrubs (you know the ones that pay the majority of ED's bills)

Airbag_signatur.png

Not for the vast majority of users...besides, don't you think users on stable - say for example those with no JF-17 or those with very limited Hornet TPOD functionality, those with few of the Razbam Mirage 2000c updates etc etc deserve the odd update occasionally - or is annual enough for those scrubs (you know the ones that pay the majority of ED's bills)

Do you have any data to support your dribble? Any numbers to show the majority of DCS players use Stable? A spreadsheet of ED's bills payed for by only Stable users? You're mad, I get that as I am fairly pissed at ED as well but without any data you're just spewing non-sense. Last patch for OB wasn't the greatest, you sure you want that thrown your way? Let'em fix it 2.5.6 first and then worry about Stable.

Do you have any data to support your dribble? Any numbers to show the majority of DCS players use Stable? A spreadsheet of ED's bills payed for by only Stable users? You're mad, I get that as I am fairly pissed at ED as well but without any data you're just spewing non-sense. Last patch for OB wasn't the greatest, you sure you want that thrown your way? Let'em fix it 2.5.6 first and then worry about Stable.

Just ED's own figures direct from Kate that show there are TWICE as many on Stable (and consequently twice the revenue) as there are on Open Beta...is that good enough for you?

>60% Stable, 30% OB, <10% legacy versions

Jesus...there's a bigger difference between the number of Stable Users and Open Beta Users than there is between Open Beta users and those still on 1.5 FFS!

Perhaps not "dribble" eh, but apologies - I understand how sensitive you OB users can be about your importance/significance

Airbag_signatur.png

Not anymore important or significant than anyone else around here and damn sure not "sensitive" about it. Remember Kate talking numbers but it was more SP vs MP I thought. I will have to check again.

Hopefully Stable gets updated, 2 or three more months should be fine to make sure it's worthy of "largest DCS community".

I really hope that the new closed beta test group is doing its job and pointing potential issues.

Not if it is the same group that have been testing for the past 2 years :lol:

Most beta testers want the latest thing before others have it; a few of them have been bragging on here how much fun they're having with the new carrier, which is in poor taste given the mood of many DCS players. If they're having fun their not testing it properly. Look at what they look for in their testers, basically its the fanboys that are never critical, and that is a mistake. They need the serious hardcore guys who will be blunt and to the point.

So, don't expect anything any different from the usual updates we get where 2 things are fixed and 4 new bugs added. :thumbup:

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I hope next patch touches WW2 theatre a bit :) give us WW2 pilots some love ^^

If I just wouldn't have to remap the Pony & Spit everytime...

Seeing a ground map radar in the Hornet is nice though, we're getting there cheerilee.png

As for the Stable updates, I just wish they'd released the latest 255 version as Stable, simply because it was. Or at the verly least, the Jeff which was already in OB in an earlier versions than what the latest Stable is. I guess many Stable users still wait especially for that thing... but well, that did't happen and we have to live with that now. Hope they'll get there soon to have 256 go to stable, with that SC and decent rendering performance.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Another parametre are the 3rd parties. Razbam has already made some crucial radar bug fixing for the Mirage 2000 that we have not see now for 3 weeks. I don't know if it's technically possible or efficient to update open beta version for 3 parties only.

If I just wouldn't have to remap the Pony & Spit everytime...

You don´t have to, but it´s important to load the non-clipped wing Spitfire before selecting the clipped wing one, and also select the older P-51D before the newer on (I have forgotten which versin is new and which one is older) for each DCS session.

Otherwise the controller profile doesn´t get loaded.

You can do this by having a mission with the older versions as player aircraft, load that mission, quit and then select the mission with the newer version.

This is just one more bug that has been around for a long time and never has been fixed.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Not anymore important or significant than anyone else around here and damn sure not "sensitive" about it. Remember Kate talking numbers but it was more SP vs MP I thought. I will have to check again.

Hopefully Stable gets updated, 2 or three more months should be fine to make sure it's worthy of "largest DCS community".

As much as I've disagreed with jasonbirder in the past (and I am another of those 60% on stable) he is correct. Kate gave two sets of numbers, one for version demographics, and one for so vs mp, and the numbers were very similar 60/30/10 for versions and 60/40 for so/mp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Just ED's own figures direct from Kate that show there are TWICE as many on Stable (and consequently twice the revenue) as there are on Open Beta...is that good enough for you?

>60% Stable, 30% OB, <10% legacy versions

Jesus...there's a bigger difference between the number of Stable Users and Open Beta Users than there is between Open Beta users and those still on 1.5 FFS!

Perhaps not "dribble" eh, but apologies - I understand how sensitive you OB users can be about your importance/significance

As much as I've disagreed with jasonbirder in the past (and I am another of those 60% on stable) he is correct. Kate gave two sets of numbers, one for version demographics, and one for so vs mp, and the numbers were very similar 60/30/10 for versions and 60/40 for so/mp

Why does it even matter if Stable or OB has more users? The bottom line is, if OB isn't stable enough for Stable, then Stable has to wait until OB is stable enough for Stable. What's the point in crying every week about the same thing. We ALL know stable hasn't been updated in 6 months. The reason we ALL know that is because OB is a mess right now, and ED is still trying to fix it. Why is that so hard to understand? And please don't mention again they should take pieces out of OB and update Stable, because that is just not possible.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I asked, he gave, I checked, it's all good, he was right about the numbers. No problem here

I’m not a multiplayer, but I thought that just about all the servers ran the OB. If so, then I can’t get my head around the figures above.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

And please don't mention again they should take pieces out of OB and update Stable, because that is just not possible.

Why? Is there any technical reason ED can't add in 3rd party content to a stable update?

The argument "its impossible to do stand alone stable updates not based on an OB version" flew out the door with 2.5.5.41371.1 - it was only a small update...but if thats possible - why not a small update to add in 3rd party content?

ED CHOOSES not to work on a seperate update to 2.5.5 as it hopes if it just ploughs on it'll eventually get 2.5.6 working and roll that out to stable...but the serious question is...how long is that a sustainable argument....so you think 6 months without an update to content people have paid for (you may have the JF-17 and not able to use it, you may have the Hornet and be missing an absolute roll-call of features that have been added etc etc) is OK - what about 9 months, a year?

All stable users want is a simple answer to the question...what is the Latest possible date they can expect to have access to these things (they have bought) will it be Q3 2020? Will it be Q4 2020 will it be 2021?

Airbag_signatur.png

Why? Is there any technical reason ED can't add in 3rd party content to a stable update?

The argument "its impossible to do stand alone stable updates not based on an OB version" flew out the door with 2.5.5.41371.1 - it was only a small update...but if thats possible - why not a small update to add in 3rd party content?

ED CHOOSES not to work on a seperate update to 2.5.5 as it hopes if it just ploughs on it'll eventually get 2.5.6 working and roll that out to stable...but the serious question is...how long is that a sustainable argument....so you think 6 months without an update to content people have paid for (you may have the JF-17 and not able to use it, you may have the Hornet and be missing an absolute roll-call of features that have been added etc etc) is OK - what about 9 months, a year?

All stable users want is a simple answer to the question...what is the Latest possible date they can expect to have access to these things (they have bought) will it be Q3 2020? Will it be Q4 2020 will it be 2021?

Is it that hard to install Open Beta instead?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

You have been told before why it is not possible. I will break it down for you again.

We work on version numbers of builds, not individual modules.

Currently 2.5.6 is not ready for stable.

Individual modules may rely on code in the core of a new build which is why it can not be merged into an older version.

When we are ready to update we will let everyone know.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

When we are ready to update we will let everyone know.

Thats great!

I know there's already a release date for the Supercarrier module (end of May 2020) and there's a roadmap outlining the Content that will be added to the Hornet by Dec 2020

They're both significant releases with a tremendous amount of new work to be done...if you're comfortable giving the community release timetables for those...then surely we could have an estimated release date for the next stable update?

Airbag_signatur.png

You don´t have to, but it´s important to load the non-clipped wing Spitfire before selecting the clipped wing one, and also select the older P-51D before the newer on (I have forgotten which versin is new and which one is older) for each DCS session.

Otherwise the controller profile doesn´t get loaded.

You can do this by having a mission with the older versions as player aircraft, load that mission, quit and then select the mission with the newer version.

This is just one more bug that has been around for a long time and never has been fixed.

Thanks for the hint, but my missions just have the older versions in and I never selected the newer ones yet. Maybe that's causing the issue though... anyway, it's a problem that needs a fix especially since it might occur on future additions as well (thinkin' 190F/G-8 here especially), and I also remember several occurences of TO assist and rudder assist jumping back to 100 sometimes for no valid reason rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
Thats great!

I know there's already a release date for the Supercarrier module (end of May 2020) and there's a roadmap outlining the Content that will be added to the Hornet by Dec 2020

They're both significant releases with a tremendous amount of new work to be done...if you're comfortable giving the community release timetables for those...then surely we could have an estimated release date for the next stable update?

I don't have a firm date for the open beta update yet, so how can I give you a stable version estimate?

We will be updating the open beta in May, as soon as I have a date I will let everyone know.

Then we release open beta and will get community feedback and reports.

Then we can think about a stable update, if things go to plan and open beta has no major issues, but at the moment we have to wait and see.

thanks

Thats great!

After the next OB release. Nothing has changed in the past few years on how this works.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

We will be updating the open beta in May, as soon as I have a date I will let everyone know.

You mispelled June.

Hey! I'm tryin' to be funny here! Gimme a break!:)

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

• ED Team
You mispelled June.

Hey! I'm tryin' to be funny here! Gimme a break!:)

Don't tempt fate!! lol :megalol: