DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

What I'd like to know is why if tomorrows OB goes well why they can't release that to stable before adding more things.

That's pretty much the hope for any of the OB releases. That its "fixed enough" for stable. And I wouldn't be surprised if in a week or two that did happen if they focused on stability/fixes and adding the SC.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Dude, give it a rest. Every time I come to this thread I see that you've been repeating the same thing over & over.

Seriously this is the last time I'm explaining it to you.

Give it a break, birder

Ok, ok guys, I get it...I really do...I'm WAY too impatient...6 months between patches for even the simplest of fixes (IE: to fix a broken .miz file in a a DLC campaign) is nothing to sweat about...I shouldn't be so demanding...

Why don't YOU tell me WHEN I should start getting impatient...after 8 months? after 10 months? after a year? Longer?

And we'll reconvene back here then...

Airbag_signatur.png

I find that attention-seekers test my tolerance , whiney attention-seekers even more so , and knot-headed whiney attention-seekers to be utterly beyond my ability (or desire) to deal with .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Ok, ok guys, I get it...I really do...I'm WAY too impatient...

Yes, you are - I'd tolerate it if there wasn't an easy fix to your problem. But what's worse is that you seem to think that perpetually screeching the same talking points makes any progress (it doesn't).

6 months between patches for even the simplest of fixes (IE: to fix a broken .miz file in a a DLC campaign) is nothing to sweat about...I shouldn't be so demanding...

BIGNEWY has explained this to you on a number of occasions.

Why don't YOU tell me WHEN I should start getting impatient...after 8 months? after 10 months? after a year? Longer?

When your conspiracy theory represents reality. How about then?

Please no.

Also I take it that you do in fact believe that 2021 is the next time we'll see a stable update...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

tumblr_mldgcpdOzo1rsszvco1_500.gif.b2a2cb7ac99d369507a5f29b3fde88c8.gif It's 20 May 2020 in the Netherlands!!! It's on! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Ok, ok guys, I get it...I really do...I'm WAY too impatient...6 months between patches for even the simplest of fixes (IE: to fix a broken .miz file in a a DLC campaign) is nothing to sweat about...I shouldn't be so demanding...

5 months, not 6. In all reality it's been just shy of 5. Your post says one thing, but the tone behind it says the complete opposite. I get wanting an update, but this has been explained ad nauseum by numerous people on this forum. The update to stable is condition based, not calendar based. We could perhaps see an update for stable next week if all is well. If not? )Shrug(

Look, with as much noise as you've made over the past couple months about not getting what you want, I don't know why you haven't just jumped to OB , at least till stable updates.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

It's on oculus. HP Reverb has more pixels to do. :D

Heavily depends... I'm on Oculus CV1 and get 22fps or even less in 256, PD 1.0 and no sort of AA at all. Jar's been running the S and PD 1.5, settings very high. No details on that though. And he's probably running a better rig, but well, I've seen guys with overclocked 9900ks and 2080tis complain about the performance even in an S. So my wild and uneducated guess is that it will be better, finally. Hooves crossed...

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Is there any update information yet?

Nope, just keep smashing that F5

(tip: use different fingers, to prevent blisters)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Probably late European afternoon... as it always does.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Anybody know exactly what time the new OB version with the Supercarrier is landing today?
No fixed time, but typically mid-afternoon or later GMT

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

So 4 till 5 hours to go.

@Bignewy Can you already drop some info?

Thanks in advance. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

In about 4 till 5 hours from now. If the build is good. :D

The update to stable is condition based, not calendar based.

Whilst I REALLY shouldn't rise to the bait...I can't leave this one hanging...

It being Condition based ISN'T set in stone is it? Its NOT the way things HAVE to be...When BN says ED CAN'T release a patch for the Stable branch until they're happy about the performance of 2.5.6.xxx...It ISN'T a law of nature is it? Its not immutable...all they mean is "we don't CHOOSE to do any additional work on the stable branch - to incorporate any bug fixes or pre-existing third party content because we'd rather allocate development resources to the OB 2.5.6.xxx branch"

They could quite happily turn around and say...you know what...not been alot happening with stable for a very long time, that's the bulk of our customer base...we'll throw a bit of resource their way and prepare an out of sequence stable update that includes non-version specific updates (IE; .miz files/documentation etc) and 3rd party content that was prepared for 2.5.5.xxx release (IE: the JF17 as it existed in OB 2.5.5.4196)

They CHOOSE not to because they don't consider it a worthwhile allocation of resources...despite users on the stable branch being by far the bulk of the user base...and I can't help but feel that part of the reason it's not considered worthwhile is because for every voice that says..."hey ED, an update to stable aftyer 6 months would be nice" there's half a dozen white knights who'll say "don't worry...6 months for some bug fixes is de-rigour in software suites costing hundreds and hundreds of dollars...nobody minds...its really no big deal" whilst elsewhere people are moaning "OMFG...outrageous...OB not had a D/L fix for the F16 for two weeks what the hell is going on"

Airbag_signatur.png

If you use your left hand, it feels like a different sim!

:megalol:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hello All....Happy Super Carrier Day!!!!

I'm L@@King out for that elusive patch!!!:D

giphy.gif

Hype Train has left The Station!!!!

***********:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:**************

giphy_(1).gif

Ohh there are going to be some loud angry people when the bugg that are still in there are discovered. You might hear words like, "gamebreaking", "totaly not finished", "ED scam!!" etc etc etc........

Just taking my bag of popcorn out for this one! :joystick::pilotfly::drunk: