DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Dying in AGONY FOR OB!!!!

HI

I´m just here checking every 4 minutes the change log page and the dcs updater...im not buying the supercarrier yet even that I have the F14 and F18 I´m ansious because of this betta update, I got the feeling that this would fix somany bugs and will improve for better.

Please update this post if you get the update sooner than me!!!

Whilst I REALLY shouldn't rise to the bait...I can't leave this one hanging...

It being Condition based ISN'T set in stone is it? Its NOT the way things HAVE to be...When BN says ED CAN'T release a patch for the Stable branch until they're happy about the performance of 2.5.6.xxx...It ISN'T a law of nature is it? Its not immutable...all they mean is "we don't CHOOSE to do any additional work on the stable branch - to incorporate any bug fixes or pre-existing third party content because we'd rather allocate development resources to the OB 2.5.6.xxx branch"

They could quite happily turn around and say...you know what...not been alot happening with stable for a very long time, that's the bulk of our customer base...we'll throw a bit of resource their way and prepare an out of sequence stable update that includes non-version specific updates (IE; .miz files/documentation etc) and 3rd party content that was prepared for 2.5.5.xxx release (IE: the JF17 as it existed in OB 2.5.5.4196)

They CHOOSE not to because they don't consider it a worthwhile allocation of resources...despite users on the stable branch being by far the bulk of the user base...and I can't help but feel that part of the reason it's not considered worthwhile is because for every voice that says..."hey ED, an update to stable aftyer 6 months would be nice" there's half a dozen white knights who'll say "don't worry...6 months for some bug fixes is de-rigour in software suites costing hundreds and hundreds of dollars...nobody minds...its really no big deal" whilst elsewhere people are moaning "OMFG...outrageous...OB not had a D/L fix for the F16 for two weeks what the hell is going on"

bru......bru........come on now. Why is that you think that working on fixing OB is not working to make it ready for Stable? OB's entire reason for existing is to support Stable. Stable is the mainstay. Everything that works and doesn't work in OB is supposed to make Stable better. Out of all the problems ED has had with comms the last few months, the OB/Stable delay isn't one of them. They have been pretty damn open in explaining the reasons.

By your own words Stable has the larger player base, this alone is probably some of the reason it has taken so long. 2.5.6 HAS to be fixed before they release it to Stable. Say it with me.......STABLE. I get your talk about releasing piece meal patches that bring parts of features or improvements, but that doesn't make sense either. ED would be better off just deleting 2.5.6 and starting over as there is no way of knowing what unintended problems will show up in Stable, which would completely go against the reason for having a OB.

Serious question, is there a reason you refuse to use OB for the time being? Just wondering. You seem pretty center on the JF, which if you paid for I completely understand your point, why not move to OB for a short time?

Yes you may of course.

Slippery ice. It's the patch notes discussion thread here. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

this is why I am waiting until Saturday to start up DCS. the forum is nuts, Reddit is nuts and soon the 'it's all broken' 'why, just why' posts will start. I had enough of first day shenanigans in World of Warcraft to last me a lifetime. I am happy that they are releasing today and happy to read the patch notes. I just sadly know what's coming.

The really sad part is that it happens to all programs and there isn't a single thing they can do about it. Nothing survives in the plan after first contact with the enemy.

I cannot find mention of the addition of the SC. Except for the heatblur change log.

My thought exactly as usually, support of a new module is listed in the general DCS World section.

On the other hand, if SC wouldn't make it today, I'm sure they would have had mentioned it already somewhere.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!