DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Serious question: I put in ABE in the Caucasus at Sochi heading Northwest. I wanted to make ship's speed at 25 kts but it only had 11 kts. Is this a bug or just birthing pains?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Not sure what happened but it's fine now.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Just uninstall the free modules with cmd, first change directory to your build path usind cd, an then to the bin folder, the run the command DCS_Updater.exe uninstall module name

Guess i'll have to reinstall the game. That command prompt thing on DCS is not working anymore for months.

Whilst I REALLY shouldn't rise to the bait...I can't leave this one hanging...

It being Condition based ISN'T set in stone is it? Its NOT the way things HAVE to be...When BN says ED CAN'T release a patch for the Stable branch until they're happy about the performance of 2.5.6.xxx...It ISN'T a law of nature is it? Its not immutable...all they mean is "we don't CHOOSE to do any additional work on the stable branch - to incorporate any bug fixes or pre-existing third party content because we'd rather allocate development resources to the OB 2.5.6.xxx branch"

They could quite happily turn around and say...you know what...not been alot happening with stable for a very long time, that's the bulk of our customer base...we'll throw a bit of resource their way and prepare an out of sequence stable update that includes non-version specific updates (IE; .miz files/documentation etc) and 3rd party content that was prepared for 2.5.5.xxx release (IE: the JF17 as it existed in OB 2.5.5.4196)

They CHOOSE not to because they don't consider it a worthwhile allocation of resources...despite users on the stable branch being by far the bulk of the user base...and I can't help but feel that part of the reason it's not considered worthwhile is because for every voice that says..."hey ED, an update to stable aftyer 6 months would be nice" there's half a dozen white knights who'll say "don't worry...6 months for some bug fixes is de-rigour in software suites costing hundreds and hundreds of dollars...nobody minds...its really no big deal" whilst elsewhere people are moaning "OMFG...outrageous...OB not had a D/L fix for the F16 for two weeks what the hell is going on"

Jason, you could just un-install all things DCS and then, apparently, your life would be so much more enjoyable. Just a polite suggestion, I don't wish to see anyone misereable.:(

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Jason, you could just un-install all things DCS and then, apparently, your life would be so much more enjoyable. Just a polite suggestion, I don't wish to see anyone misereable.:(

Seriously. Honestly I started on stable, and fairly quickly moved over to Beta, because at the time it wasn't all that bad. On Steam, it takes ~30 minutes to switch back and forth depending on your connection speed. So if you really want to fly the Jeff (and you do, trust me), just switch, try it out, and if you hate it you've lost less time than you have spent bitching about it here. If you like it, we all win.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Tried a repair and still am getting the invalid username or password. I also attempted to reset my password to remove any possible doubt. Same problem.

Edited by Quid

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

Nope, just keep smashing that F5

(tip: use different fingers, to prevent blisters)

rdlaugh.png

Someone should go and mod

to constantly hit the MiG28 key somehow. I'm pretty sure it sells like hot cakes cjxex7is.png

If you use your left hand, it feels like a different sim!

It's probably harder as well, so something new to learn as well - just like a new module! icon_redface.gif

I've seen the patch notes, prepare to be surprised guys.. .(can't share them though before official release at website)

[...]

Was just reading 20.03.2020 patch notes, for a moment I was tricked .....

You literally crack me up there icon_lol.gif

Are these documented somewhere?

Added GRAY option

They just spelled the name of their boss wrong, things do happen occasionally pinkiepieexcited.png

Let's hope we can use "options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true" again smile.gif

Curious to see the new VR options and performance smile.gif

What does it do anyway? Just reading it's broken literally everywhere... rainbowdashwink.png

Bloom and MSAA mask options.

Totally useless... bloom is one of the things that are being disabled right after install literally by everyone and MSAA is pretty much superfluous in VR since PD rainbowdashwink.png

VR Bloom! A dream of mine gets real. A real nightmare of mine ;-)

I guess it's the kinda retro filter of those missing the Celestia rays of the CV1 in their newer HMDs, just like those intended to simulate how it looked like on a CRT which doesn't actually look like it really was rdlaugh.png

Virgin Greedia throttles my Steam downloads to 26MB/s.

I wish I had that in KB/s. Third world here. #Neuland, sorry for the political, social and cultural dispute here rdlaugh.png

How is performance ?

By the time you were asking it was MASTER CAUTION! icon_redface.gif

i7-9700k, 32 gigs of RAM, GTX 1070.

I've got 30-35 fps in the open sea in F-14. Is this a joke?

The same here! I had an absurd drop in FPS compared to the previous update. In the Super Carrir I lost more than 20 FPS over the Deck. Both the F14 and the F18.

... well looks like it still is MASTER CAUTION. Wave off! Wave off! 7x8k2zqi.png

But I guess it's time now for me to see myself how it runs salute.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Guess i'll have to reinstall the game. That command prompt thing on DCS is not working anymore for months.

I used it this afternoon to uninstall the trial modules I didnt buy. Worked fine.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Tell me how it goes in VR. I couldn't try it yet.

"options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true" is an option that shares the image projected for both eyes instead of having to render 1 image for each eye. It helps in fps, but some things like lighting only renders for 1 eye the last time I tried it.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Can't Load Open Beta after Update

After updating to 2.5.6.49314, I am getting the attached error message that the program can't find edCore.dll. I tried the repair utility and get the same issue. I searched the Eagle Dynamics folder where my Open Beta Install resides and the edCore.dll is present:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\edCore.dll"

I searched the forums here and found some old posts but no resolution. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Cantload.jpg

Odd man out, but just as relevant I guess.

Command line install/updater. Launched, auto-login, no issues.

Did a quick and dirty mission, flew around the Stennis, frame rate good.

Quick check, all good. 2D Track IR user.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I really cannot see the General "game performance increased" annouced, I'm sorry. still unplayable for most VR user regardless the hardware.

4 months of this and you still won't fix the origin of this 2.5.6 carnage. Again people don't care about the lightning if it's to get a slideshow.

I didn't even took the time to try SC more than 10min, I am too disgusted.

After updating to 2.5.6.49314, I am getting the attached error message that the program can't find edCore.dll. I tried the repair utility and get the same issue. I searched the Eagle Dynamics folder where my Open Beta Install resides and the edCore.dll is present:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\edCore.dll"

I searched the forums here and found some old posts but no resolution. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Cantload.jpg

Try disabling your anti-virus and/or anti-malware then run a repair. That file is reporting as a false positive.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Last freaking time.

It being Condition based ISN'T set in stone is it? Its NOT the way things HAVE to be...When BN says ED CAN'T release a patch for the Stable branch until they're happy about the performance of 2.5.6.xxx...It ISN'T a law of nature is it? Its not immutable

Yes it is. Stable builds are built off of a workable version of the OB suitable for stable - no workable OB build = no stable update. That's why the focus is on the OB, because an OB build good enough for stable, is the OB's ultimate goal. That's how it has always been, and IS the most efficient way of going about it.

all they mean is "we don't CHOOSE to do any additional work on the stable branch - to incorporate any bug fixes or pre-existing third party content because we'd rather allocate development resources to the OB 2.5.6.xxx branch"

Again, stable is built off of the open beta; no workable OB build = no stable update.

They could quite happily turn around and say...you know what...not been alot happening with stable for a very long time, that's the bulk of our customer base...we'll throw a bit of resource their way and prepare an out of sequence stable update that includes non-version specific updates (IE; .miz files/documentation etc) and 3rd party content that was prepared for 2.5.5.xxx release (IE: the JF17 as it existed in OB 2.5.5.4196)

No they can't, it doesn't work like that. They only thing they could do is update it to a previous OB build - such as 2.5.5.41962 OB, provided that build is working properly and is suitable for building a stable build off of.

For the 3rd time - they can't update stable without a workable OB build. No workable OB build = no stable.

They CHOOSE not to because they don't consider it a worthwhile allocation of resources...despite users on the stable branch being by far the bulk of the user base...

Yeah yeah, it's all a conspiracy, stable was an inside job etc... Totally convinced.

and I can't help but feel that part of the reason it's not considered worthwhile is because for every voice that says..."hey ED, an update to stable aftyer 6 months would be nice"

Is this how you think you come across?

there's half a dozen white knights who'll say "don't worry...6 months for some bug fixes is de-rigour in software suites costing hundreds and hundreds of dollars...nobody minds...its really no big deal" whilst elsewhere people are moaning "OMFG...outrageous...OB not had a D/L fix for the F16 for two weeks what the hell is going on"

"I don't understand how DCS is developed therefore everyone who disagrees with me or tries to explain it is a white knight"

I've seen this kind of argument before, but damn, I just can't put my finger on it...

*cough*

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Just checking in with a report on my experience thus far:

I uninstalled all the free modules yesterday/day before, so I didn't have any issues with that (possibly what's causing some problems for some people). Download and installation went fine, no problems or issues. Supercarrier is recognised and working normally as far as I can see.

On Supercarrier Cold Start in F-18, with 18 F-18s and multiple other aircraft present on the deck, I observed the AI F-18s launch normally, all the deck crew appeared to be present and behaving normally as expected. FPS seemed reasonable, in the 50s when looking at the crowded deck, 100ish when looking away from the ship.

For the guy above complaining about FPS drop over water, remember they added a new water effect with 2.5.6 SSLR, and it hits hard when enabled. Otherwise, it seems to be fine, no problems for me.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Try disabling your anti-virus and/or anti-malware then run a repair. That file is reporting as a false positive.

Worked like a champ! Thanks.

The strange part was that I could run my stable version and my dev version but not the open beta. Either way, it worked and I got in!

I justed tested performance in VR, its definatly playable in single player.

I had like +/-40 fps on the carrier, and +/- 30 with mirrors on.

Most of my settings are on low to medium , msaa x2, pd 1.0

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I really cannot see the General "game performance increased" annouced, I'm sorry. still unplayable for most VR user regardless the hardware.

4 months of this and you still won't fix the origin of this 2.5.6 carnage. Again people don't care about the lightning if it's to get a slideshow.

I didn't even took the time to try SC more than 10min, I am too disgusted.

It has nothing to do with the lighting update or water. It's an AI issue of some sort. You can test this yourself by hopping into any free flight.