DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Maybe?! :megalol:

I almost want it to get delayed just to see where this goes

Would be too hilarious! icon_redface.gif

But for you Stable runners, I wish they'll up it soon. Most recent beta version seems to be pretty fine.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Would be too hilarious! icon_redface.gif

But for you Stable runners, I wish they'll up it soon. Most recent beta version seems to be pretty fine.

Yeah, it looks pretty positive, though there is an OB slated for the 3rd of June(?), though SC seems to be a bit of a performance hog.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

TheGardian’s car dealer must be a happy man, if he sells him a car that starts one in three times, that turns only to the left and catches fire from time to time TheGardian will be satisfied

Nothing is perfect in this world, if somebody sells something with small issues that can be tolerated, but il somebody sells something that absolutely does not work, it is not normal.

OB must be something with only small issues, not a crap producing more than 10 FPS only if you buy the big chinese computer.

That’s it !

And sorry for my bad english

I also vote for more frequent stable releases and use short incremental beta runs only to test specific new features before moving them into stable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?17150-Repainting-in-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

see rivet painting instructions...LOL

used to be lots of tutorials over the years for painting flight sims....

I am kidding,, but if you actually do rivets, have fun :)

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

The new download method we saw last time for the small patch worked really well again this time too. Obviously everyone was waiting for the SC and other updates this time, but the download still maxed out my NBN bandwidth. Very nice indeed! Like downloading from Steam now!

Is there any mention of the throttle afterburner detent for the F-18 that I may have missed in the patch notes? I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong.

My throttle detent setting in options is set to always on. I still see the animation on the throttle when I lift the detent stopper. But when not lifting the detent stopper, the throttle still goes all the way forward.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

I also vote for more frequent stable releases and use short incremental beta runs only to test specific new features before moving them into stable.

more frequent update to stable would be welcome of course, however i wouldn't even mind the slower update pace, if the stable releases would be more solid. sometimes they are, soemtimes they aren't. the current stable for example has the new a-10c cockpit but lacks the new lighting, which is an unfortuante combination and makes it feel very much work in progress for a-10c pilots.

i think the stable release is still an afterthought in the dev process and it should get a little more attention - just to make sure stable version is always in a good spot especially in times where release pace is so slow.

thanks.

after DCS 2.5.6.49314 openbeta update i can not connect to multiplayer, if i rollback, i can, is there a issue with multiplayer in DCS 2.5.6.49314

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero motherboard (ROG Serie)

CPU: Intel Core I7-4770K med OC på 4x4.1GHz (HyperThreading)

CPU køler: CoolerMaster Seidon 120 vandkøling

Ram:Kingston 32 GB DDR3-2133 HyperX Beast-series

Harddisk 1:Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD

Harddisk 2:Ekstra harddisk kan tilvælges

Grafik:Asus GeForce GTX780 OC 3GB grafikkort (DirectCUII)

Strømforsyning Seasonic 750W supersilent (80+ Silver )

your server also needs to be upgraded maybe?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Have you tried switching anti-aliasing off? I run DCS completely without and also PD at just 1.0 and see a considerable increase in performance with the latest update, even with the carrier, although mine still is empty.

Just had a nice mission taking off from the Teddy, dropping two HARMs at some SA-11 sites (dunno if effective though) and engaged two Floggers. Shot one with an AMRAAM in TWS (TBH I think this was my first TWS kill in the Hornet, didn't try that before) and went into dogfighting the other, trying to stay on his six for a while instead of just hammering that X winder into him just because it was so much fun. Too bad my friggen GA Z77 D3H rev 1.0 again did what it's best known for: Just shutting down my rig out of a sudden. That mobo is giving me a hard time. A lot. Worst choice ever. Doesn't do it all that often, but when it happens, it just sucks big time. This also killed my Firefox profile two times already which is a real pain in the rear restoring afterwards (I backup that regularly, but getting the most recent tabs and bookmarks from the crashed profile in is still possible, but tricky). If I just could afford a new rig... just replacing the mobo by sth else isn't worth all the hassle anymore nowadays. I wish I could have flown back to land the thing on the boat... fsgrin.png

Over temperature protection, by chance ?

By the end of 2018 my Asus B85M-G, simply shut off by itself.

Never managed to switch it on again, couldn't find anything burnt, cracked, damaged, nothing.

Quickest solution, bought an AsRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 and mounted all the hardware again.

Even today as it's making a little hot here, my CPU hit 80 ºC just while flying the F-16 over the Las Vegas strip alone... everytime I see my CPU / mobo temps, I cross my fingers the mobo doesn't fry.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

AI aircraft unable to connect with the tanker while in a turn.

It doesn't look like this was fixed. AV8, F-18, F-14 still can't refuel while the tanker is in a turn. Anyone else seeing them same behaviour?

Over temperature protection, by chance ?

Most probably not. When I first encountered the issue, I found many with the same and one of them contacted the support of GB and he got the answer that it's a hardware bug that can occur on some rev. 1.0 and 1.1 boards - 1.2 had that fixed. Unlucky me bought the board roughly after they released rev 1.2 - but I still received a rev 1.0. Wasn't able to RMA it anymore though when I learned about that. And I actually know someone who had the same board, but the Z77X variant with more features. Had exactly the same issues. Sometimes I have this 3 times a week, then again 2-3 months without issues... and I also had a corrupted BIOS by this 2 or 3 times already. Lucky that those things have a second backup chip for that, so the things won't die. I had that happen about 20 years ago once in a special occasion. I was just flashing that BIOS when a power cut appeared. Everything was off, including the lights. When things worked again, one didn't - my rig. Cutting power while flashing a BIOS is not the best idea - but when it happens, well, it does just that rdlaugh.png

But I think that's getting too much off the rail now, but I wanted to answer that question at least.

By the way, I noticed we can save 3 custom settings for the graphics now and I'm pretty sure I didn't read that in the patch notes. Pretty cool thing for those who want to tune down their settings for MP.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

By the way, I noticed we can save 3 custom settings for the graphics now and I'm pretty sure I didn't read that in the patch notes. Pretty cool thing for those who want to tune down their settings for MP.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The custom settings is a great addition. It will make tweaking settings a lot easier.

The custom settings is a great addition. It will make tweaking settings a lot easier.

Not as easy as Skatezilla’s utility (link in my post above).

At the moment, I just select 2D or VR in a drop down and click on launch to start DCS. Using the built-in method, I would have to run DCS, go to Settings, select a custom preset for VR, DCS would then quit and restart. With all that and launching SteamVR, WMR etc., it’s a mess!

Skate’s utility is THE indispensable tool for managing DCS.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not as easy as Skatezilla’s utility (link in my post above).

At the moment, I just select 2D or VR in a drop down and click on launch to start DCS. Using the built-in method, I would have to run DCS, go to Settings, select a custom preset for VR, DCS would then quit and restart. With all that and launching SteamVR, WMR etc., it’s a mess!

Skate’s utility is THE indispensable tool for managing DCS.

That's why an optional menu with those settings before the start of the core game would be a thing.

Yes, that would help, but still no advantage compared to everything Skate’s utility offers.

Will there be a hotfix this week?

Im glad you guys fixed the tws guidance but now the hornet gives launch warning for tws shots of the rail instead of going active. So basically still quite useless in a tws pvp environment.

Keep on going :-)

Hi ED,

Any chance to have 2.5.6 uptade on stable this week ?

doesn't seem likely. they have some bugs what needs fixing first. I guess they will push it to release once performance is optimized and all the annoying stuff is out of the way.

and no one will give you a timeline. it will be pushed when it's ready. (I hope)

Hi ED,

Any chance to have 2.5.6 uptade on stable this week ?

No, unfortunately it doesn't look like it'll come out way. It looks like it's for good reason, )shrug( it is getting kinda old with us getting no lovin'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE