DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Me thinks, Crew is working hard today :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's just hope all goes well icon_redface.gif

Can't wait to put some SLAMs and that Walleye pod on the thing and do some gallery shooting with that. You know, at that X airfield which should be a huge crater already rdlaugh.png

I'll probably establish an orbit, fire off one and do the next one after one round to see if I can switch over to the second one after the first has impacted. I imagine this would be possible. And my wild and uneducated guess is the Hornet could carry 4 of those... dealwithit.png

And of course, try to use the AG radar to designate a target in the general area. Terminal guidance is manual and visual, so not TGP required here rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

And of course, try to use the AG radar to designate a target in the general area. rainbowdashwink.png

Looks like we will have to wait a bit longer for that functionality

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4365858&postcount=23

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Looks like we will have to wait a bit longer for that functionality

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4365858&postcount=23

As I understood it you can designate a target from the MAP mode. Wags also shows this in the video. Ofcourse its only a general area you can designate, for example a city, mountain ridge or river bedding, which I believe Eldur was referring to. The later modes GMTI and GMTT will provide actual targets with high intensity radar returns on the radar scope.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I hope the SLAM has a correct damage model seeing as how the Harpoon still needs to be corrected.

From what I've read it's not the harpoon, it's the ships. Maybe both.

Then again, maybe we shouldn't have been so concerned when the Iranians fired those harpoons at us (they didn't, but we were blissfully unaware it was a drill, hence red and free with white birds on the rails).

Is it out yet ?

Is what out yet?

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Your point is valid, but did apolloace really use Steam (which would then be not EDs "fault" at all) or did he use non-torrent?

Because if he - like I suspect the majority here - uses normal updater without switching to http-mode, then I'd say torrent uses preferedly UDP.

But TCP got some nice additions to make it very suitable for high speed data transfers over the years.

All the best,

Deadpool

Since a couple of updates there is no longer a Toreent /UDP option. It is now HTTPS-only., AFAIK.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought patches were usually posted earlier in the day than this. This doesn't bode well.

I'm at work & on stable so it wouldn't affect me anyway, but today is payday and a little bird mentioned the p47 and channel may get posted in the store today. I want to see if the dollars are going directly from my employer to ED, if if they get to hang out in my bank account for awhile first

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Yea the P47 and Channel map is in the store but I think that was for the people invited to try them only. The patch notes are normally out by now and it is confirmed by Newy or someone that they are either on time for release or not. My guess is possibly thursday or Friday but today not looking to good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought patches were usually posted earlier in the day than this. This doesn't bode well.

The key word here is usually. Usually they do come earlier, but we also had patches in the past that came later in the day, so keep calm.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Been saying that for several hours now!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I see the P47 is in store now (though not purchasable) -- patch still imminent I hope? Also really wanting the Fishbed fixes.

I don't see anything in the store :(

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

Steam release date just changed from today (in an hour or so) to "coming soon-item not available"

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

in the past that came later in the day, so keep calm.

Perhaps you skipped over the other part of my post stating that the patch is largely irrelevant to me

System: