DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Hi all

we have reported the issues to the team and they are discussing and working out what went wrong. At this point a hot fix is being considered and as soon as I know more I will let you all know.

thanks

You guys should really stop calling a patch that doesnt really fix emerging problems and isnt even pushed out in a rapid (fix the game cause its broken) fashion a "hotfix." Hot fixes are supposed to identify specific issues and *gasp* fix them. Not try to introduce new "features" and break more stuff in the process of not actually fixing the original blasted issues that necesitated a "hotfix." And thats not a personal attack btw. Its aimed at the people making the decisions for which youre tasked with announcing.

Hi all

we have reported the issues to the team and they are discussing and working out what went wrong. At this point a hot fix is being considered and as soon as I know more I will let you all know.

thanks

Not the same topic, but...

Has the Team any information regarding Huey Multi Crew? Dead Silent except for the infos you gave me concering sync issues. Haven't they yet be able to fix it, or has it even dropped in priority? Would at least be nice to read somethings about this in the next news...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I made a quick test and the path finding of AI ground vehicles is much improved, still not perfect but much better than before.

Hi Rudel, thanks for the info. Was this in Combined Arms? I ask because I really like that module and tend to be a bit disappointed when one of my Bradleys decides to drive like it did a few hours ago 10 miles off the coast at Batumi in my singleplayer campaign while the rest of his unit go and hide in the woods where I told them too.. if its gotten better that's great news :) FYI the lone Bradley returned from its swim eventually once I set another waypoint for the group. :music_whistling:

Maybe they stop adding new content for a week or to to fix big problems. They already added so much in previous months.

many people surely would appreciate a different approach.

An update with bug fixes (inlcuding those ignored for months and years), then an update with new stuff. Or alternating in another order, whatever might be useful.

Currently there are two different expections - some want new stuff (especially with the newer modules), some want to use the stuff they already own and can't properly use. Of course newly released modules earn money for ED, so it's totally alright if they put some focus on that. But on the other hand users like me who pretty much joined the party on "day one" are getting more and more disappointed. I have stopped buying new modules some time ago because there always are issues killing the fun.

But whichever way it is, IMO bugs just introduced with some OB patch - like the lighting making (not only) the Viggen useless - certainly should be fixed with the highest priority. Remember the cockpit lights issue with the KA-50, how long did it take to get a fix? 50 years or so? :cry:

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

Honestly ED really, really needs to abandon the "patch every week" way of doing things.

Ever since they pushed the lighting patch, it's been a mix of breaking things constantly while adjusting to a new system, while also having to push features people have been waiting for forever (a2g radar anyone?). The result is that half the game is broken. If AI can't taxi properly, or it's immune to damage, or if the lighting ets completely screwed up, DO NOT PUSH THE PATCH. Test things properly first, maybe patch new features only once a month or two, rather than once a week. If it's not "big patch time", push bug fixes alone and nothing else.

Whatever you do, break the current cycle of "we need to get new toys out asap!", because it's not helping anyone. At this point it's like watching War Thunder being patched.

Honestly ED really, really needs to abandon the "patch every week" way of doing things.

Its open beta.

If you are upset things get broken in a beta release, then use the stable version. And then feel free to complain when ED breaks stuf in the "stable" version (and we know they do) and thats a valid criticism. Too many people use open beta because they can not wait for new feature X or because there is stuff that is broken in the stable version, some of which may be fixed in the open beta.. I think more people run the open beta than the stable branch and its become the defacto standard. But that is the problem Not that stuff gets broken in the beta.

@Bignewy

Just to check if my impression is wrong: Did you spent some love to the F-5E Tiger with today´s patch?

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Its open beta.

If you are upset things get broken in a beta release, then use the stable version. And then feel free to complain when ED breaks stuf in the "stable" version (and we know they do) and thats a valid criticism. Too many people use open beta because they can not wait for new feature X or because there is stuff that is broken in the stable version, some of which may be fixed in the open beta.But That is the problem. Not that stuff gets broken in the beta.

I normally agree, but honestly, the point of beta is for us to test features. How are we supposed to test features when HUDs are invisible, radars stop working entirely, the lighting is broken and the AI is immortal (to name a few)? By definition, a feature should start testing after it's (somewhat) correctly implemented in the code. I think these last few patches cross that line....the Hornet radar not being functional should be reason alone to delay the patch.

Hi Rudel, thanks for the info. Was this in Combined Arms?

No, it was just ground AI vehicles moving around, mostly over roads, but over free terrain also. Previously they would get lost and not follow their waypoints.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Its open beta.

If you are upset things get broken in a beta release, then use the stable version. And then feel free to complain when ED breaks stuf in the "stable" version (and we know they do) and thats a valid criticism. Too many people use open beta because they can not wait for new feature X or because there is stuff that is broken in the stable version, some of which may be fixed in the open beta.. I think more people run the open beta than the stable branch and its become the defacto standard. But that is the problem Not that stuff gets broken in the beta.

Aren't all the campaigns broken in Stable too, due to the AI taxiing into everything?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

I normally agree, but honestly, the point of beta is for us to test features. How are we supposed to test features when HUDs are invisible, radars stop working entirely, the lighting is broken and the AI is immortal (to name a few)?

Presumably most of these where not known, and because we tested and reported them, they will or should get get fixed before those changes appear in the stable branch.

I think you confuse testing with playing. If you find nothing to test in all of DCS and alll the other changes they made because a radar is broken in one module, or you dont get to enjoy your AI kills , Im not sure what to tell you. Dont apply for a job as software test engineer I guess :)

I'd like to see some labeling in regards to patches. I'd suggest something like:

Features update: adds new features for testing in open beta only

Stability update: squashes bugs, restores core functionality, improves performance

With so many core functions broken, maybe just maybe, it's time for a moratorium on new features and an all hands on deck bug squashing mission.

Ryzen 5950x PBO | MSI RTX 3090 | 32gb 3600 RAM | 2 x SSD | Quest 3 | TM Warthog

Anyone facing issue related to damage model? One F16 eat 4 of my AIM120c's and still not dead

-------------------------------------------------

AMD 3700x, 32GB 3600 C16 RAM, 2080 Ti FE, 32UD89 4K 60, 300Mbps LAN

There are only 3 sexy airplanes in the sky, Flanker, Viper, Raptor

Presumably most of these where not known, and because we tested and reported them, they will or should get get fixed before those changes appear in the stable branch.

I think you confuse testing with playing. If you find nothing to test in all of DCS and alll the other changes they made because a radar is broken in one module, or you dont get to enjoy your AI kills , Im not sure what to tell you. Dont apply for a job as software test engineer I guess :)

Part of my job is software development actually. I like to think I know better than pushing something this broken, but I do admit that the stuff I develop is far simpler than DCS.

Again, I would agree if the bugs in question were something more obscure and harder to track. HUDs disappearing or a main system of your flagship product breaking do not qualify, as they prevent us from doing properly thorough testing (for example, testing the Hornet's radar issues with RWRs). In fact, that example shows that they should have checked the Hornet's radar more thoroughly, as one of the changes is related to it. Even Nineline has gone on track saying releasing an update like this is not OK. If ED takes responsibility, why claim things are fine?

Edited by TLTeo

I imagine ED thinking every week "what went wrong".

Reminds me of something... icon_redface.gif

Who doesn't love Derpy? fsgrin.png

Maybe they stop adding new content for a week or to to fix big problems. They already added so much in previous months.

Well, they literally just did that. Can't see any new content here. Just a ton of fixes. Oh, and some new issues, aaas always icon_redface.gif

After all it's a beta. Things do go wrong. I know we all wish such game braking things like the barely visible HUDs or now almost invincible aircraft or even performance issues wouldn't even occur in the open beta versions. But having those things tested internally would delay fixing other problems even more and eat up manhours as well. I wouldn't want to have the HUDs issue for 2-4 weeks TBH. Of course it shouldn't be there in the first place though. But remember all those "but it was supposed to be released in April" posts? Whichever ED choses to do, it's always wrong in some regard. They literally have to do one of those "mistakes"...

I'll be going for AG then until they'll drop the hotfix. It's my main thing in DCS anyway. Maybe I'll even try some fun things like "for how long can I take some Shilka battering to the face and still go on?". BTW there's just a new version of the Community A-4E. Some might use it as a dogfighter, but it's mainly air to ground... just go ahead and have fun with that meanwhile fsgrin.png

Just a reminder, BTW after that one bloke just having a bunch of posts complaining about BN's supposedly lacking comms here, BN did the best he could have done, talk to the team and tell us right away that we might expect a hotfix now. My guess is we'd be getting it on Flyday or even before that, if all goes well. Knowing, we wouldn't have to wait until next When'sday is kinda relieving, I would also have appreciated that last week TBH. Of course, thing could go south again and we wouldn't see a hotfix this week anyhow, but at least we know they're trying hard to get there.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Aren't all the campaigns broken in Stable too, due to the AI taxiing into everything?

Dont know, but if so, that is obviously a problem. And it probably is a least partially because stable is not stable enough that people use beta as their normal game and thus expect everything to work in beta and (understandably) get upset when something doesnt. The problem is not that stuff is broken in the beta, its that we all use (or need to use) beta, rather than just test beta.

I may get flack for saying this, but maybe ED should limit open beta access or functionality or in some other way discourage people from using it as their default install. 1 hour limit or whatever. Im fairly sure right now there are many more online players playing open beta than stable. If they can revert that back to normal, then they are free to break stuff in the beta without having to worry about backlash, and beta tests can become actual beta tests while we game on a stable release..

Anyone facing issue related to damage model? One F16 eat 4 of my AIM120c's and still not dead

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=277554

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

...and it's getting hot around here, hot fixes for hot fixes. From all the humor surrounding this, it seems we have moved from the "I'm hurt and angry" stage to the "lets go to counseling and learn to communicate" stage and moved quickly to "this is actually comical in a messed up way" stage. Unfortunately, standing behind curtain #2 is the "Can I have my records back? I don't care anymore. I've moved on" stage.

BTW whatever happened to Kate???

Edited by unltd

Ryzen 5950x PBO | MSI RTX 3090 | 32gb 3600 RAM | 2 x SSD | Quest 3 | TM Warthog

Its open beta.

Even NineLine and ED say that this patch was a disaster.