DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

While it is broken, I still had fun flying the F/A-18 from the Super carrier and trained using the AGM-84E.

I did not know the radar was broken before reading the forums after the mission - so to call it unplayable is not true.

Helicopters and WW2 warbirds also works.

..Just to be fair...

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• ED Team
Its not so much the development cycle its that the latest stable update might be STABLE (In that it doesn't CRASH) but it has introduced critical problems that make it essentially unplayable for Single-Player users (Who presumably are a a large majority of stable users) forcing a roll back to a legacy version...SP users are going to be flying Missions, flying Campaigns...by definition they're not going to be spamming AMRAAMS in Airquake - so if their content doesn't work, if AI doesn't work, if Ground Units don't work - what do you expect them to do?

The latest Stable release is essentially a pretty buggy OB release (without the benefit of any potential fixes short/medium term)

If you're only going to update Stable every 6 months...SURELY there's an expectation you'll use those 183 days to ensure when you do release it - it WORKS...

Stable update is not usually so long, and hopefully wont be now.

The last 5 month wait was due to issues in open beta, it wasn't planned that way.

Like I have said when I have a date for a stable patch I will let you know.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Good to hear you managed to enjoy it last night.

I'm getting in several hours a day since the day job got the pause button with covid. Flying around in that beautiful a10c is about the only thing keeping me sane.. spending 15 mins in an orbit lining up ducks then pew pew pew BRRRTTTT makes all the stresses melt away for a few blissful hours. You're doing good work, and its appreciated :joystick:

Stable should really be only those modules out of early access. If you want early access modules, you play the Open Beta.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Stable update is not usually so long, and hopefully wont be now.

The last 5 month wait was due to issues in open beta, it wasn't planned that way

I'm going to say (in a non-patronising way) poor old Big Newy you've got a pretty thankless task and I do appreciate you're merely communicating stuff you don't have control over...

You do your best in what you say within the limitations of the mesages you're tasked to communicate...

BUT surely you realise that the best answer to "we waited nearly 6 months for a Stable update and when it arrives it didn't work" is "in future Stable updates will work" rather than "Don't worry next time it'll be far less than 5 months for an update that may/may not work"

Its a QUALITY issue far more than a CHRONOLOGY one...

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team
I'm going to say (in a non-patronising way) poor old Big Newy you've got a pretty thankless task and I do appreciate you're merely communicating stuff you don't have control over...

You do your best in what you say within the limitations of the mesages you're tasked to communicate...

BUT surely you realise that the best answer to "we waited nearly 6 months for a Stable update and when it arrives it didn't work" is "in future Stable updates will work" rather than "Don't worry next time it'll be far less than 5 months for an update that may/may not work"

Its a QUALITY issue far more than a CHRONOLOGY one...

If I could predict the future I would, sadly I can not. For now we will try to do the best we can, and then I don't have to make a promise that I may not be able to keep.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Just a progress update,

ED team are currently testing fixes for today's hotfix.

thank you for your patience

• ED Team
Thanks BN. It will address even lower performance issues in VR in comparision with SC stable?

Performance issues in VR are known and reported as you are aware, it is a constant battle at the moment, I am hoping to see improvement soon, but I dont have any news at the moment.

thanks

Just a progress update,

ED team are currently testing fixes for today's hotfix.

Don't listen to the negativity, we all should realize that coding so complex piece of software is not easy, there will be mistakes and things unseen. When I've choose to install open beta, I've accepted that fact, and am aware of it and accept all flaws. I see that you are doing your best to upgrade and fix. Don't have a problem to wait a few days for a fix, my life does not revolve around pc game/sim.

• ED Team
Don't listen to the negativity, we all should realize that coding so complex piece of software is not easy, there will be mistakes and things unseen. When I've choose to install open beta, I've accepted that fact, and am aware of it and accept all flaws. I see that you are doing your best to upgrade and fix. Don't have a problem to wait a few days for a fix, my life does not revolve around pc game/sim.

It is important to listen especially when things go wrong, but thank you for your support. :thumbup:

It is important to listen especially when things go wrong, but thank you for your support. :thumbup:

I dont envy the job you do on here BN, the devs like to keep you busy dont they ;) Thanks for your time and keeping things going.

:thumbup:

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Bignewy,

you have great patience and diplomacy!

As many people (with a positive attitude) said, DCS is evolving and sometimes it has some hiccups, but it is still a blast to play and there are plenty of great modules! And lets not forget that the core thing, DCS, IS free...

I have been playing sims for 25 years now and I would never have thought that one day we could get where we are now!!!!

And it gets better and better every year.

Keep up the great work and thanks so much for keeping us informed all the time (despite the negativity...)

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Isn't the key issue with current OB version being essentially unplayable...that the last stable release (DCS 2.5.6.49798 ) essentially unplayable too (at least for Single Player users - the overwhelming majority of users)

It is possible to go back and find a version of stable that works (I've rolled back to DCS 2.5.5.41371) and presumably OB users can find a point to roll back where there is a "sweet spot" of maximum functionality and minimum game-breaking bugs

BUT a) that option isn't available to Steam Users and b) is it REALLY acceptable that to obtain a normal gameplay experience on a suite of software that typically costs hundreds of dollars in total (for most users) you've got to wade through multiple old releases to find an (obselete) version you're happy with?

Since we all know you're a STABLE ONLY player, not sure how you can say the OB is currently unplayable. Even if you are only asking, given the past posts we know where this is going, again and again. It is currently not possible to do A2A in the Hornet outside of ACM, and AI is invincible, and other smaller issues, that doesn't make the sim unplayable. VCAW-1 flew last night with almost no issues other than the CASE 3 radio on the SC being borked. Of course, we just used normal comms. Adapt and overcome kinda stuff.

@BN thanks for the update on the hotfix.

@BN, were there visual range enhancements in yesterdays patch? I didn't notice any when I looked through the patch notes. We noticed last night we were able to see a hella long way out. We were seeing jets about 35 miles out (non-con), could spot the carrier at about 40 miles @25K. Just wondering.

• ED Team
@BN, were there visual range enhancements in yesterdays patch? I didn't notice any when I looked through the patch notes. We noticed last night we were able to see a hella long way out. We were seeing jets about 35 miles out (non-con), could spot the carrier at about 40 miles @25K. Just wondering.

We have a red light issue on some LODs on hornets it is reported, hence why you may be seeing aircraft at longer ranges.

thanks

Don't listen to the negativity.

When they stop listening, we have a problem.

We are all passionate people and negativity on this forum is a by product of frustration that arises when things go wrong, which they do and they always will.

What's important is that those issues get fixed in a timely manner, and that overall there is long-term progress,which there is.

We'll deal with issues that arise. We can't see the HUD, or one module's radar is broken? No problem, we report it, and meanwhile I'll just dust off my Pro Flight Trainer Puma and fly helicopters. I'm having a blast! :-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I dont envy the job you do on here BN, the devs like to keep you busy dont they ;) Thanks for your time and keeping things going.

:thumbup:

+1 on that....public relations...aiyahhh....you couldn't pay me enough to do that!!!

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

• ED Team

Patch notes ready

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.6.50793/

update to follow shortly

thank you

• ED Team

Open beta hot fix now live.