DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

After a month of bugfixing I count 119 lines fixed bugs in DCS World and ED modules. Nick wrote about 3000 tracked bugs.

Surely the patch notes don't mention all the bugs that got fixed?

To be fair, it's very common for DCS patch notes to not contain all the changes, only the more visibile ones (which, yes, is silly, but that's a whole other conversation).

We made it very clear this month was focused on bug fixing, this also includes bug fixes on the viper.

Sorry if the speed of development isn't as you hoped, early access is a long process, it will take time and can not be rushed, we have also had the covid situation and the team are working from home still, but in no way is it deserted, in fact far from it, we have taken on some new team members recently, and they will need to get up to speed on the project.

Thanks

OK do`nt forget F-15 nose wheel shimmy after NWS disengage. Pls. & external pisition/nav lights. Night HUD, RDR, RWR, brightness, ability. Pls

Impressive patch notes list! Thank you!

I have a question though about the Historical mode: is that system smart enough to disable things like Datalink for the Hornet when you set the date to for example 1986, or will it only disable AIM120s and such?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

My update don't work why? can download new patch.

Keep an eye on this page: https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

If the DCS version listed there is not the same as the one mentioned in the patch notes, it means the patch is not live yet and cannot be downloaded - yet. It will be updated to the correct up-to-date version listed in the patch notes as soon as it's available for download.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Good job on ED for knocking off another bunch of issues.

A couple of questions

- assuming that some of the fixes weren’t documented, roughly how many are left?

- is the plan to spend another couple of months to knock off another bunch?

Btw, I know that we have the “entitled”, still moaning, but I’m all for cleaning up the current state of play, even if it slows the implementation of new functionality.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• ED Team
After a month of bugfixing I count 119 lines fixed bugs in DCS World and ED modules. Nick wrote about 3000 tracked bugs.

Surely the patch notes don't mention all the bugs that got fixed?

Found an answer on reddit:

500+ bugs fixed according to NineLine.

We are tracking a lot of bugs, not all of them were fixed this time, the patch notes list the main ones that have been fixed.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Aw Jeez, look at the size of those release notes. Am I supposed to read them all? By myself? Stupid ED giving me all this work.

( Good work guys, looks like a great release :) )

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

So been in DCS for about 4 min....

Definitely improved load times. Flawless response thus far... I would say there was an improvement.

One thing I'm not seeing is the "Unity Type In Zone" trigger... did that not make it in? #cry #sadpanda

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

... Definitely improved load times. Flawless response thus far... I would say there was an improvement.

The Mission Editor in particular, is now much more smoother, none of the annoying pauses that it used to have on the past few releases. :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The Mission Editor in particular, is now much more smoother, none of the annoying pauses that it used to have on the past few releases. :thumbup:

Definitely!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Question: With the new way the updater is am I supposed to keep the files or delete them? Strange it has no instructions as what they are or what it is asking for. So for me it was when in doubt keep.
I have copied the _download folder and saved somewhere in case something go amiss later.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Well, F-18 on Cold Start Stennis, shadows in flat: 150fps

Cold Start on Supercarrier: 45fps.

Next time maybe...

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

I'm so happy so far!

All lighting issues fixed in ED cockpits - Hornet, Viper, F-5E, Spitfire, etc. They now look beautiful.

That alone is fantastic. Now to look into other stuff.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I am confused about what ED is speaking of for items #3, and 8. I am assuming that #3 is in relation to the Oil cooler shutter, as this switch I need to cycle to the open then close in order to close the shutter. As for item #8 I am unware of what they are talking about. This "radiator" for the oil cooler, or the Inter cooler. Or maybe this has something to do with the cylinder head temps. I am unaware of any thermostat that they speak of for this aircraft as everything is done manuall.

Also what is MOI?

Thanks Jesse.

DCS P-47D by ED

1. Added more oxygen containers.

2. Parking brake handle update.

3. Forced end switches on rad flaps on initialization.

4. Switch on position lights by default.

5. Matched descriptor to model.

6. Added spin tweak.

7. Guns pos corrected.

8. Cooling: radiator's thermostat.

9. FM adjusted for stall and spin with proper MOIs. Prop is tuned to increased power.

10. Engine tweak.

11. Prop AD data tuned for 2000/30".

12. Canopy gap fix, attitude indicator wings illuminated fix.