DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I'm getting some kind of warning message about finding unknown files in my DCS download folder. What's this about?

Delete everything from the '_downloads' folder then restart patch

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Steam Version?

Steam DCS Open Beta was updated to 2.5.6.52196 within hours of Standalone.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Is anyone else having an issue where the Comms Menu keeps popping up in the upper right hand corner(as usual) on its own and then disappears over and over again? It did not happen an hour ago before I updated and it's driving me nuts. I have checked my HOTAS, key bindings, everything. Nothing on my end has changed to cause this issue. I don't even use the Comms menu as I have Vaicom/VoiceAttack. Help!

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

Is anyone else having an issue where the Comms Menu keeps popping up in the upper right hand corner(as usual) on its own and then disappears over and over again? It did not happen an hour ago before I updated and it's driving me nuts. I have checked my HOTAS, key bindings, everything. Nothing on my end has changed to cause this issue. I don't even use the Comms menu as I have Vaicom/VoiceAttack. Help!

It's a common issue with Voice Attack after a Patch, restart both Voice Attack, then DCS, and it should resolve itself.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Editor History Mode .... :holiday::cheer3nc:

I'm getting some kind of warning message about finding unknown files in my DCS download folder. What's this about?

Probably part of the new measure to avoid deleting the other files a user might have in there such as the entire drive when the temporary downloader folder is manually set to the root of the drive by a user.

I don't have DCS installed currently, so I'm not sure what the full extent of the fix is, perhaps the actual folder is encapsulated in the selected folder so that "_downloads" perhaps gets automatically created ontop of the downloader's config now, so that if a drive root is selected the files would still be in a folder other than root, like "E:\_downloads". If it doesn't work like this then this is my suggestion.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Yes, it´s a common problem after a DCS update.

You have to delete the export.lua file in the following folder:

user\savedgames\dcs\scripts

It ist NOT the folder, where your dcs is installed, but your user folder (normally at the c:\ drive)

After deleting, the file will be created again when running DCS and VA and then it should work.

If that doesn´t help, look at your vaicom-settings and check, if the assignment of your dcs-folder is correct, sometimes this also gets lost.

Edited by MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

screw.jpg

authorization failed :huh::huh::huh: ?

does anyone know what to do ?

every single module , except P47 and Nevada are gone ...

Edited by eldiablo155

61st Sq 'Griffins'- Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

authorization failed :huh::huh::huh: ?

does anyone know what to do ?

every single module , except P47 and Nevada are gone ...

Your copy of the game needs to contact ED's servers on every startup, to gather your licensing information .. check your internet connection and try to start DCS again.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This has been around in some way since February, literally when 2.5.6 dropped. I get good rates since 49314, but only when not moving my head. If I do so, it drops at least by 1/3, mostly 1/2 and sometimes even like 2/3. Don't even have to turn around, translating / leaning suffices to get the fps crash. And that went into Stable...

In my case I haven't problems until yesterday (after the improvement of the v2.5.6 months ago, when it goes to the stable too). I was on the OB early afternoon without problem. After the new OB release, I am having all kind of problems with the stuttering images.

I have found that it has nothing to do with the FPS rate at any given moment, because I have stutters even in the ME or in the menu, where I have 60-90 FPS. As soon as I turn my head, the stutter begings. :cry:

Yes, it´s a common problem after a DCS update.

You have to delete the export.lua file in the following folder:

user\savedgames\dcs\scripts

It ist NOT the folder, where your dcs is installed, but your user folder (normally at the c:\ drive)

After deleting, the file will be created again when running DCS and VA and then it should work.

If that doesn´t help, look at your vaicom-settings and check, if the assignment of your dcs-folder is correct, sometimes this also gets lost.

Awesome that worked. Thank you, sir!

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

It's a common issue with Voice Attack after a Patch, restart both Voice Attack, then DCS, and it should resolve itself.

I did what both you and MadMonty said and everything is good now. That was maddening!

My fps in Vr has dropped from steady 45 to steady 30 after update. Specifically ran a test before update using free flight F16 so it could easily be compared.

I do not notice any compensating improvements.

I see the equalization over cores shown now but utilization as reported by tm seems same as when core 0 taking all the strain prior to patch.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

Haven´t tested much, but the new hornet MFDs and cockpit upgrades look great, now you are able to read them with the sun at your back:thumbup:

Looks OK in 2D, not in VR, not enough contrast.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

My fps in Vr has dropped from steady 45 to steady 30 after update. Specifically ran a test before update using free flight F16 so it could easily be compared.

I do not notice any compensating improvements.

I see the equalization over cores shown now but utilization as reported by tm seems same as when core 0 taking all the strain prior to patch.

Me too. I have even worse performance in comparison with previous version. In VR.

edit:

I deleted all shaders once more, and let them build up using the NVIDIA studio drivers now.

Then I hoped into the F-18, and the performance was back like it was in the previous update.

Not too bad, but could be better.

Edited by TOViper
wrong information given

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

My performance sightings are a bit mixed. Yesterday I flew the instant Hornet bombing mission in the PG and it never was below 45fps even once even when going to Abu Dhabi / Al Dhafra, sometimes over the deserts off to the west it even went up to 90, probably because that's mostly unpopulated area though. Main gripe though was that because of the super fog which still is present in VR (since the Channel / Jug update), I literally can't see shit. Had a bloody hard time to even see the smoke plumes, never really could see any of the targets at all. Also, I couldn't set the distance on my ground mapping radar which was weird. The arrow weren't even there, sometimes the range changed by itself for reasons unknown. Had no control over it.

Today I retried the same with my Quest via VD, so basically a compressed image, but on a higher res. I finally could see things, even from 1-2nm away I was able to make out the targets and do successful bomb runs on them rather easily - even though the haze still is massive there (no difference to the CV1) - but well, I hardly ever saw more than 30fps, except for when the briefing screen was shown at the beginning where I had 55-60fps. But at least I could work the AG radar and see some slight spots where the targets are located at.

After that I took the vs. MiG-29 BFM - never was able to get on his six and eventually he splashed me, but as opposed to flying in the Rift, where I'd always be tumbleweed, blind, no joy, I could keep track of him visually, which was a nice moment for me, as I even had massive problems with that in pancake mode previously. Now I only can begin to imagine how well this might work out on a Reverb...

Now I'm just having fun with the Mi-8... need to do some training for the upcoming Mi-24 somehow icon_exclaim.gif

Too bad the cockpit still is extremely dark, unlike as seen on Wags' video where he flew over Damascus. But well, he might have had some changes in there already that weren't ready for this week's patch yet. I can just read the dials when there's direct sunlight to them. And turning up the flood lights doesn't seem to work at the moment as stated earlier.

Not exactly happy with the performance yet as I've been at 40+ in the Quest over Senaki at some point in the 2.5.6 history with higher settings than I run now, as opposed to the around 30ish I now seemingly get in the Rift even. Just don't get why it was so much better yesterday. It's weird sometimes... I'll have to do some more Rift/Quest comparisons here though to get a final word on this. Might be just the higher res hitting hard on my rather old rig.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Main gripe though was that because of the super fog which still is present in VR (since the Channel / Jug update), I literally can't see shit.

I wondered what was going on and why I cant see anything but white from about 10 miles out.

Is this a confirmed bug ED have acknowledged and are working to resolve do you know?

I guess now that because fixes and patches are being rolled out much less frequently, it could be a while before this is fixed?

Shame, because its a real problem.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

@c0ff and Rudel_chw

I perhaps find a way , I deleted the whole MODS folder down the main DCS folder , and I'm downloading everithing one more time :joystick: ... It'll take a while ... but seems it works

tkx for your help and your time guys

61st Sq 'Griffins'- Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region