DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

If I'm not wrong (again) the target in the video is ZSU-57 self propelled AAA. I'm more exited about this than the MAV :lol:

Yeah it was, I'm definitely interested! Hopefully we'll hear more information about how it is going to be implemented.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

But we don't have zsu-57 in dcs now???

No, it was only teased in the

I'm a stable player, so I probably won't see it for a while...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yes - it is shown as that date on the official post.

They must have hit issues in testing

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Wanted to post this way earlier and still had it in the pipeline, so why now do it anyway? Reactions to more recent stuff appending.

Good nights rest - Check

Say goodbye to wife and daughter - Check

Locked the door - Check

Coffee - Check

Lunchbox filled - Check

Sleeping bag - Check

More coffee - Check

*stretches fingers*

F5 button, here I come!

All that at 8 in the morning luna-trcv.png

rd-luna4.png

Well, tried a flight in the new map, no surprises, the same washed colors and gamma problem in VR. Thank God we have the awesome work of Mustang and his shaders mod to help.

Thanks for trying that out. I went right with the mod. As long as it works, we can at least get around it.

Shame to fly over it at 20,000+l this is a helo/CA playground!

*cries in VR* icon_cry.gif

Super carrier figures only render in one eye in VR and the encyclopedia - fixed.

Finally! pinkiepieexcited.png

Su-25T Cockpit. Added scratch texture on the canopy.

MiG-29 Cockpit. Added scratch texture on the canopy.

Su-25 Cockpit. Added scratch texture on the canopy.

A-10A Cockpit. Added scratch texture on the canopy.

Ah, I see, cat orgies eeyup.png

TGP Litening: ...

HUD CCRP indication doesn't sync with on TGP selected target - Fixed

TGP Slew changes Waypoint locations IN HSD - Fixed

That was about time, those were of the most important fixes to the Viper ever icon_exclaim.gif

Added Doppler Beam Sharpened (DBS) EXP -1/2/3 modes

AG radar. EXP render issues - Fixed

Great addition, and I'm having fun with it, even though it's still hard to be good at dealwithit.png

Cylinder temperature fixed

Aftercooler update.

Oil system update

fixed missing FFB shake

Finally, been waiting for those for a while pinkie-approved.png

Can't say this often enough: Even though I haven't spent time on that module yet except for watching it in videos, I am impressed by the output of those devs salute.png

I guess their Mirage F1 will end up being an awesome module once we'll have it icon_razz.gif

R-27 missiles family. Reduced the value of the induced drag, increased lift. Lift to drag ratio now is more accurate and provides better performance against maneuvering targets, compared to AIM-7 performance level.

R-77 missile. Reduced the value of the induced drag, reduced transonic zero-lift drag, increased the lift. Missile will better save energy, slightly increased range at low altitude.

MiG-25. When a plane loses a wing, missiles stay in the air - fixed.

Implementing compressibility for pitot tube for Mach > 1 and turning it on for all planes.

Tail wheel tuned for all taildraggers.

GDR (East Germany) added as a country.

Great to see the RU missiles being worked on as well, finally. People have been going mad over this and I was kinda tired of telling them they'd do the US ones first because of them being the flagship modules rdlaugh.png

Fun thing about the MiG-25 missile in air thing is that I just saw a picture of a Flanker with the exact same issue a few days before this patch went out, but IIRC that was the ECM pod instead of an R-73.

Nice to see the Mach transition on the gauges in more modules, small details like this make DCS actually feel like real twilightsmile.png

Guess I'll have to try what that tail wheel thing means pinkiepieexcited.png

And finally, we have the GDR for some cold war action in there as well icon_cool.gif

Same with the Huey

Actually that's been there like forever... icon_question.gif

It's time to expand the SSD, with 240GB I don't even have to start. I guess when installing a new SSD, I will have to reinstall everything, operating system and simulator, right?

My DCS doesn't even remotely fit on that as it's already 257GB... icon_redface.gif

And probably my advice comes too late already, but I'll drop it anyway. Use an image recovery tool (Acronis True Image, linux dd command or maybe even Windows can do that already, never used that) to clone your SSD over to a new, bigger one. That way you'll have everything up and running with more space to go with, without having to reinstall everything. And it probably takes like 20-30 minutes to do that. On top of that, you have a back up with the old drive, unless you clear it and use it for anything else. Other option would be to just add the new one as a second drive and simply move your DCS installation over there with Windows Explorer. It will keep running.

To be honest. I'm more interested in JDAM and JSOW for the F-16 just because, like with the Hornet, these weapons will provide better standoff range for the F-16 than the Maverick. Especially when you factor in the Viper's ability to accelerate better than the Hornet.

You just made me want those JSOW B again fsgrin.png

But we don't have zsu-57 in dcs now???

Actually I was under the impression as well as it's such a standard asset, but well. I was wrong. How could DCS even exist without that thing for so long? rdlaugh.png

Yes - it is shown as that date on the official post.

They must have hit issues in testing

Was eager to get the update tomorrow, but well. Things happen. Might increase the chance though to get the A-10C II next week as well twi-notbad.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

^

where is this change log?

It's all in reference to last month's update (26th Aug) as far as I can tell: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.6.54046/

There's no changelog for next week's patch as far as I'm aware.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

DCS F-16 Viper by ED

• Added AGM-65D/G/H/K.
  • W.I.P (Add to the next OB):
    • BSGT option.
    • Uncage.
    • LOS with successful handoff on HUD.
    • It is possible to lock on with two missiles prior to launching the first missile.
    • TMS-right re-command handoff.
    • ASL on HUD for BORE mode.

[*]Added AGM-88C (HAS Mode).

[*]Optimize F-16 livery files - fixed.

[*]SYM Rocker No Longer Working - fixed.

[*]Some liveries lack textures - fixed.

[*]Scan Broke for Boresight & Vertical Scan - fixed.

[*]Radar: Loss of track from SAM to TWS - fixed.

[*]Helmet mounted device change:

• Added option in the ME aircraft property tab
    • Added ground crew comm

[*]G Tolerance - Open Beta vs Dev Trunk - fixed.

[*]Litening Phase II: Current coordinate display is not looks like in design doc and original source - fixed.

[*]F-16CM TGP Will Not Power On After Takeoff - fixed.

[*]Updated F-16 Guide with newly added features as required. Changes are noted on the Latest Changes page.

[*]HMD Boresight ellipse displayed all time - fixed.

Interesting. Did they finally fixed G-lock?

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Today we release the Open Beta with several high priority issues for the Hornet AIM-9 family which were discovered yesterday.

I'm curious what is the issue ? So we dont need to report it (again).

It was at the end of the notes. Seems the Tone is gone and the AIM-9X radar lock is jittery.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Hopefully a hotfix will come soon for them.

I also wonder about the stable version, this patch looked to be mostly fixes as well as some new goodies for the F-16 and F/A-18, so hopefully a new stable build won't be far off, so long as this new patch is a good one.

System:

However, I decided to release this OB because it delivers significant changes made by our partners to the aircraft that are very important for you and we prepared new features for Hornet and Viper.

The issues will be fixed and updated during the coming week.

I fully agree with this decision. A few days of patience to solve the AIM-9L / X issues is more than reasonable, considering the large amount of updates and improvements that there are with this OB.

Thanks so much.

I fully agree with this decision. A few days of patience to solve the AIM-9L / X issues is more than reasonable, considering the large amount of updates and improvements that there are with this OB.

Thanks so much.

Agreed. Yeah well done Kate and team, liking the pragmatism here