DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

• ED Team
Has anyone else got DCS broken with latest OB update? I cant update, its written that sometnhing is messed up with my old A-10C module. And DCS crashes....Need to reinstall now. :(

Try a repair, otherwise, open a thread in the appropriate section and include all your logs and such, make sure you are not running any mods as well. Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I lost the ability to hold a steady lateral stick position. Axis Tune shows it holding steady, but in cockpit it will "teleport" to center if I stop changing lateral stick: i.e. try to hold a constant roll input. Pitch and yaw work fine.

Check if you have the pitch and roll axis double assigned to another device...

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

aw man for a second i hoped that 'the netcode' (whatever that may mean) had been improved :(

Well, there's only one way to improve it. Throw it away and write a completely new one.

I still dont get why this happens:

I join an empty server that runs TTI Caucasus, I get 11-15 fps in VR, 20 in pancake. If I go ahead and run that very same mission locally, I get 45 in VR and 130 in pancake. It's just utterly ridiculous. MP is literally unplayable for me because of that. I mean, wouldn't the real difference be that when hosting locally, my very own rig would have to calculate all those AI units while in MP that would be offloaded to the server? Clearly not the case when looking at how well or rather not so well it performs...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Check if you have the pitch and roll axis double assigned to another device...

I hadn't thought of that. I had done a repair only to find that the Tomcat worked fine but the Viper, Hornet, Eagle, and Harrier were all borked, and this could explain why. Is that a common issue with patches?

Edit: Sure enough, The Tomcat was not double mapped, everything else was double or triple mapped. Thanks a million Hiob!

Edited by Spurts

I hadn't thought of that. I had done a repair only to find that the Tomcat worked fine but the Viper, Hornet, Eagle, and Harrier were all borked, and this could explain why. Is that a common issue with patches?

Edit: Sure enough, The Tomcat was not double mapped, everything else was double or triple mapped. Thanks a million Hiob!

It happens every now and then

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Another thing I noticed changed either this patch or the previous one is that the clouds are different. No longer spinning cotton balls popping into existence at different distances in my left and right eye. Good job ED!

Noticed FPS was a little higher and wondered why. Then I saw the clouds looked different so maybe that had something to do with it.

Well, there's only one way to improve it. Throw it away and write a completely new one.

I join an empty server that runs TTI Caucasus, I get 11-15 fps in VR, 20 in pancake. If I go ahead and run that very same mission locally, I get 45 in VR and 130 in pancake. It's just utterly ridiculous. MP is literally unplayable for me because of that. I mean, wouldn't the real difference be that when hosting locally, my very own rig would have to calculate all those AI units while in MP that would be offloaded to the server? Clearly not the case when looking at how well or rather not so well it performs...

Depends on the netcode. While your CPU is offloaded, you are at the mercy of the server's CPU if the client is waiting on sync events before displaying frames. May not happen for certain frames or any depending on the netcode. For games that don't sync, you'll see a lot of "rubber banding", as the client continues to propagate AI down the vector they were on, then they snap over to where they are supposed to be when the info is received from the server. I've never witnessed too much rubber banding per say in DCS, more of a stutter, noticeable when trying to AAR in MP, which would lead me to lean towards a more synchronous netcode.

• ED Team

Something is clearly wrong here. Will take a look.

AFAIK, VR systems adjust FPS by steps, so if a game does not meet the 45 fps even if just barely, VR will go to 30 fps, not 44.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

AFAIK, VR systems adjust FPS by steps, so if a game does not meet the 45 fps even if just barely, VR will go to 30 fps, not 44.

It depends on your settings.

It is "universally" accepted (and by that I mean as much as that can happen on the internet... so like 50.1%) that enabling the settings to make VR Systems adjust framerate like you say is the best approach... but you can set it so it just runs at the framerate you can get. There are significant drawbacks to this visually as you might imagine...

Also, yes... There is something wrong. I see "significant" drops in performance in MP. Don't even play it anymore unfortunately as it's my preferred way to play... but so is VR. So I play SP.

As an example....

I raced the Edge540 and TF-51 in the recent VARS race series...

One of the tracks was at AbuDahbi. Offline I get all the FPS, well over 45 but of course limited to 45. On the server, even with just me during practice or qualifying (and there aren't very many placed objects/units in the mission, but there is some lua code) I get 45 only if I crank all options down. Primarily view distance. I know that probably seems odd but in the same area of the map in SP, even with a significantly more complex mission... 45FPS.

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Something is clearly wrong here. Will take a look.

Thank you. I'm aware of the fps steps... numbers I usually see are 45, 30, 22, 15, egardless of ASW on or off. Switching off won't work most times anyway, still have to find out what does the trick. I usually leave it on anyway as it makes feel the low rates smoother, although that comes at the cost of ASW artifacts.

And at least I presume, having lots of units (especially active ones) just hits hard on my system since it's an old 3570k. I need to replace it, but that's still half a year before I can do that.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

32MB Ram? If not going to struggle on busy MP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

• ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Another thing I noticed changed either this patch or the previous one is that the clouds are different. No longer spinning cotton balls popping into existence at different distances in my left and right eye. Good job ED!

Are the clouds not spinning in VR anymore?

They stop spinning for me after I've had enough drinks, but then everything else starts spinning.

Oh the choices I have to make!

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

They stop spinning for me after I've had enough drinks, but then everything else starts spinning.

Oh the choices I have to make!

That just means youve synchronized yourself with the clouds

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

One thing I'm also wondering about is the stable build, hopefully one can't be too far away, unless there's some showstopper bugs in the latest build

Stable Version

Next update: Planned 09/10/2020

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria