DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Yeah, developers are on it these last 2 patches, let's hope all is well.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I have just loaded the take-off mission in it

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Excited about the new kneeboard. Its now can be dragged and resized. Since I'm using 2 mini LCDs attached on cougar MFD it was way off. I wish it could be placed permanently and didnt need to drag everytime reloaded the cockpit for new mission.

Thanks ED.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

always reading the patch notes with that "will there be anything regarding VR performance?" anticipation - and there never is. My ears still ring with the "massive performance boost ahead" announced some time (no, a long time) ago.

Is there no work going on any more for VR?

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

You're not there, but I do think they keep working on it somehow, trying to Gordian knot. Well, for this particular update, I expected the stutter issues which arised 2 updates prior to that to be addressed finally, but they aren't yet. It always feels like a tightrope dance, balancing between overall higher framerate and visual quality on the one side and the stutters on the other. Or rather a triangle on a pole with the weights at its tips that don't stay constant, since it's three factors. Though I think the main workload goes into the new engine that's been mentioned multiple times already. As a side note, I did try options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true in autoexec.cfg for the first time two updates ago, because I just was curious about the glitches and if there was a performance gain already since it's still WIP. Well, I've yet to see artifacts there, but I have the impression the frame rates top out higher, nevertheless when something makes them drop, like AI units, being on an MP server or just sitting alone at Senaki, it still drops exactly as much as without that thing on. So I still to take it as WIP until it's officially a done thing and will switch it off as soon as I get graphical glitches that might be caused by it. My 2¢ from that try though is: They are working on it. And they are rather hesitant to tell us "performance has been improved" as there's always quite a bunch of people that will get other results at the same time.

As for the things actually on the notes, I'm quite pleased with the 14A so far. Just had to rename the folders in my Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input folder to have them without the B in them not to have to rebind everything. The sounds are a big step forward and I noticed how the engines struggled pushing the thing through transsonic, but as soon as that extra drag vanished, the thing went on getting faster. I didn't get the mentioned JOKER and BINGO callouts though. I was kinda relying on them, but a quick glance at the gauge (with virtual tapping ofc) revealed my fuel state was way below the bingo already. And that's always the most interesting thing about patch notes - discovering the things mentioned there actually not being in the thing. Haven't tried anything else yet.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Is there any documentation regarding the new Kneeboard use? how to add bookmarks, and where are the nav buttons??

Upgrade cockpit kneeboard. Mouse drag and resize. Added clickable buttons for navigation and making bookmarks. Each new bookmark - new color. Route UI buttons callbacks to track.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Is there any documentation regarding the new Kneeboard use? how to add bookmarks, and where are the nav buttons??

There are some issues with some multi monitor setups (check adequate subforum). But if you have working KB in lower left corner of KB you have arrows to navigate and "pin" button to add bookmark. Bookmarks apear in upper left corner as color bands.

https://i.imgur.com/Uagdgje.png

Heard it in a video now... but there might be an issue with the thing. I turned the bingo down to 2400. Maybe changing the value kills the callout.

I have just changed the values of the Bingo call up and down in both the A and the B and got Joker calls each time

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

sigh ... now the F14A shows up on RWR as "U" . Same as it's missiles (well at least the missile is showing up AT ALL , finally) , and same as some ground radars. Great.

Anyone have any idea when this will be fixed ?

They probably haven't updated the database, it should be a pretty easy fix.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I've just downloaded an update for the Open Beta - 2.5.6.58125

Anyone know what this is for or seen a changelog?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Yeah, I'm seeing one too, here's the changelog

System:

Yeah, I'm seeing one too, here's the changelog

Ahhh, thanks buddy.

Still no fix for the AIM-9X HMCS issue yet though :(

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Ahhh, thanks buddy.

Still no fix for the AIM-9X HMCS issue yet though :(

Yeah that's a shame, it's probably fairly high up on the bugs to squash. Though bear in mind, that might not be the full list and sometimes things slip through. I'll go and test it (unless someone beats me to it).

I've also noticed that Heatblur has renamed their F-14A to the F-14A-135-GR, before it was just F-14A which is a duplicate - probably confusing for non-module owners, to that point I wish that more assets in DCS would have their full variant and maybe name instead of the basic designation - it would help when determining precisely what variant/block we have among other things.

EDIT: Nope AIM-9X still stuck on the horizon

System:

• ED Team
I still have the kneeboard issue with 4K screen and UI Scale above 1.3

We should have a fix for 4k kneeboard issues in the next patch.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
EDIT: Nope AIM-9X still stuck on the horizon

I tested a fix today for this, so hopeful for the next open beta patch.

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I tested a fix today for this, so hopeful for the next open beta patch.

Awesome news! :thumbup:

• Like 1

System: