DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

On 3/24/2021 at 4:16 PM, speed-of-heat said:

subject to change.... why does nobody remember to read that part 🙂

So they can cry when it does fsgrin.png

I wish it was still saying March 31st, but well. I mean, that could have been a great and cloudy extra long weekend. Not having much time for DCS lately and that would have been just perfect, but I reckon I won't live to see such a release shortly prior to some holidays ever (as this isn't the first time this happens) rdlaugh.png

But when it needs more time, let it have that so we can actually enjoy it once it drops. I'll just do something else then (I still have a ton of great VR games to play...), or simply fly with the current version anyway. So it's not really an issue mlp-lfun.png

EDIT:

2 hours ago, OhioDabbio said:

ahhh yes, more time for the April Fools Update, eh? lol 

I just hope they'll announce the thing from my sig this year, finally... awesome.png

BTW, just noticed I uploaded the older version of it after the forum software change. The newer one had the HB logo instead of the LNS logo. I should fix that... aj-hat.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Besides the new clouds, which look pretty awesome, and new features to the beloved Hornet what else will be introduced with 2.7? Will the Marianas map be introduced? I know there has been a tremendous amount of work done over the years for this series, but I am trying to grasp the significance in the jump of the version numbers. We have been holding at 2.5 since mid 2018 and there as been great progress since then. Does 2.7 hold a lot under the hood that we wont see such as a rewrite to the base code? Will there be significant improvements to those using VR? DCS in VR is a huge game changer for me. 

Edited by Raven68
  • Like 3

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

10 hours ago, Raven68 said:

Besides the new clouds, which look pretty awesome, and new features to the beloved Hornet what else will be introduced with 2.7?

There's lots coming and expect the mother of all changelogs when it does.

This newsletter gives us quite a lot of stuff.

Will the Marianas map be introduced?

No, that's planned to be released later in Q2. 

I know there has been a tremendous amount of work done over the years for this series, but I am trying to grasp the significance in the jump of the version numbers. We have been holding at 2.5 since mid 2018 and there as been great progress since then. Does 2.7 hold a lot under the hood that we wont see such as a rewrite to the base code? Will there be significant improvements to those using VR? DCS in VR is a huge game changer for me. 

Unfortunately I can't comment on that, I think we'll have to wait for the April 3rd/10th newsletter and the changelog itself.

I don't think we can speculate much until we see it released into the OB.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

23 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-watermanpc said:

So, no Marianas, no Cyprus, no new flir simulation, no clouds interacting with sensors/AI, and 3 patch delays so far. Amazing stuff!! keep it up!!🙃

Marianas map was "planned" to Q2 or more
Ugra Media has not get any release date about Syria Expansion.
FLIR has on test and was planned to Q3 or more
cludos interaction with sensors / AI has planned to later update of Weather system late 2021 or more.
Has better a patch delay a an "angry" comunity with pikes and torches about a "bad implement bugged" patch.

All Subject to change and no write in stone.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

I suggest a simple exercise to all those who are complaining about the patch being delayed: roll back to when 2.5.5 with the new lighting was first released, and post here whether you enjoy major features being rushed through.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Marianas map was "planned" to Q2 or more
Ugra Media has not get any release date about Syria Expansion.
FLIR has on test and was planned to Q3 or more
cludos interaction with sensors / AI has planned to later update of Weather system late 2021 or more.
Has better a patch delay a an "angry" comunity with pikes and torches about a "bad implement bugged" patch.

All Subject to change and no write in stone.

EDs 2021 and beyond video is starting to look something more like 2022 and beyond.

Seriously, maybe it's time to stop developing those multiple new modules and focus on the core game.

Edited by Blinde
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Blinde said:

Seriously, maybe it's time to stop developing those multiple new modules and focus on the core game.

this forum really needs a thumbs down icon 🙄

• Like 9

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2.7 is like a "cloud" that we can not touch it no matter how much we want to 😄

Edited by ebabil
  • Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

4 hours ago, Blinde said:

EDs 2021 and beyond video is starting to look something more like 2022 and beyond.

ED and beyond videos has the "plans" to any years, and normally all content has been release on 50%+ later by ED.

ED can´t stop new modules or die / out of market. If you go to only core game, need fired two studies, old Belsimtek study and the Map studio team, with a great quantity of programer, texturizer, 3D modeler and enginiers and your Profesional / Military clients put demands by about missing support.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

Yep, that's really a slippery slope. I too fully agree the core game could use a TON of work. But the core game does not print any money itself, DCS: World is free, the modules built upon do print money. So both got to run parallel.

If folks really want to have some sped up core developments happen, they need to be funded to get some extra devs in for that. Either by a base subscription model for DCS: World plus paying for the modules or by some other means like dedicated "kickstarter style" funding for specific improvements or the like.

As long as DCS: World is free, it's got to share dev time with the modules. Easy fact.

(disclaimer: i do NOT advocate for a subscription model or anything, just stating facts)

It's a bit of a pointless discussion really, but although I agree with some of what you say, the core game does print money, as if it was stronger, more modules would be sold. 

But, we could just go round and round on that one!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The problem with a free base game and chargeable modules is that I can not pay for what I want. I do not really need further planes or maps, yet I buy them from to time just to support ED. But that's the wrong signal in some way, because now there will be more and more modules which may even take away some developer capacities.

What I really want is to directly invest in the developmet of new features like Vulcan, for example. I would spend 250 $ the second I knew there was something like a crowdfunding for such features.

I would be very willing to pay for additional features of existing modules, too. For example, I own the A-10c for over 10 years now and it is basically everything I need. I was so happy that we got the A-10c II upgrade, but felt "guilty" that the price was so low for existing owners. No wonder it took so long if there is no way to get revenue out of existing modules. And there are still many features left which I would love to pay for now, but I can't as there is no such option. So understandable the missing features are low priority in the development cycle. 

I wish this would change in the future. No fan of a subscription, but give those who are willing to spend some extra money more options. Win-Win for everyone.

Edited by Hive
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Hive said:

The problem with a free base game and chargeable modules is that I can not pay for what I want. I do not really need further planes or maps, yet I buy them from to time just to support ED. But that's the wrong signal in some way, because now there will be more and more modules which may even take away some developer capacities.

What I really want is to directly invest in the developmet of new features like Vulcan, for example. I would spend 250 $ the second I knew there was something like a crowdfunding for such features.

I would be very willing to pay for additional features of existing modules, too. For example, I own the A-10c for over 10 years now and it is basically everything I need. I was so happy that we got the A-10c II upgrade, but felt "guilty" that the price was so low for existing owners. No wonder it took so long if there is no way to get revenue out of existing modules. And there are still many features left which I would love to pay for now, but I can't as there is no such option. So understandable the missing features are low priority in the development cycle. 

I wish this would change in the future. No fan of a subscription, but give those who are willing to spend some extra money more options. Win-Win for everyone.

It's ED's business model right now and it seems to work well for them, but I get what you're saying. Who knows it could change some time down the road. Some companies have a maintenance agreement that allows them to gain access to software updates, although at a hefty price. On topic though I wonder how the testing is progressing. Are we on track for next Wednesday?

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Have you looked here in the last week or so?

Patch Status - DCS World 2.5 - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box