DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

1 minute ago, Tippis said:

Also, I wonder what the enum value for that option will be since this will break a number of more advanced Labels.lua files.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it's not too intrusive and renders at an appropriate distance.

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

7 minutes ago, Borderline said:

Ahahaha very funny 😭 Wags said that on his rig he had almost no fps decrease, but yeah, perf are supposed to decrease; I will be surprise if this is not the case

Probably be dependent on which cloud preset one uses.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Huh...

• Mission Editor (ME). Added quadrangular trigger zones.

and (as feature)

• Missions created in DCS 2.7 are incompatible with old DCS versions.

About to be expected, but well advised. I wonder how this will affect the mission I'm almost done developing that's extremely heavy on auto-generated zones. And I think this means I'll not open the mission in 2.7 ME until everyone has upgraded 🙂

(I'm wondering if 'created in DCS 2.7' only means that the mission was created from scratch, and 2.5 missions edited in 27 are still good, or (more likely) that any mission read and written back in 2.7 is not compatible with 2.5)

Edited by cfrag

• ED Team

patch notes on the main site will be live again soon, we have taken the forum one down as the site is under heavy load currently.

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, skins45 said:

Very unlikely.  How much delay there is, is also a crap shoot.  

Well, technically "all" that is required is a new build upload via steam pipe, so a 12 gig upload could be ready within the hour. It also slightly depends on how the new release percolates through steam's regional servers. But it mostly depends on how fast ED can create the Steam Build and run it through the pipe. 

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

How big will the Download size be? We have training this evening and i wanted to know for Organisation reasons.

Given the map updates, and large number of changes, expect it to be large.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

• ED Team
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Where did this page go?

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/170893-dcs-world-25-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-4624748

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Site is rather slow...so you folks must be redoing it and adding it somewhere else

Edited by MPalmer

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

7 minutes ago, Sideburns said:

Given the map updates, and large number of changes, expect it to be large.

10 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

How big will the Download size be? We have training this evening and i wanted to know for Organisation reasons.

12 GB size ... ouf....

• Thanks 1

Just now, Isegrim said:

"Thats not a change list its a change book."

by Sorcerer

Yeah quite the novel...

:smartass:

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 minute ago, Monkwolf said:

Check bignewy's post right before yours. There's a new post for 2.7.

The forums page was live then they removed it... Comment #4624748

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

1 minute ago, MrG721 said:

Simple question.

2.7 update is meant only for Open Beta? Stable version wont be affected?

Thanks.

That's the way the open beta channel works, yes.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

@BIGNEWY I'll be fresh installing as opposed to updating since i dont currently have DCS installed on this rig. Is there any way to know for sure if im downloading 2.5 or 2.7?

I noticed this section of the site still states 2.5, will this be updated to say 2.7?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

I'm trying to avoid waiting for the download to complete, only to find out I downloaded 2.5 instead of 2.7

Thanks in advance.

• Night vision goggles do not provide sufficient illumination with no moonlight.

Are moonrise/moonset times fixed to be accurate to real life? They appear to be a few hours off from real-world records, so it's hard to adjust the mission time appropriately.