DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Well, FPS s ok for VR here, and the world seems MUCH clearer to me than before, but VR has a strange tunnel effect. Not sure if this is intentional change, it appears different on the screen view too, but clouds are great. Shame they shimmer up and down, but beta and early days.

Overall great update ED, fantastic work and congratulations on achieving release.

• Like 2

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Screen_210414_220845.png

So far, I'm very impressed with the update.

The clouds and lighting effects look beautiful and I have only encountered very minor problems by now!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Absolutely Gob Stopping amazing!!!! Stunning! Thank you, thank you, thank you ED and team . . . Just a slam dunk.

So far I have focused on Syria, and some 2.6 missions I made with JTAC's and SAM sites. Missions were immediately modified withe new clouds.

What can I say, definite performance increase! About 10% ish, with Syria!! Plus the new Syria map is just an eye watering festival of new eye candy, and it runs great.

Syria is always my go to test, for Stutter, or a performance hit, and the missions I have loaded and done quick run throughs . . . OMG! Take a break ED, tie one off! Well done!

Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 (2700) Boost 4.2 Ghz, ASUS Tuf GTX 1660 Super OC, ASUS Prime X470-Pro MB, 32 GB Corsair DDR 4 running 1600 MHz. Graphics settings mostly High or Ultra Maxed out textures and AA, none of the new motion blur stuff. Radius and Pre-loads set to moderate. Tree Count high. Will maintain high 30 FPS and kick up to 90 FPS depending on conditions. Other maps I will run 60 to 90 FPS with same settings.

Again - well done, just dayum well done.

• Like 4

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

for the moment no problem with the update
superb cloud with totally awesome light effect
immersion effect significantly increase
more on syria fps increase more fluid.
for the moment nothing to complain about can be later !!!!!
thanks ED

• Like 1

1 hour ago, j0nx said:

These clouds are gnarly. Sorry I said it. Lots of shimmer at the horizon and the clouds themselves are all blurry and weird looking. The colors are all wrong and the lighting effect they give is way off. Reminds me of the kind of light you get during an eclipse. Very diffuse. I hope they make some big improvements on this moving forward. Yikes. Is there a way to turn them off and go back to the old clouds?

Have you set clouds to high or ultra in menu setting? makes quite a difference. 

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Well, color me impressed! Thanks for the very solid update! Performance is good... and those clouds...

I first loaded an Instant Action mission for the Viper on the Caucasus map. A thin layer of clouds, which looked a bit pixelated and ok-ish, but nothing more. I then loaded up the mission editor and tried a preset for broken clouds. Immediately impressed with the perception of depth of the clouds and I had an enjoyable time zooming around from cloud to cloud. I finally loaded up a preset for overcast and rain and added some wind to the mix. Mind blown! The rain sounds, the claustrophobic cloud layers, and that wonderful relief of finally breaking out of the clouds at 15,000 feet - all amazing! Well done!

• Like 2

Yeah, blown away! This looks like the coolest update since the new 2.0 terrain engine.

Of all the things I like the most, it's that clouds are now synched in MP. And then, the way the ground fades away, unlike the previous, close to binary transformation between clear and in the clouds. Formation flying in the clouds with no clipping canopies is such a blast now.

Just wow, amazing job, ED! And all that for free. 🙂

• Like 2

Today's weather forecast is cloudy but fine. Very fine!!

Well done ED and thanks

• Like 4

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

I updated ( over the 2.6.x ) and nothing happens when  I launch the game

Do I miss something, guys ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

You mean 2.5.6, but what do you mean by ‘nothing happens’?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I click the DCS icon (. exe ) and nothing happens 

There is nothing in the Task Manager 

Do I need to remove the Missions folder, or something? 

The small window is all I can see .....

dcs 2.7.0.jpg

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I can not THANK YOU enough for the 2.7 update .. its AMAZING in VR !!  

I have no words for this !!!  stunning Work !!!  2.7 is mindblowing !!! 

Thanks ED Team for your great efforts and this fantastic result !! 

MUCH APPRECIATED !!! 

• Like 4

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

13 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Its part of DCS now. We have added the Mask.

Just noticed this.

I decided my first run of 2.7 would be plain vanilla, with none of the VR mods I typically run. So I toggled them all to OFF in OvGME, cleared my shaders folders and did a repair install of DCS.

First thing I noticed was even though I had cleared the shaders folders, the 10+ minute first load and 15 minute reload of maps/aircraft were reduced to less than a minute.

Fired up Caucuses free flight in the FA-18 and realize their HAS to have been some performance improvements made with this release. I have made no other changes to my SteamVR or in game settings, and I am getting slightly higher to same frame times I was getting before using the usual shader mods. 

I see improved color, though Syria and Caucuses seem "softer". But WOW!! Syria now runs jitter free on my rig. And NTTC (2hich always ran great) is soooo fluid.

I think (unless I missed a mod removal) that they even removed the annoying instrument "reflections" from the A-10CII.

I will say, I'm not yet a fan of the clouds (have only tested them VR), that bouncing, blurry, mushy .... is something I can do without for now. Though I was not in a hurry for "OH MY GOD, THE CLOUDS!!!!".  I was however hopeful ED would apply some much needed performance increase magic, and they nailed in IMHO.

Very, very impressed!

Now I'm off to test with the previous mods.

Edited by Sr.
  • Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Clouds look awesome and all, it´s great fun flying through and up through them in VR and no performance issues so far, but this up & down jittering of the whole cloud layers reeeally breaks it for me. Makes them look like a cheap special effect from the 80ies or something 😞

Really hope they´ll fix this soon. Otherwise I´m quite impressed so far.

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

19 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Its part of DCS now. We have added the Mask.

Any way to disable this? I get a bright halo appearing in my peripheral vision as I move my head around as if the masked area is coming into view marginally before the screen refreshes. It looked much better before.

6 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

I'm at a loss for words...it's incredible what you've done ED.

And we're getting all this for free...

I know right. ED should start an OnlyFans account. 😁

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Absolutely fantastic ED!  It's like a whole new game.  I'm flying buttery smooth over Syria (which looks amazing with the lighting now) at 100+ fps in 2K with the clouds on Ultra.  Hats off to the fantastic work.  In appreciation I will be picking up Hind and a couple of campaigns tomorrow.  

• Like 1

New clouds are nice, though they aren't quite working in VR, being apparently stuck on the lowest setting. I want the same eyecandy pancake pilots get. 🙂 Still, having multiple layers to fly through is quite great. I'm really looking forward to further development in that area, seeing as VR issues with the cloud system are stated to be high priority, I have high hopes.

1 hour ago, Lenux said:

I click the DCS icon (. exe ) and nothing happens 

There is nothing in the Task Manager 

Do I need to remove the Missions folder, or something? 

The small window is all I can see .....

Give it time, it has to rebuild some shader stuff. Next launch should go a lot faster.

Just now, Dragon1-1 said:

New clouds are nice, though they aren't quite working in VR, being apparently stuck on the lowest setting. I want the same eyecandy pancake pilots get. 🙂 Still, having multiple layers to fly through is quite great. I'm really looking forward to further development in that area, seeing as VR issues with the cloud system are stated to be high priority, I have high hopes.

Give it time, it has to rebuild some shader stuff. Next launch should go a lot faster.

I did remove some stuff from the Mods folder / Saved Games, and now everything is fine 

Performance, in my opinion, is improved

Everything on Ultra, 4k, RTX 3090, I7 9700K@5,1 and I have 60 fps... 

I have to check the cloud presets, didn't even read the whole chsnglog

Question : can I delete all the the 2.6.x Missions ????