DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

On 5/23/2021 at 7:40 PM, Milkyblue said:

Guys, guys, is this suppose to be an easter egg or sth? 😂

(...)

Welcome in DCS Open Beta.

Once you explore models in ModelViewer, you will find much more interesting things, that looks like not been use any more. I wonder why not? Not finished damage model? Maybe restricted for paid campaigns?

>>> 2011 <<< 

cool shelter screen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:44 PM, -0303- said:

In Mission Editor (ME) down arrow increase speed, up arrow decrease speed. Don't think it did that before. Don't really care minor.

Same thing wind speeds. So, a systematic user interface dialog bug affecting different parts.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

22 minutes ago, _schepper_ said:

I hope something good on the patch today,
It's my birthday 😄

Happy birthday!

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

Todays planned patch will be a small one to address some crashes and fixes. 

thanks

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 5/26/2021 at 9:47 AM, Glow said:

Welcome in DCS Open Beta.

Once you explore models in ModelViewer, you will find much more interesting things, that looks like not been use any more. I wonder why not? Not finished damage model? Maybe restricted for paid campaigns?

>>> 2011 <<< 

cool shelter screen

DCS always has been on progress AI units. When has done, that can be release.

• Like 3

I would like to say that the NEW VAB Mephisto is a great unit. Thank you.

The model its self looks amazing, there are some minor issues here and there, but what I am mostly pleased with is the ATGM its self.

I believe this is the first vehicle unit in DCS, which shoots a HOT and a HOT2 at that. The encyclopedia does not have an entry for HOT2.

What I really like about it, is the way it flies and guides. It doesn't have that annoying bug, which the TOW and other Russian ATGMs have. The bug where the missile wobbles, when you initially fire it. They also have recoil, rocking the some of the lighter vehicles (On a RECOILESS system). The guidance is also smooth, you don't randomly loose tracking, if you make a sharper correction(something that affects all other ATGMs). I hope this tech is brought up to all other ATGM vehicles.

The dust/smoke from firing the missile doesn't ruin my FPS either.

I hope all other ATGM vehicles are brought to this level of standard

Edited by Shadow KT
  • Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

7 hours ago, Shadow KT said:

I would like to say that the NEW VAB Mephisto is a great unit. Thank you.

The model its self looks amazing, there are some minor issues here and there, but what I am mostly pleased with is the ATGM its self.

I believe this is the first vehicle unit in DCS, which shoots a HOT and a HOT2 at that. The encyclopedia does not have an entry for HOT2.

That's because the HOT-2 is a misnomer, it shoots the HOT-3 (HOT-2 has a much narrower and pointier nose). It's much in the same boat as the AGM-84S (which is wrong on multiple levels, should be RGM-84 (presumably RGM-84D) and the BGM-109B (should be RGM/BGM-109C).

And isn't it called VCAC Mephisto? (VCAC standing for Véhicule de Combat Anti-Char).

What I really like about it, is the way it flies and guides. It doesn't have that annoying bug, which the TOW and other Russian ATGMs have. The bug where the missile wobbles, when you initially fire it.

That's pretty good to hear, I haven't done much testing myself though.

The dust/smoke from firing the missile doesn't ruin my FPS either.

That's because it's basically the same effect as before, but with the colour changed.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

6 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

That's because the HOT-2 is a misnomer, it shoots the HOT-3 (HOT-2 has a much narrower and pointier nose). It's much in the same boat as the AGM-84S (which is wrong on multiple levels, should be RGM-84 (presumably RGM-84D) and the BGM-109B (should be RGM/BGM-109C).

I did notice that it had the same external model, as the HOT3 missiles in the encyclopedia. Together with the miss spelled DCS WORLS as well.

6 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

That's because it's basically the same effect as before, but with the colour changed.

I don't know which effect are you referencing, but when I shoot TOWs or Russian ATGMs out of the MBTs... my FPS tanks for 1-2 seconds on launch. I did not see this happening, when I was firing from the Memphisto.

Does the DCS Gazelle use the ED HOT3, or do they have their own monstrosity, which defies reality ? I am asking, because I've heard DCS Gazelle players mentioning the missile just exploding, when it reaches max range, where as, with the Memphisto, the missile will just falls out of the sky, when the motor is burned out and you can no longer control it. 

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

8 hours ago, Shadow KT said:

Does the DCS Gazelle use the ED HOT3, or do they have their own monstrosity, which defies reality ? I am asking, because I've heard DCS Gazelle players mentioning the missile just exploding, when it reaches max range, where as, with the Memphisto, the missile will just falls out of the sky, when the motor is burned out and you can no longer control it. 

Afaik, all the Gazelle's weapons are home-cooked and with… ehm… odd implementations of behaviours. For the HOT3 specifically, it explodes if its cable connection is cut, which you can do manually (usually accidentally) form the missile arming console in the cockpit. From that, it's reasonable that they would also explode when they run out of cable at max length… but as with all things Polychop, the question remains whether this is the actual accurate behaviour or not since their track record in that department is less than stellar.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

today is a patch day according to ED. 

Is it a big one or a hotfix?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Well, I hope that it includes a hot fix for the Hornet undesignate/redesignate/FLIR slew issue that has made it next to impossible to use the Hornet in certain circumstances since the last patch.  Supposedly 'fixed internally', so fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

2 minutes ago, imacken said:

Well, I hope that it includes a hot fix for the Hornet undesignate/redesignate/FLIR slew issue that has made it next to impossible to use the Hornet in certain circumstances since the last patch.  Supposedly 'fixed internally', so fingers crossed!

What is it doing? I had some trouble the other day. Thought it was me..

image.png

Place your bets everyone!

- Another hotfix?

- Cloud jitter fix?

- Hind? :music_whistling:

These patch days always feel like Christmas 😄

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

wow it was "1st June" a few mins ago. Now it says "this week"

might be bigger than a hotfix then @BIGNEWY

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, ebabil said:

wow it was "1st June" a few mins ago. Now it says "this week"

might be bigger than a hotfix then @BIGNEWY

we were planning for today and it looked good, until we found a problem, hence the change to this week. 

I will update it again when I get a confirmed date. 

It will be a stabilisation patch focused on crashes mostly

thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Hoirtel said:

What is it doing? I had some trouble the other day. Thought it was me..

Basically, if the FLIR is SOI, then WPDSG doesn't work after the first time you undesignate.  You have to swap SOI to any other DDI/HUD to make it work.  This may be correct, new behaviour but difficult to see how that would work in practice at times.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

2 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

The new patch, VR cloud is much better.  Cloud doesn't shift around.  But anything less than Ultra shimmers and is unacceptable.  Still great job.

Yes, I can second that.

Clouds in VR have improved massively!!

Apart from jitter reduction (I couldn't see any tbh!) it seems the contrast has also been improved extremely! :cheer3nc:

As @Taz1004 already mentioned, on the very far horizon there are however a lot of shimmers. And except for the ultra setting, there's A LOT of jaggies (so many, that currently "ultra" is the only way to go)

But still... Amazing job ED!!! Thank you!

The clouds in ultra look absolutely amazing. much MUCH better than before!

:worthy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH