DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Well, I don't know what to say, except that there's something I don't understand... After having lauched the same mission several times which was causing stutters (M2000-C FF in Caucasus), now it's back to butter smooth without any stutter. I didn't change anything... Tried also low flight above Las Vegas with light clouds, scattered and overcast, butter smooth (clouds always set to low, anything above that causes frame drops)... Only the usual stutters above Dubai and Syria as before.

Is that possible that you need to load the same mission several times for the shaders to fully build?

Overall I'm happy my perfs are back, but I'm unable to explain what happened and I don't like that...

And now I have another problem to deal with, my Logitech (Saitek) rudder pedals in not recognized anymore by Windows. Seems to be a known problem, I tried other USB port and even on another laptop, same result. Guess it's a good pretext to go for the MFG Crosswind!!

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

On 6/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, Pride37 said:

Well, not many people seem to complain about the loss of perfomance that came with the latest patch...

TBH I haven't seen any on my 3rd gen stone age rig. And I even cranked the clouds up to Ultra without any performance difference. Didn't check my GPU load though... but I couldn't care less as long as it's well even below 50%... but I only had one flight so far with the latest ver.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

34 minutes ago, Eldur said:

TBH I haven't seen any on my 3rd gen stone age rig. And I even cranked the clouds up to Ultra without any performance difference. Didn't check my GPU load though... but I couldn't care less as long as it's well even below 50%... but I only had one flight so far with the latest ver.

I found that clouds on ultra do use more performance, and the pre-sets that contain the larger formations are more difficult to run than those smaller ones. Why would you not want your GPU running above 50%? Seems like an unusual requirement. I like mine to be as high as I can get.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eldur said:

MY GPU is always in 99% when flying DCS and i hope it stay always this way. 

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

A little update... literally.

I was experimenting with another issue involving Anisotropic filtering wherein it appeared there was no difference from 0-16X. It became evident that something was hinky with my install, so I attempted a cleanup/repair which would continually fail. Contacted ED support with a couple log files, and they responded that it was my AV(Defender) interfering. 

They were right, even though I had every possible folder in the exclusion list (same as always had been previously) I turned off realtime and cloud protection so the repair could finish.

I can only wonder what might have gotten skipped during the last couple patches, because visual and performance wise, DCS runs better now than it has at least since 2.7 and subsequent patch were released. As far as mods go, I have so far only enabled Flat Shadow Removal and Mustangs latest, and my frametimes are staying in the mid teens over Caucuses, low flight. Even with MSAA 2x enabled and Ultra Clouds.

Does anyone have an updated list of folder to exclude?

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 6/8/2021 at 3:12 PM, Hoirtel said:

I found that clouds on ultra do use more performance, and the pre-sets that contain the larger formations are more difficult to run than those smaller ones. Why would you not want your GPU running above 50%? Seems like an unusual requirement. I like mine to be as high as I can get.

You didn't get what I wanted to say there. I totally would want to have the GPU load maxed, but my CPU's single core performance is totally insufficient to make that happen. Which is why I can crank the graphics settings to whatever I like without impacting fps at all as the GPU never hits its limits even remotely.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

So you shouldn’t have to exclude anything but the topmost folder, eagle dynamics, everything else should be excluded from there. I should note I never put games i the program file directory.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

4 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

So you shouldn’t have to exclude anything but the topmost folder, eagle dynamics, everything else should be excluded from there. I should note I never put games i the program file directory.

gracias

That's what I thought...

And, neither do I. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

But updates always work for me as well, without error (touch wood)… sometimes I really wonder about software…

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

On 6/5/2021 at 10:14 PM, Pride37 said:

Well, not many people seem to complain about the loss of perfomance that came with the latest patch... I'm a bit worried, is there something wrong on my side? I went from nice and smooth with the wobbly cloud correction patch, to stuttery/barely playable with the SSAA correction patch...

Would be a pitty if I have to degrade visual quality while it has always been fine before...

I've seen a lot more stutters and drops in frame rate (especially around air bases) in VR.  It happened at the same time as the DCS update, windows update, Nvidia update and Steam VR update, so I thought I'd hang back, monitor the forums and let someone else do the hard yards.

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

48 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

But updates always work for me as well, without error (touch wood)… sometimes I really wonder about software…

This was a first for me.

--Arthur C Clark

7 hours ago, Eldur said:

Which is why I can crank the graphics settings to whatever I like without impacting fps at all as the GPU never hits its limits even remotely.

Try 4K with MSAA 4x and report back.

5 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

I exclude also my \saved games\dcs folder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

9 hours ago, Eldur said:

You didn't get what I wanted to say there. I totally would want to have the GPU load maxed, but my CPU's single core performance is totally insufficient to make that happen. Which is why I can crank the graphics settings to whatever I like without impacting fps at all as the GPU never hits its limits even remotely.

Ok apologies. probably the wrong thread for this, but I'm sure you can reduce some of those settings that affect CPU use to gain more performance and increase GPU use. Its all about balance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, draconus said:

I exclude also my \saved games\dcs folder

yes, that too

Ohooo, new patch planned for tomorrow... What's gonna be in it? Bug fixes, or cloud edges shimmering fix for VR... May be (one can hope...)

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

1 minute ago, Pride37 said:

Ohooo, new patch planned for tomorrow... What's gonna be in it? Bug fixes, or cloud edges shimmering fix for VR... May be (one can hope...)

Same as OB 😉

• Like 2

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

1 minute ago, Dunx said:

Same as OB 😉

My bad, you're right, haven't noticed it was for stable...

Edited by Pride37
  • Like 2

I am amazed that this OB version is going to stable with all the Hornet issues, the game crashes and the performance sucking jumping VR clouds. 
It certainly wouldn’t be described as stable by my definition. 

• Like 8

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

50 minutes ago, imacken said:

game crashes and the performance sucking jumping VR clouds

Since the latest OB patch I haven't had any crashes (before that I was a member of both the "2nd mission crash" and "end of 1st mission crash" clubs).
Clouds also no longer jump on my end.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

4 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Since the latest OB patch I haven't had any crashes (before that I was a member of both the "2nd mission crash" and "end of 1st mission crash" clubs).

in my case they still jump, but only those clouds far far away. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 3700x - 2080ti - 16GB 3200 - 500G SSD - OCULUS RIFT S

3 hours ago, despinoza said:

in my case they still jump, but only those clouds far far away. 

Midi-Chlorian clouds, they are.

• Like 1

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

9 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Yes, I should have said that the crashes have hugely reduced, and similarly the jumping clouds. I guess now it’s more the horrible cloud aliasing at a distance and the huge VR performance hit on Ultra. 
The Hornet issues - particularly with target designating - are still major though. 

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

agreed, i dont think its ready ... but it's not my train set... unless they are also pushing out a patch to beta as well, maybe 2d users have a different view, which is still the majority ? but i imagine hornet targeting isn't vr specific ?

• ED Team

Stable version being updated was considered carefully, the crashes have reduced by a significant amount so the time is right for updating stable, then we can progress with open beta update schedule. 

3 hours ago, imacken said:

The Hornet issues - particularly with target designating - are still major though. 

Hornet is still early access currently and the team are working through the bugs and final features. There will be ups and downs during early access with modules, it does not hold up the core DCS updates. 

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2