DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

35 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Stable version being updated was considered carefully, the crashes have reduced by a significant amount so the time is right for updating stable, then we can progress with open beta update schedule. 

Hornet is still early access currently and the team are working through the bugs and final features. There will be ups and downs during early access with modules, it does not hold up the core DCS updates. 

thanks

Of course, I understand BN, it's just that the Hornet bugs make it difficult to use in a lot of scenarios, and I'm just a little surprised that this is deemed to be OK for stable.  Just my opinion.

• Thanks 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, imacken said:

Of course, I understand BN, it's just that the Hornet bugs make it difficult to use in a lot of scenarios, and I'm just a little surprised that this is deemed to be OK for stable.  Just my opinion.

I understand, but we have to consider many things, and one of them is the timeline for future products and content, you will have to trust us that this is the right time to update stable version. 

Thanks

• Like 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, imacken said:

The Hornet issues - particularly with target designating - are still major though. 

The Hornet's radar is a buggy (pun intended) mess right now. Surely those Hornet updates from 2.7 won't persist into today's Stable update.... it's just really bad if you try to dig down deep into the radar operation at any level.

**EDIT** Sorry, just read BN's latest posts.

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

So, should this recent stable release have affected a currently installed (repair installed) open beta? I was running fine last night, but now hangs at 'Wait for pooled tasks". I'm simply trying to load a replay file. 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

they should be in separate directories ... so no

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 6/10/2021 at 10:34 AM, draconus said:

Try 4K with MSAA 4x and report back.

Send me the monitor capable of that, or better or a Reverb G2 for free and I certainly will rdlaugh.png

BTW when using my Quest instead of CV1, my frames literally cut in halves, but GPU load in GPU-Z roughly stays the same... rainbowdashwink.png

On 6/10/2021 at 12:19 PM, Hoirtel said:

Ok apologies. probably the wrong thread for this, but I'm sure you can reduce some of those settings that affect CPU use to gain more performance and increase GPU use. Its all about balance.

Well, I had everything at the bare minimum/off and cranked individual setting up from there to see what makes a difference. I basically ended up leaving Civ Traffic at either low or off, and, of course, not having mirrors (that's "just" a 40-50% cut for almost nothing actually useful on 512 cockpit display size). The real features I have to "disable" are AI units, any kind of even remotely heavy scripts in the miz and especially multiplayer. My experience roughly is resembled by this video.

On 6/10/2021 at 10:14 PM, imacken said:

I am amazed that this OB version is going to stable with all the Hornet issues, the game crashes and the performance sucking jumping VR clouds. 
It certainly wouldn’t be described as stable by my definition. 

Wouldn't exactly call that "stable" either, but I guess they won't release a new product Early Access into a version (read: 2.7) that isn't even on Stable yet. And TBH it could be worse. It will keep improving after all and there's a reason most of us stay on OB anyway, so we wouldn't really care about another Stable release anyway. It's more like "oh, you guys finally have catched up once again, well cya!" dealwithit.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

On 6/3/2021 at 1:18 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Code breaks in early access, it is part of the process, the team will fix it. 

So it seems the broken early access code was "ported" to the stable release in the end. Nice ...

This alone discredit everything that is said about using the release to avoid bugs.

Edited by Charly314159

• ED Team
12 minutes ago, Charly314159 said:

So it seems the broken early access code was "ported" to the stable release in the end. Nice ...

This alone discredit everything that is said about using the release to avoid bugs.

Open beta is used to check for show stopping bugs and crashes, there will always be bugs, we deal with millions of lines of code. You will just have to accept that we do our best to make the stable build as crash free as possible, modules at different stages of development and will not hold up updates of DCS as a whole. 

You either get that or you dont, but we have been here before. Feel free to PM me

thanks

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ACM modes have never been an issue before on the hornet. The bug has been reported multiple times since 2.7.

If this was an open beta program you would have solved it or rolled back to a previous working state before pushing it to the "stable" branch.

Conclusion : this is not a beta program, this is a joke.

And this is a show stopping bug for F18 BFM.

Edited by Charly314159
  • Like 2

On 6/12/2021 at 4:14 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Open beta is used to check for show stopping bugs and crashes, there will always be bugs, we deal with millions of lines of code. You will just have to accept that we do our best to make the stable build as crash free as possible, modules at different stages of development and will not hold up updates of DCS as a whole. 

You either get that or you dont, but we have been here before. Feel free to PM me

thanks

Hey Bignewy,

I understand there is a timeline , but I am a little disappointed that there are still issues with VR cloud rendering in the latest Beta and 2.7 has gone stable. I can't speak for anyone else but I use stable to avoid these sorts of things. 

Are the clouds fixed for stable or am I gonna see exactly the same thing as Beta if I update stable ?? I would like to use the hind in stable but unless I update that isn't going to happen.

I started a topic about it, your feedback would be welcome.

2.7 Stable VR Clouds, what's going on ? - VR Bugs - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Edited by Clogger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clogger said:

Hey Bignewy,

I understand there is a timeline , but I am a little disappointed that there are still issues with VR cloud rendering in the latest Beta and 2.7 has gone stable. I can't speak for anyone else but I use stable to avoid these sorts of things. 

Are the clouds fixed for stable or am I gonna see exactly the same thing as Beta if I update stable ?? I would like to use the hind in stable but unless I update that isn't going to happen.

'Stable' is simply an Open Beta build that is deemed to be acceptable by ED in terms of bugs/issues.

At the moment, stable and OB are the same.

• Like 5

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Looking like it.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Robbie65 said:

Today the Hind ? Fingers crossed !

Would you think so? hmm... maybe I should call my wife and let her know I'll be going asocial this evening 🤔... just in case you're right

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 minute ago, sirrah said:

Would you think so? hmm... maybe I should call my wife and let her know I'll be going asocial this evening 🤔... just in case you're right

Hahahaha, maybe you can share your excitement and try the Hind together.......

• Like 1

Nice update today! Well done ED! HIND HIND HIND

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

2 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

I don't think this update is going to include the Hind. Wouldn't there have been an announcement with respect to the pre-order discount ending? I would love to be wrong, but I'm just not feeling it.

Hind confimed coming out today on Discord. I'd expect to see a newsletter pretty soon

hind.png

Edited by Snakepit92
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3