DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

On steam, you apparently need to download the patch then on steam go to a 'DLC section' and download it.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

22 minutes ago, Jafergon said:

That's the thing that I'm expecting with more anticipation, since I fly most of the time over water. We will find out soon...

It seems to me that shadwing and sea diferent tones are implemented in preview Marianas video, but NOT in the game. 😞

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tippis said:

Don't know if it's just steam being odd.

For the standalone, you have to update and then it'll show up in the module manager as a separate thing you need to install.

e:f;b

Steam always has a fixed time to update its store. Where I live, it´s always at 7 pm. After that I just had to refresh and it appeared under "DLC"

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Gryzor said:

It seems to me that shadwing and sea diferent tones are implemented in preview Marianas video, but NOT in the game. 😞

Yes, I can confirm it. Just tested the patch after finally downloading the Marianas map and the new water effects are still not included. We will have to wait a bit more... (I think the tralier also features the upcoming new fog effects compatible with the 2.7 clouds)

Edited by Jafergon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jafergon said:

Yes, I can confirm it. Just tested the patch after finally downloading the Marianas map and the new water effects are still not included. We will have to wait a bit more... (I think the tralier also features the upcoming new fog effects compatible with the 2.7 clouds)

@ED: When we can have those new fog and sea updated effects? we will have to wait much more time? thanks

Edited by Gryzor
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Video also shows the island which is a bombing range, (farallon de medinilla) but that's not yet included either. However at the rate ED are going recently it won't be long! 👍

I think you missed it, its in the map already. Quite small and easy to overlook tho.

• Like 2

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

Official Updates /DCS World 2.5 Changelog and Updates of Open Beta

the change log should say DCS World 2.7 right?

• Like 1

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

56 minutes ago, Revs said:

Official Updates /DCS World 2.5 Changelog and Updates of Open Beta

the change log should say DCS World 2.7 right?

I've been proposing a new thread for the 2.7 updates when 2.7 dropped that the notes went into the 2.5 thread...

Updating my bare naked DCS right now / getting the new map on my new rig while not being at home which is why it still lacks a decent GPU.

5800x, 64GB of 3600, ASUS B550-A board, 1TB 980 Pro for Win, DCS and MSFS, another 2TB 980 Pro (was the same price as the 970 Evo+because there was rebate on it and  it was available, second slot isn't PCIe 4.0 though, so it's still slower), SBX AE-5 Plus and currently an old 660 2G with broken fans (= passively cooled only, hitting 100°C under load, somewhere around 40°C on idle) that will be replaced by my 1080 8G when I get back home. Can't wait to try DCS in VR on that beast. I'll probably be able to use my Quest then instead of having to run the CV1... and I'll try out the new map, of course, even though I haven't been to Cyprus yet as I wanted to do some pew pew pew with the Hind which I did in my Caucasus miz fsgrin.png

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

7 minutes ago, Topper81 said:

I have very huge FPS drop down on the new Marianas Map in VR, is it normal?

Same here, unplayable right now, halved my FPS

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

So I tried Marianas briefly in VR, and over land I was getting 30FPS which is quite frankly silly! No idea why, as the rest of the sim and scenarios are no better or worse than before. Something is a little bust I think. More curiously the map doesn't even appear to be that complex.

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

23 minutes ago, 5ephir0th said:

Same here, unplayable right now, halved my FPS

If you’re at/on Guam’s Anderson AFB it is a bit of a struggle…lots of very cool static aircraft…some I’ve never seen before…I found FPS improved greatly in VR once I got away from the base.

• Like 2

Patrick

mini.gif

3 hours ago, Topper81 said:

I have very huge FPS drop down on the new Marianas Map in VR, is it normal?

Same

And lately I'm getting solid 45 w/ 15-17 frametime over Syria

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

I had bad fps after the Syria map update, but it got better/normal after few flights. It is maybe the same for Marianas, it just needs time to build up memory cache 

• Like 2

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

If you click on the Marianas icon from the bottom of the main screen it is explained that the terrain uses EDGE 2.7 engine and it puts more demands on the hardware. Definitely demands more from mine but not at all like half fps.

Since no one actually said it: Thx ED! The new map is fun, beautiful and it's FREE :cheer3nc:

Please also read more on DCS Marianas map in this FAQ:

Edited by draconus
  • Like 6

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

11 hours ago, zildac said:

So I tried Marianas briefly in VR, and over land I was getting 30FPS which is quite frankly silly! No idea why, as the rest of the sim and scenarios are no better or worse than before. Something is a little bust I think. More curiously the map doesn't even appear to be that complex.

Same experience with my G2 rig. Can't maintain 45 FPS over land (over Guam at least, the lesser islands are better and managed to land on Tinian at 45 fps). I thought it might be the instant action mission so created a basic one for the Hornet, with clouds OFF and no A.I. Still couldn't maintain 45 FPS over Guam. It's a shame because the map looks excellent, but frankly uncomfortable with a G2 without motion smoothing below 45fps, and my rig is still buttery smooth flying low over Syria.

...just realised that sounded a tad ungrateful considering this is an entirely free map.Thanks ED for what looks like a beautiful map. Here's hoping it can be optimised a little for us ever complaining VR folk 😉

Edited by ShaunX
  • Like 3

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

1 hour ago, Hoirtel said:

oops ok, yes I must have! Thanks

Just found it myself..Bottom right hand corner of CT97 in the ME.

However, it has a large population of frigate birds, boobies, terns, and other species. The US DOD was ordered to cease bombing exercises on Farallon de Medinilla until they became compliant with the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

..so make sure you turn birds off in settings before you level it 😆

Edited by ShaunX
  • Like 3

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

33 minutes ago, ShaunX said:

Just found it myself..Bottom right hand corner of CT97 in the ME.

However, it has a large population of frigate birds, boobies, terns, and other species. The US DOD was ordered to cease bombing exercises on Farallon de Medinilla until they became compliant with the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

..so make sure you turn birds off in settings before you level it 😆

Ha Ha! Good tip! Thanks for the location pointer. I have got the birds slider up to max and as yet to experience a virtual bird strike/engine out despite all those low level runs over coastlines. See if its different here...

• Like 1

Good morning all
I read in this forum that some pilots have FPS problem with the Marian Islands,
so I hope that the problem will be quickly resolved for them but I know that the DCS team will solve all this as they do every time, but in the meantime I shout loudly THANKS ED because you have spoiled us with these islands because they are sublime and it's a treat to fly above these superb graphics.
again thank you ED continue on your throw you are doing a titanic job.👍😊

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...