DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations
Updates to sidewinder pylon drag coefficients.

Looks like they fixed the negative drag. I remember the Viggen being faster than usual when bringing Winders after getting rid of them, similar to the Hornet back in the day with the Mk.83 when keeping the racks... was fun, but after all, having it all more realistic is better.

DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations
New: Added “Fear the Bones” and “Zone 5” Teaser Quickstart Missions by Reflected Simulations. (Thank you!).

That's one great step. Would be cool to have that for all campaigns, kinda like a demo for them.

DCS: Mi-24P by Eagle Dynamics
Fixed: ASP-17. Does not allow you to set the angle in manual mode under certain conditions

I've noticed that quite often because I was trying to set some manual depressions for the weapons that aren't being calculated like the 30mm grenades or S-24 rockets and was wondering if it was erroneous. Glad it obviously was.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet by Eagle Dynamics
Unable to remove advisory and warning blanking window - Fixed

Finally, no empty "ADV-" box anymore? Tiny thing, but great!

DCS World
Rail launched missiles jump during launch procedure - fixed.
Optimized loading terrain surface textures. Fixed FPS drop after switching camera position.

That missile jump was straight ugly. Glad it's gone now. That optimization sounds great, looking forward to see that next week.

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

So, the NVG and rain are not fixed, right?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I don't see anything about it in any of the recent change logs, but has the Hornet audio been improved?

This could just be between my ears (pun intended 😋), but I swear when I took off yesterday (after a few weeks of Hornet inactivity), the sound of the wind along the canopy sounded better.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

51 minutes ago, sirrah said:

I don't see anything about it in any of the recent change logs, but has the Hornet audio been improved?

This could just be between my ears (pun intended 😋), but I swear when I took off yesterday (after a few weeks of Hornet inactivity), the sound of the wind along the canopy sounded better.

That actually was on the patch notes...

• Air flow over canopy sound has been improved.

2 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

That actually was on the patch notes...

• Air flow over canopy sound has been improved.

Ah, missed that. Thanks

Haven't flown the real thing, but the new sound is great imo :thumbup:

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Got problems with update.

From Log:

00063.280 ERROR: UNPACK_FAIL: (8836)->[GzipError: inflate: (-3) incorrect data check] F:\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\Mods/terrains/Normandy/Surface/Normandy1944s.surface5
00064.465 STATUS: inflate: (-3) incorrect data check

Deleting the mentioned file didnt helped.

Any advice please?

Thanks

EDIT: Did repair, have to download 26Gbs again :\. see if it happend again, maybe disk space problem.

EDIT2: Repair, clean some space, redownload helped.

autoupdate_log.txt

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Anyone noticed changes in the presentation of clouds in VR?

The edges and borders of clouds don't look that nice anymore to me, especially when they touch mountains/hills.

Can't really tell for sure, and since I am not willing to go back for making screenshots I am asking if someone else noticed this.

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

On 7/21/2021 at 6:01 PM, Nealius said:

Doesn't look like AIM-120 guidance when lock is dropped is fixed either. Other issues were fixed, but not that one, apparently. AMRAAMs have been a long-range SARH for....half a year now? Unless it was fixed and mistranslated as something in the list.

The aim54 can now apparently after this patch. 
Seems strange that mega old missile and aircraft can but modern missile and aircraft can not. 

edit*  , i see that phoenix missile also still does not give RWR warning to FC3 aircraft . 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

@BIGNEWY or @NineLine any when the new infantry model will be included? I recall seeing it in the 3D Modelling document ED released a while ago. Will be a really nice upgrade.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, pimp said:

@BIGNEWY or @NineLine any when the new infantry model will be included? I recall seeing it in the 3D Modelling document ED released a while ago. Will be a really nice upgrade.

I dont have any ETA currently, but yes I am also looking forward to it. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• RWR system. Added 19ZH6 (ST-68U) “Tin Shield” radar as "TS". Changed AZOV ship symbol to "AZ". Updated HARM lists.

Are we going to see a resurrection of the old cruiser Azov anytime soon, or is this just general house keeping for the HARM range known modes?

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping for an update this week that includes a fix for the Mission 8 breaking bug in the new Hornet Rise of the Persian Lion campaign for Mission 8.

I know I have an option to skip the mission but I really would like to complete it... so am at a bit of a stand still currently.

• Like 3

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

4 hours ago, dburne said:

Hoping for an update this week that includes a fix for the Mission 8 breaking bug in the new Hornet Rise of the Persian Lion campaign for Mission 8.

I know I have an option to skip the mission but I really would like to complete it... so am at a bit of a stand still currently.

I'm in the same boat

(finished mission 7 a few days ago)

Fingers crossed on a hotfix this week.

• Like 3

System specs:

5 minutes ago, Kappa said:

Will any update be released this week?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

Hi all, 

as soon as we are ready to let you know about the next patch we will update the patch status post 

Currently a lot of internal testing is in progress. 

Thanks

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

13 minutes ago, azzhat said:

Most of us are aware of that post but you have only been updating it on the day of release about an hour before. That is why people are asking again. 

And what makes you think he's going to give an answer here before he would post it there?  If he was able/willing to post it before "about an hour before" he'd post it there.  ED has been burned too many times by freakouts when an announced planned release got postponed.

• Like 5

I think they have changed their policy regarding announcing updates, and tht is good.

It seems they wait to announce an update until they are quite sure that it is ready and not before.

That takes the pressure of the developers and doesn´t create anger in the community - it´s ready when it´s ready.

It´s better to wait a week or two, or even more, inorder to ensure that the update is as bugfree as possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

1 hour ago, rob10 said:

And what makes you think he's going to give an answer here before he would post it there?  If he was able/willing to post it before "about an hour before" he'd post it there.

This! Sometimes I really wonder about the logical thinking of some people...

• Like 5

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, azzhat said:

Most of us are aware of that post but you have only been updating it on the day of release about an hour before.

Sorry, but that is simply untrue. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box