DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

15 hours ago, imacken said:

Sorry, but that is simply untrue. 

It's not that. The update about update is coming on the update date itself as seen recently, which shortens the 'heads up' so there is no longer a need for the thread to be honest, as the perception it creates will always make people say those things. 

Saying that update is going to happen 'today' combined with waiting for patch notes, that are released shortly before update itself, is of little value anyway. 

Much better would be to see what's in testing, with testing outcome, as it happens. Sort of live update dashboard. 

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 6

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

What you want, and what you are going to get are very different things. 

I suspect that many people wont benefit from the "insight" that such a list would provide, and it would only generate frustration, as people will continually "arm chair PM" the task list asking for greater and greater levels of insight and actually adding zero value...  

I'm pretty comfortable having one place to check, and knowing thats where I go to find out, I might like more information, but I don't need more information... frankly i would rather that QA spent its time on QAing the product, rather than on QAing the PR version of a Gant chart to satisfy a minority of vocal people.

• Like 12

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It's like updating a piece of software have become the most important thing in the world. Sure I love as much as anyone to have my favourite flight sim updated, but I don't need 2 days heads up.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

38 minutes ago, Svend_Dellepude said:

... Sure I love as much as anyone to have my favourite flight sim updated, but I don't need 2 days heads up.

Couldn't agree more 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Trying to play the Fear the Bones campaign in the open beta but the AI Hornets that take off before me (which seem critical to the mission) just immediately crash into the water 😖

Are we getting a patch for this soon?

Edit - I see Bignewy's comment in the Bugs section. Thanks much.

Edited by unlikely_spider
  • Like 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

11 hours ago, Gryzor said:

Any hope for patch this week? I want test new haze and sea shadows!!! plz ED confirm us many thanks

I mean, with us going on 3 weeks now since our last patch, I suspect that something big is about to hit. More than likely it'll be a bunch of bug fixes, and maybe a few model updates, but I suspect we might see some new toys to play with very, very soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

We're on a montly patch schedule. Three weeks is not a month. The recent pattern has been the second-to-last Wednesday of each month. We're barely our second week into August....

for bigger patches yes. But we have been seeing small fixes roughly every week for the last few months.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nealius said:

We're on a montly patch schedule. Three weeks is not a month. The recent pattern has been the second-to-last Wednesday of each month. We're barely our second week into August....

You'd better not check the patch status thread then.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

What?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hoping here also - I really need the fix for my Persian Lion Hornet campaign.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Patch is live woohoo! Now I can resume my Persian Lion campaign!

Don B

Can't wait to test these:

• VR. trees and some objects render in the left eye before the right and it creates a shimmering effect - fixed.
  • DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

• Updated AIM-7 parameters to synchronize with DCS changes.
  • Fixed Autopilot altitude hold fluctuation after several re-engagements.
  • Adjusted TID, TID Repeater and HSD display brightness for better visibility in direct light / above OVC.
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

DCS updater is crazy. 👎
It started to download (or copy) old 2019 textures and edm files (chinaassetpack, f-86f, viggen, f-16, f-14 etc.) to _download/coremods folder while it said: scanning.
When I realized what is happening it already downloaded 100GB completely unnecessary, (already in the coremods folder) existing files to my close-to-full drive.
CANCEL 💥

So, I WILL NOT UPDATE until a smarter updater we get. 💤

sign-pic4.jpg