DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Does it mean that it will be more realistic to do BFM against Hornet now? 

• AI F/A-18C FM tune:
    • Tune AI FM to fit human one.
  • Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

2 minutes ago, NRG-Vampire said:

DCS updater is crazy. 👎
It started to download (or copy) old 2019 textures and edm files (chinaassetpack, f-86f, viggen, f-16, f-14 etc.) to _download/coremods folder while it said: scanning.
When I realized what is happening it already downloaded 100GB completely unnecessary, (already in the coremods folder) existing files to my close-to-full drive.
CANCEL 💥

Strange .. mine updated with no issues

autoupdate_log.zip

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

14 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Strange .. mine updated with no issues

autoupdate_log.zip 28.45 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks
BTW: is there a command for the updater-shortcut to download only new files without/prevent scanning all of my drives/files ? Without downloading/updating (again) whole DCS with the same-old-existing files ?
ps.: my DCS works impeccably (till now)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

BTW: is there a command for the updater-shortcut to download only new files without/prevent scanning all of my drives/files ? Without downloading/updating (again) whole DCS with the same-old-existing files ?
ps.: my DCS works impeccably (till now)
Download and use Skatezilla's excellent launcher app. I never had any issues when updating with it. I have never had the updater scanning unless I did a repair.
For some strange reason, it almost sounds like it did both a repair and an update at the same time.
If I were you. Get the launcher, do a repair, and then do an update.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Download and use Skatezilla's excellent launcher app. I never had any issues when updating with it. I have never had the updater scanning unless I did a repair.
For some strange reason, it almost sounds like it did both a repair and an update at the same time.
If I were you. Get the launcher, do a repair, and then do an update.
Cheers!

Frankly, my DCS is a vanilla-virgin-DCS 😄  I don't (it does not) need a repair but a customizer-updater-command (no scan: only update) for the updater-shortcut would be nice 👍

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

2 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Can't wait to test these:

• VR. trees and some objects render in the left eye before the right and it creates a shimmering effect - fixed.
  • DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

• Updated AIM-7 parameters to synchronize with DCS changes.
  • Fixed Autopilot altitude hold fluctuation after several re-engagements.
  • Adjusted TID, TID Repeater and HSD display brightness for better visibility in direct light / above OVC.

now if you can apply the same tree fix to power pylons please @BIGNEWY

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Surface AI. Group Dead trigger not functioning for naval units. Fixed for ground and naval units. The unit is considered dead in agony starts.

^ this is defo my favourite fix for this weeks patch

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Frankly, my DCS is a vanilla-virgin-DCS   I don't (it does not) need a repair but a customizer-updater-command (no scan: only update) for the updater-shortcut would be nice 
Well, I assumed it was broken because it started a scan while updating for you. It never does any scan for me unless I force it to.
Just tested with an update of my Stable install. Using said launcher.
Cheers!

Regarding this FIX:

• VR. trees and some objects render in the left eye before the right and it creates a shimmering effect - fixed.

Finally! Congratulations (1,5 year since 2.5 with this bug). I´m glad to see that was finally fixed.

However glowing bullet tracers continue renders different between L and R eyes, and some explossion / fire effects.

KR

Edited by Gryzor

• ME. The wingmen onboard numbers will be automatically incremented from the leader number.

I wonder what this means. As far as I know this has always been the case already. Or am I missing something here

Impressive patch list by the way :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Did some of the Marianas fixes not make it in?

DCS: Marianas by Eagle Dynamics

• Seabed in the Apra harbor is improved -- not sure what this is referring to, I'm not seeing any changes, and Apra harbour is still only a metre deep, far shallower than it is IRL.
  • Unique buildings of Summer towers and Beach garden hotel are added -- these are in, and looking fantastic! :thumbup:
  • Rota airport texture looks different from area around - fixed -- I'll have to see a comparison, as personally I haven't noticed it.
  • Trans World Radio Guam LOD issue - fixed -- indeed it has been, and looks brilliant now, unfortunately many of the other towers still have LODs that only make them visible very close, though pretty much all of them are inaccurate (such as all of the NDBs, Superrock KYOI on Saipan, the cellular tower near Saipan's abandoned PACBAR III RADAR, the communications towers, light and electrical transmission pole at Orote point and the NOAA trasnmitting station on Mount Tapochau on Saipan).
  • Many fixes with bad looking terrains close to roads -- personally, I haven't seen a change, Saipan's death road is still there and there are still a huge amount of issues with the geometry around roads. In general the geometry could do with a lot of work, there are plenty of errors and inconsistencies compared to real life.
  • Tree at the end of Orote Field is removed -- indeed it has :thumbup:
  • Some sport fields are not flat - fixed -- the ones I've seen seeem so far seem to be :thumbup:
  • Improvements to underwater textures close to the shore -- personally, I haven't seen the difference, they're still quite low-res when flying low over the coast, up high they look fine. However, it would be great if we could get the proper 3D bathymetry here.
  • New quick start missions for the UH-1 added -- Looks to be 3 instant action missions, so yep :thumbup:

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

3 hours ago, sirrah said:

I wonder what this means. As far as I know this has always been the case already. Or am I missing something here

Impressive patch list by the way :thumbup:

I remember it was in the past (long ago) then it was removed (with 2.7 I think) and I am glad it is back. 

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

Did some of the Marianas fixes not make it in?

DCS: Marianas by Eagle Dynamics

• Seabed in the Apra harbor is improved -- not sure what this is referring to, I'm not seeing any changes, and Apra harbour is still only a metre deep, far shallower than it is IRL.
  • Unique buildings of Summer towers and Beach garden hotel are added -- these are in, and looking fantastic! :thumbup:
  •  

Apra to me appears more dark (deeper) than it used to. 

Summer Towers?, c'mon, could be much better, the estate isn't only about towers but also surroundings, landscape, architecture, but hey, a free product, right. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Apra to me appears more dark (deeper) than it used to. 

Hmm, not seeing the same thing, and the ME/F10 map still says its only a metre deep, when the real thing is mostly 12-30.

The map could also do a lot better when it comes to bathymetry in general - it's a shame because apart from the Marianas and the Caucasus, each map has fairly accurate bathymetry (well accurate to the included charts that is).

4 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Summer Towers?, c'mon, could be much better, the estate isn't only about towers but also surroundings, landscape, architecture, but hey, a free product, right. 

Personally, I'll take it, especially considering that so many landmarks and other things that are almost completely absent.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Hmm, not seeing the same thing, and the ME/F10 map still says its only a metre deep, when the real thing is mostly 12-30.

The map could also do a lot better when it comes to bathymetry in general - it's a shame because apart from the Marianas and the Caucasus, each map has fairly accurate bathymetry (well accurate to the included charts that is).

Personally, I'll take it, especially considering that so many landmarks and other things that are almost completely absent.

• Pillboxes & abandoned tanks
  • Numerous buildings on the coast of Guam
  • Saipan's abandoned PACBAR III RADAR
  • Power stations
  • NCTS Barrigada has the circular patches for antennae but no antennae
  • Lights/Buoys

Yes, you are right. A truck form the convoy I attacked just drove into the water then and was half submerged. Well, one day, maybe. 

With regards to the landmarks, those should be modelled with great detail and accuracy, otherwise why would you even mention it? How difficult was it to add sports fields for example? 

image.png

Nevertheless I am grateful for what we have got, and I only wish ED further improves this stunning map. 

• Like 2

@Gierasimov I agree, I'm just saying that I'd rather have what we have than nothing at all, given the above (either completely absent or completely wrong). Otherwise yeah, I completely agree.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

System:

J-15 skin for Su-33? Liaoning must be close by Deka I reckon... 

19 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

I remember it was in the past (long ago) then it was removed (with 2.7 I think) and I am glad it is back. 

Oh really? I never even noticed that this feature was removed. Ah well.. Good thing it's back 👍

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Another great thing that came from wishlist - set ATC silent mode - finally makes built in ATC not disturbing mission designed comms or human controlled ATC in MP.

As for Marianas I don't wish to see more unique buildings but rather anything resembling the RL objects. If it's big hotel then just put tall building there, for powerplant put a factory and a smoke stack, for old radar a simple dish will suffice but don't put a villa there instead. Keep the high accuracy for military stuff.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Tried out latest patch this last weekend. I know there was a patch note on a change to the rendering of trees and buildings, I can't exactly tell this specific change but overall I felt the sim is performing better and looks better (in VR). Hard to describe but everything seems more solid and clear. Running my own benchmark scenario I can see that the performance was very good. Great work ED!

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 1:15 PM, Hoirtel said:

Tried out latest patch this last weekend. I know there was a patch note on a change to the rendering of trees and buildings, I can't exactly tell this specific change but overall I felt the sim is performing better and looks better (in VR). Hard to describe but everything seems more solid and clear. Running my own benchmark scenario I can see that the performance was very good. Great work ED!

The change was in regards to different LOD textures being shown in left and right eye. It also affected other things, like supercarrier crew etc. That caused a "shimmering" effect, and the sensation of things being less solid, and uncomfortable to look at. Now it's the same in both eyes, and as you say, the world is much more solid. A very much by me appreciated fix!