DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Keep this thread for discussing patch notes please

No patch today, as soon as I am given the go ahead I will update the patch status post with the patch information. 

thank you

• Like 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Keep this thread for discussing patch notes please

No patch today, as soon as I am given the go ahead I will update the patch status post with the patch information. 

thank you

there was an expected patch today? Most of us didn't think we would get one until 29-9-2021- or 27-10-2021? because we read into the private party response was told to hold off?

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

there was an expected patch today? Most of us didn't think we would get one until 29-9-2021- or 27-10-2021? because we read into the private party response was told to hold off?

If you get asked as many times as I do you would think we have a patch everyday 🙂 

Many users assume any Wednesday is a patch day, as it is our preferred day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think maybe it would be enough to be clear and since we have not known anything for a month, say: guys let us work this month and we will have the next update maybe at the end of September ... that's all

publishing news, videos and novelties make people greedy .. but then nothing is said in terms of release times ... this greatly increases the tension and interest ..

thx

• Like 3

• ED Team

Hi all,

the patch is planned for this week. 

We had some problems to overcome not related to the mossie but to the patch itself.

thank you for your patience. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

not related to the mossie

I wonder if that implies an initially planned release this week. On the Steam page the countdown was still running this morning, but now it doesn't even have a date at all. However, since we don't even have a FAQ yet in the mini updates & FAQ thread and we haven't got a "go get it 30% off, until it's too late" hint, my guess is we'll have to wait a bit longer anyway.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

26 minutes ago, Eldur said:

I wonder if that implies an initially planned release this week. On the Steam page the countdown was still running this morning, but now it doesn't even have a date at all. However, since we don't even have a FAQ yet in the mini updates & FAQ thread and we haven't got a "go get it 30% off, until it's too late" hint, my guess is we'll have to wait a bit longer anyway.

BIGNEWY said on Discord that the Mosquito is planned to be in this patch, so hopefully a release this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• ED Team

We are planning a Friday patch this week which will include the Mosquito. 

Thank you for your patience 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

31 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

We are planning a Friday patch this week which will include the Mosquito. 

Merlin music to my ears :)

• Like 2

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

7 minutes ago, Ebphoto said:

I sure hope they release the patch today or tomorrow with the Mosquito! Really looking forward to the twin engine WWII action! Every patch has been adding more & more awesomeness to an already awesome simulator!!

Scroll five posts up.

I wonder if the damage model for The Channel model includes all landmarks or just the prison?

Once it said "Amiens Prison that includes a comprehensive structural damage model"

Then it said: "Destruction models have also been added"

Or is it normal destruction to all structures and "comprehensive" for the prison? Anyway, looking forward to put some 30mm and rockets from Hind there. 

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

2 minutes ago, bigalsunit said:

Water improvements?

At this point it would be perfect to see the "planned release notes", right? So that we don't need to suffer another 24 hours. 

Fortunately there is plenty to do in the sim right now (or in life if anybody has it outside of DCS).

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team

Please wait for the patch notes for confirmation of features and fixes, we will post them tomorrow ( Friday 17th) just before the patch is released 

thank you

• Like 4

No, it is like in a line in the Black Friday -- now I can stop hitting the Update button like crazy.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.