DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

12 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Well, in theory Vulkan should launch this week: it’s been announced for Q3, and there has been no official statement about a delay 🤔

Ha, I belive that when I see it 😄

(Or in other words: I absolutely do not see Vulkan happening this year)

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

(Or in other words: I absolutely do not see Vulcan happening this year)

In other other words, if Vulcan was coming within [fairly long period], they'd be showing it off every second of the day and shouting it from the rooftops.

• Like 7

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

1 hour ago, Tippis said:

In other other words, if Vulcan was coming within [fairly long period], they'd be showing it off every second of the day and shouting it from the rooftops.

This.  And don't get your hopes up for the dynamic campaigns promised this year either.  Nor the fixes for the terrible AI that makes almost every mission completely unplayable.

But there SURE will be more new early access modules for everyone to buy 🤨

Edited by dmatsch
  • Like 1

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, dmatsch said:

This.  And don't get your hopes up for the dynamic campaigns promised this year either.  Nor the terrible AI fixes.

But there SURE will be more new early access modules for everyone to buy 🤨

Please stop it with the "promises", any work or features we share with you are plans, we have to be flexible in development. As soon as we are ready to share news we will on any feature we have planned for 2021. 

thanks

And this is the patch note discussion, please keep it for the patch notes. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

36 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

Monday patch, now im curious :juggle:

It's been updated to the 29th now, but my guess is there are some hotfixes to be released.

• Like 3

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please stop it with the "promises", any work or features we share with you are plans, we have to be flexible in development. As soon as we are ready to share news we will on any feature we have planned for 2021. 

Yeah, I imagine work would be going much smoother had COVID not kept ya's from the office space (Intranet > Internet/Cloud). Still loving the work that is getting done though 🙂

• Thanks 3

On 9/27/2021 at 11:17 AM, QuiGon said:

(Or in other words: I absolutely do not see Vulkan happening this year)

The real question is, which comes first?

a) Vulkan (multi-threading, RTX and stuff) to DCS
b) A DCS: Tornado module

c) Actual end of the pandemic

d) Affordable, reasonably priced, unscalped GPUs

e) Half-Life 3

f) Der Heiland

Well, I think the answer is: Yes!

Disclaimer: Good things take time in the oven. We'll know in time and as always, everything subject to change. It's OK the way it is and DCS has made good progress especially in the past few years.

Actually, we got adjusted engine spool times for the 404s in the 18 a patch ago and I totally missed that on the notes while trying to read them. So tiny, so great! No more "404: Spool time not found" memes down in the groove rdlaugh.png

Edited by Eldur
  • Like 5

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

7 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

Pew Pew!

Seems it was mostly hotfix stuff after all.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

3 minutes ago, ricktoberfest said:

What happened to the f16 changes that wags mentioned? Are they in but just not mentioned?

As Enduro14 said, these are most likely slated for the big October patch (2.7.7) which will be on October the 13th/14th (going by HB).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I don't understand why ED asked Heatblur to postpone their major update planned for today to October 14.  For....this?! 🧐 🤷‍♂️

My assumption was that ED would not want 3rd party content to interfere with anything major planned on their side, to give them time to see if their update is running. This hotfix is sobering, to put it mildly. 😐

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

I don't understand why ED asked Heatblur to postpone their major update planned for today to October 14.  For....this?! 🧐 🤷‍♂️

My assumption was that ED would not want 3rd party content to interfere with anything major planned on their side, to give them time to see if their update is running. This hotfix is sobering, to put it mildly. 😐

Yes, as also someone else mentioned above, it's probably because ED want's to wrap up some loose ends as preparation for the next bigger update. Therefore they wanted only hotfixes in todays patch and not new potential bugs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

This hotfix is sobering, to put it mildly. 😐

Let me be that pun guy now then rdlaugh.png

Drinking game: Take a shot everytime you read "crash" on the patch notes ajmug.png

Jokes aside, fixing crash issues is pretty importanat, but I also expected a little more this time. Not that big of a deal though as there's a "real" update slated for in two weeks™.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg