DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

It completely depends on the bandwidth you've got available.
Bandwidth is usually given in MBit/s, but a more usable unit would be MByte/s, where 8 Bit = 1 Byte, 8 MBit = 1 MByte and so on.
So for a 100 MBit/s fiber connection, the absolute top speed you could expect would be 12.5 MByte/s.

Snip...

Correct except B = Bytes and b = bits.
So MegaBytes and Megabits.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Stuck at 23% initial loading screen for a long time...I guess it is recompiling the textures, etc.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

261 😪
Here is the end of the download and DCS is unfortunate. hangs at the second window just before the one that gives the list of what we want to do (mission, quick mission, etc.) so I do a repair to see if it will work after (first time it happens to me)

1 hour ago, St4rgun said:

Just tested several "instant action" missions with aircrafts / helis with my Reverb G2 in VR with the following settings:

• OpenVR FSR ("renderScale": 0.75, "sharpness": 0.75, "radius": 0.5),
  • DCS no MSAA, PD 1.0
  • SteamVR beta (forced DX11, resolution per eye 120%, motion smoothing ON)
  • 10700k 32 GB with only GTX 1070 (!).

The results in short: BEST visuals to date.

I'm kinda impressed. I got a 5800x and a 1080, but I can't run the G2 at over 60% RPE without the fps dropping hard down well below 45. At 100% I'm looking at around 20-25fps at best with drops down the teens, would never dare to set it even slightly beyond that. Have tried that FSR thing as well (the thing thrown into the \bin folder), absolutely no difference either visually or in regards of performance. Your post kinda makes me want to try a higher res again with the new patch fsgrin.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

F-14 bindings wiped out.  Was able to load my VKB stick fine but Virpil throttle is FUBAR with some bindings but not others...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

F-14 bindings wiped out.  Was able to load my VKB stick fine but Virpil throttle is FUBAR with some bindings but not others...
This is quite usual when they change keybinds isn't it?
But thanks for the headsup, I'll just delete and redo mine!

• Like 1

GM mode, in F-16. Expand, doppler offset, DB1, DB2, enhance, freeze.

BWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA . . . clouds what clouds???????????

I can target anything in A2G . . . TGP (TPOD) what is that?

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I'm seeing something really strange happening...

I have a sensor panel running (Aida64) so I can keep on eye my system on a little lcd screen... and normally in game (any) the GPU clock (AMD RX5700XT) is all over the place hunting up and down as it ramps up then goes back down, making a nice little wavy pattern on the graph... now normally I have noticed that DCS is way more stable than the other certain other big heavy GA flight sim (which the GPU clock goes all over the place with), but still goes up and down quite a lot in short bursts...

BUT now after this update, that clock speed is ROCK SOLID  in DCS, as in very, very steady. The most I saw it move was around 5-10Mhz over a long space of time. That graph is now just a flat line!

Thought it might be something else, so hopped over to that other game and it was behaving as normal (crazy all over the place). Back in DCS land and the clock speed is very steady!

I was thinking (before I noticed the graph) it seemed smoother and fps more steady... might have been the imagination, but overall I hope the steady clock equates to smoother performance and less gap between min, avg and max fps (although I'm guessing that will still be scene/view related).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick_17 said:

Maybe, but trust me, you'll notice it right away. It's freakin' gorgeous.

Screen_211020_192607.png

And looks like new bow wave effects too! I haven't downoladed yet but they are in the Forrestal trailer. ED thanks for the core game update, great job!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eldur said:

I'm kinda impressed. I got a 5800x and a 1080, but I can't run the G2 at over 60% RPE without the fps dropping hard down well below 45. At 100% I'm looking at around 20-25fps at best with drops down the teens, would never dare to set it even slightly beyond that. Have tried that FSR thing as well (the thing thrown into the \bin folder), absolutely no difference either visually or in regards of performance. Your post kinda makes me want to try a higher res again with the new patch fsgrin.png

Okay, I would be proud if I could reach the mighty 45 fps with this 1070.... 😃

Sometimes I can reach it up high at altitude, but normally I have 22-23 fps on the ground at airports and 30-33 fps airborne. The latter is perfectly fine (for me at last) with motion smooting, because the head movement NEVER stutters. No more motion sickness and nausea or headache... BTW at 22 fps the head movement is still silky smooth, only the world movement is worse at close distances.

Before this patch these settings were also smooth, but now the visuals are much better with the same settings.

I suppose they changed the lighting and a lot of shaders now, and some LOD loading as well. For me this looks much better now.

• Thanks 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

1 hour ago, ouky1991 said:

And looks like new bow wave effects too! I haven't downoladed yet but they are in the Forrestal trailer. ED thanks for the core game update, great job!

New water effects appear to come at some small cost in fps (unsurprisingly) but carry the plus of still looking very good a medium settings (read MUCH better than the old ones at ANY setting) and which, from my limited mucking about, gets the fps back plus a bit more (great for me and my ageing, vsync bound system). Bow wave and wake effects are much better and the overall appearance, as already mentioned, is greatly improved. 

Forrestal is also great but, after SC, misses the added interest of an animated crew which is a real shame given the  talent and effort put into it. I hope something can be worked out with ED in the future. 

EDIT - seems the new patch has dented performance for me with a busy SC deck limping in at around 10-15 fps less than the last patch even with lower water settings. 

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Is the new water model available only to The Marinas or is it available to all? I am using Shader Mods, so I may not notice it.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

The water and zero shimmering at msaa x4 is amazing!!! Great performance too. 
No shimmering? You mean just on the water presumably , as the general shimmering in VR has not improved. At least not for me.
  • Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

3 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

It's more about security and privacy. I would not simply route my whole internet traffic over someones server because some YT video said so.
Just want to avoid people hacking this in when they got no clue what they do and the possible consequences. Using an alternative DNS is not bad per se, but one should dig a bit into the topic and pick a trustworthy service.

DNS doesn't handle traffic exactly...  It only translates human readable website names into IP addresses so your system can find the content it's looking for.  That said...  If you typed something. objectionable. com into a web browser the DNS you have set would/could take note that you requested the IP address of that site...  But that's not diverting all traffic to the server.  Only the fact that you asked directions to a specific site.

I whole heartedly agree with your comments about digging a little and finding the right DNS for you for sure ;)...

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

12 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

Is the new water model available only to The Marinas or is it available to all? I am using Shader Mods, so I may not notice it.

What do you expect when you are using mod that is made for version before these shader changes?

Yes, it works on every map. Stop using outdated mods.

Edited by Blinde

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

What did you expect? That it would magically appear? It's kinda hard to work on before the prerequisites are released you know. emoji4.png

Dumb response, obviously we don't know if they are already working on this, unless it is you that is doing such updates?

Edited by Convexrook

zprwsp-6.png

1 hour ago, Boosterdog said:

New water effects appear to come at some small cost in fps (unsurprisingly) but carry the plus of still looking very good a medium settings (read MUCH better than the old ones at ANY setting) and which, from my limited mucking about, gets the fps back plus a bit more (great for me and my ageing, vsync bound system). Bow wave and wake effects are much better and the overall appearance, as already mentioned, is greatly improved. 

Forrestal is also great but, after SC, misses the added interest of an animated crew which is a real shame given the  talent and effort put into it. I hope something can be worked out with ED in the future. 

EDIT - seems the new patch has dented performance for me with a busy SC deck limping in at around 10-15 fps less than the last patch even with lower water settings. 

Delete FXO and Metashaders2 folder, i was with less performance (a lot) but after deleting the shaders folder (as usually do after an update but not after today patch) everything back to normal to me. I have much better VR performance now with this update. Better frame timming, so, no visible stutters.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Dumb response, obviously we don't know if they are already working on this, unless it is you that is doing such updates?

Be that as it may. Google can be your friend. And then you will find out that no response on this has been given. I saw your other post.

22 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Delete FXO and Metashaders2 folder, i was with less performance (a lot) but after deleting the shaders folder (as usually do after an update but not after today patch) everything back to normal to me. I have much better VR performance now with this update. Better frame timming, so, no visible stutters.

I do it that every patch and after any config alteration. Sadly the patch has tipped my old rig over the side when it comes to carrier ops. Unless I want empty decks. Which I dont.  Im not complaining. I think its a good patch but as Im dependent on vsync and was already balancing on 60 fps with my old I5/GTX1080 its tanked me on deck to 30fps in the F14 which beyond my tolerance graphically. Fine for most other things (outside of the channel) but hey ho.  

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.