DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

8 minutes ago, drack said:

Normally there's at least a bit of fanboy/girl hype going on with this thread

at patch day!

What's going on???

OK then......

Let's hope some new stuff for the mozzy and pilots legs for the F16.

Yeah 👍😁

My best guesstimate for the lack of the usual patch thread "F5 F5 F5! OMG! I'm going crazy!" hype, would be:

Most are holding their breath on the AH-64D release and most know that won't be included in this patch 😅

I really hope you're right on the pilot legs (my Viper will stay gathering dust until it transforms from a QF-16 to a proper F-16CM 😛) 
But unfortunately, according ED's roadmap, the pilot body seems to be last in line on Viper improvements

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Personally I'm most enthusiastic about seeing all the AI fixes

Especially this one is making me very happy:

• AI aircraft make wild maneuvers to reform - fixed.

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

If anyone wants to see the changelog, here we go: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.7.8.16140/

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

All patches are welcome!

• Like 2

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'm quite disappointed by the improvements made to the Mi-24P since the beginning of September.
Apart from the arrival of the Ataka missile and the correction of a few bugs we haven't seen much.
At this rate I'm afraid it will take years to complete the module (hopefully one day).
I don't know what this is due to, probably some explanation or explanations, but it looks like Alexander's team is already busy on something else...too bad.

• Like 2

Excellent news ref the Flak units.  Thanks for fixing them 

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Razorback said:

I'm quite disappointed by the improvements made to the Mi-24P since the beginning of September.
Apart from the arrival of the Ataka missile and the correction of a few bugs we haven't seen much.
At this rate I'm afraid it will take years to complete the module (hopefully one day).
I don't know what this is due to, probably some explanation or explanations, but it looks like Alexander's team is already busy on something else...too bad.

Patience, fact is development takes time, the HIND is already in good shape and more work and tweaks to come. The team are not machines, but they are working as hard as they can. 

thanks

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 11/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, gulredrel said:

Looks like the stable changelog on the website (DCS 2.7.7.15038 - 03.11.2021) is a copy of the old stable changelog and not the merge of the latest open beta changelogs

DCS 2.7.7.15038 Open Beta - 28.10.2021 and DCS 2.7.7.14727 Open Beta - 20.10.2021

Regards

Jens

@BIGNEWY stable changelog problem is still there, could you please fix this as soon as the OB hype has settled a bit 🤣

19 minutes ago, Cab said:

The F-14 forum should light up anytime now

This what Cobra had to say on hoggit:

Just a quick update; after the last very large update and cycle for the F-14, we're not entirely in sync with the patch schedule and opted to not ship any changes with this update. There are a few ugly issues (especially related to night lighting) we intended but failed to include, apologies for the wait.

We're currently hard at work on a major Viggen patch and key updates to the F-14 and the Forrestal based on initial feedback. 🙂

EDIT: And it's live!

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

Patience, fact is development takes time, the HIND is already in good shape and more work and tweaks to come. The team are not machines, but they are working as hard as they can. 

thanks

Thx for your reply Bignewy,
I'm sure that's the case, but when you're passionate, especially about this machine, you always hope to have the improvements that are "still in progress" with each update.
It might be interesting to have an idea of the team's priorities as well as a (brief and approximate) timetable of future achievements.
Example:
- Petrovitch voice: Q2 2022
- Kord in cargo: Q1 2022

• Like 1

• ED Team
37 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Thx for your reply Bignewy,
I'm sure that's the case, but when you're passionate, especially about this machine, you always hope to have the improvements that are "still in progress" with each update.
It might be interesting to have an idea of the team's priorities as well as a (brief and approximate) timetable of future achievements.
Example:
- Petrovitch voice: Q2 2022
- Kord in cargo: Q1 2022

you make it sound like no work was done, this is from todays changelog 

DCS: Mi-24P Hind by Eagle Dynamics

Improved:

• 9K113 ATGM guidance control unit gyroscopic stabilization modeling improved after new analysis and comments from SME. Leads to more stable operation within gyroscopic system limitations.
  • Petrovich AI flight routines improved including:
    • Nap of the earth flight
    • Vertical takeoff and landing (command by setting altitude to zero for landing and adding any altitude above zero for takeoff, in the interface. Note that Petrovich will put gear down/up automatically and hold brakes automatically after landing)
    • Hovering – Petrovich will hover more like human now
  • Petrovich AI ATGM align maneuver during hover was reworked and with new gyroscopic stabilization changes short time alignment is possible to stay in hover after launch. If ATGM align maneuver is ordered while in hover (HVR mode) Petrovich will shortly pitch down to align with target for ATGM launch, operator task is to hold the launch button after alignment was ordered as launch authorization will be short (1-3 sec). After a short pitch down and alignment Petrovich will return to hover. It is advised to order ATGM align in hover after the course was adjusted to suit direction to target. Also, it is advised to order hover ATGM align to distant targets as angle to close targets may be too steep. (Known issue: after first ATGM alignment order Petrovich stops reacting to short UP command to change course, will still react to ATGM align order. Temporary workaround: after setting course for Petrovich interface HSI with short UP, switch mode with short LEFT from CBTM to HVR and Petrovich will react and adjust course, then switch back to CBTM).
  • English localization of pilot’s cockpit input commands (WIP).
  • Main rotor pitch indicator needle movement smoothened

Added:

• Forward cockpit windshield aiming reference marker that can be toggled in special menu settings. (It corresponds to 0 degrees of depression for PKI)

Fixed:

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here's a question, though maybe this is better suited to a dedicated thread, but now that we have an actual FAB-250 (FAB-250M-62), shouldn't the other FAB-250 be renamed to OFAB-250-270, as that's what the model seems to depict?

The same also goes for the FAB-100, which is depicted as an OFAB-100-120.

For anybody wondering FAB- bombs are general purpose bombs, but OFAB- bombs are fragmentation bombs.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

System: