DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

• ED Team
Looks like a very nice patch. Really looking forward to the improvements to Hornet TGP and Bf 109 sounds, hope the download will be quick cuz I can't wait to check that out.

Still, I'm a little disappointed that there aren't more changes to the numerous missions and campaigns that aren't working atm. A-10 default campaigns, A-10 Stone Shield, some A-10 single missions like CSAR, Huey UN campaign, some Huey single missions, Ka-50 Deployment campaign, a truckload of tutorials, just to give you a few examples. The sim is lacking singleplayer content anyway and at the moment with a lot of modules half of it is broken in some way.

Some of these issues take like five minutes to work around when you have some knowledge with the ME, like mission five in the Huey UN campaign which for me makes it hard to understand why this doesn't get fixed.

I know that you have a lot of stuff to do and are most likely putting a lot of time into the supercarrier atm, but in my humble opinion these things should get more attention. Imagine a new player who gets his first module just to find out he can't finish the one campaign included, does some research and realizes the bug has been there for months or even years.

Sincerely,

Bonzo :pilotfly:

I have been testing fixes for the UN campaign, it is lower priority but we should see fixes soon.

Mission 5 landing has been fixed

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yet again, the eternal question...

Why do users on Stable have to wait months and months and months for simple fixes like

F-5E Aggressors BFM Campaign, F-5E Aggressors ACM Campaign, F-15C Aggressors BFM Campaign and F/A-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign by Maple Flag:

Removed unused units and replaced them with static models

The Enemy Within 3.0 Campaign by baltic Dragon:

Mission 2. Fixed missing encounters / chatter in Zone Delta if player didn't stop the convoy in Charlie

Mission 17. Fixed problem with the convoy carrying HVA refusing to move

Mission 21. Updated Predator's callsign (Popeye instead of Pontiac in remarks page)

Is it absolutely necessary to get the updated Night Lighting/Super Carrier module etc working before that huge chunk of your user base gets some simple DLC fixes?

Edited by jasonbirder
Format changes relating to quotations

Airbag_signatur.png

Sadly, the patch has made no difference to the poor VR performance introduced by 2.5.6 that is being experienced by a lof of - not all - people. CPU times still through the roof. It's a ground objects thing, I feel. As largely only happens when flying over airports or on the ramp.

I'll post images on the main thread for that topic.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263525

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team
Sadly, the patch has made no difference to the poor VR performance introduced by 2.5.6 that is being experienced by a lof of - not all - people. CPU times still through the roof. It's a ground objects thing, I feel. As largely only happens when flying over airports or on the ramp.

I'll post images on the main thread for that topic.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263525

Please feedback in the relevant bug thread, we are aware and working on FPS.

We have worked on memory leak issues first as a priority and more tweaks are to come.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hahahaha, :thumbup:

Quigon,

So it isn't strange,you wanna the coca-cola composition for create your own one?

Share is good in some cases, but Pikey needs all the details, need the composition, this is impossible. Happy to explain things to you

This is very narrow minded Yoda1875. You assume that we can't find out, that it's hidden and that for some reason it's a coca-cola secret. No one wants or is asking for the compiled C code, we want to know the areas that have been changed so we can be more effective in our testing back to ED. Being focused to faster find and report issues in YOUR product.

It's not a secret what they give us, it's the product itself. We get it, we use it and we find the issues plain as day. It's not unreasonable to simply say that "we refactored statics in the global mission environment to report to the namespaces of airbases better". It doesnt say what the code is, we don't need either the exact code they changed or the compiled code, just the areas they meddled with so we can check them, so that Open Beta is actually tested properly. Because it sure as hell isn't tested properly before it arrives, and the proof of that is in history. Any Lua changes are open code anyway. What ED currently do, is throw us a black box mystery every week and let fall over, then we troubleshoot why, duplicate our seperate efforts, report it multiple times it back, bury the forum and real issues in noise and mess, plunge moderators into frenzies, which costs us ALL time that could be avoided by having a reasonable data led approach. Remember we give them problems, they demand data like tracks and steps to reproduce? Well THEY give us problems too and we get none of the same courtesy back:

Nick Grey, 1 month ago:

We run approx 4.7 Mio lines of code which is only ten times less than Windows OS and with a DCS core programming staff of only 23 guys, we are hundreds of times fewer proportionally than the Windows team at Microsoft. In addition to this, we run 30 plus products, many of them from third parties. They too are tiny operations who simply can't afford to do what our community achieves in a matter of hours, which is break the code. This is what Open BETA is for, it is a Beta, and I know it might sound weird but please hear this: we count on you and you count of us. We do our best and so do you. Our community begs for improvements early and we react as fast as we can: deliver fast, fix as fast as possible, enhance fast and repeat.We truly enjoy a symbiotic relationship with our community, regardless of the upsets and frustrations. Our organism depends on you the way our bodies depend on our microbiome. Without it we die and when we die the microbiome dies.

Symbiotic does not mean equal, fair, intelligent or optimised. We have a completely one sided approach where ED do not discuss the majority of changes with us, yet we are completely open and detailed about what we find, in the SAME FORUMS. But the burden is on individuals working on their own without any clue as to what is coming.

I'm asking we be efficient about this process, not for more QA. There is nothing wrong with being efficient and not wasting people's time.

Might I remind everyone:

• ED are not just asking for our help, they need our help in testing
  • They have one of the most complex sims/applications out there with a large codebase
  • They currently provide one of the shortest and abbreviated change lists of any game developer in the public eye
  • They opted for the open development model to all our benefit
  • They frequently never mention new complete features, fixes or known issues, despite mentioning 'some' (got see the unofficial post for hidden features)
  • We don't need a list that says "Cow in, textured, Cow texture broke, Cow now removed" more something like Refactoring X feature, added placeholder paratrooper event, added kill events, changed event ID's, changed airbase ID's.
  • Their customer base is actually a few pegs up the evolutionary tree, folks capable of recalling multiple complex processes, talking whilst listening to two conversations and operating a simulation jet with reasonable accuracy simulataneously
  • There are bundles of developers writing code, creating content, textures, models for their game

Nothing I asked for was unreasonable, impossible, never been done before, or breaches a covenant. Everything I asked for benefits everyone, even if the average next Starfighter pilot couldnt care a less what even a static is or why airbase ID's are relevant, this is the start of where things get fixed and the speed with which it is done so that servers and missions and future missions and modules and content is better, faster.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hells yeah. Good to hear the memory leaks are getting fixed - i was close to buying another 16GB but i wasn't comfortable with that. Less memory leaks will equate to far better RAM management.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

This is very narrow minded Yoda1875. You assume that we can't find out, that it's hidden and that for some reason it's a coca-cola secret. No one wants or is asking for the compiled C code, we want to know the areas that have been changed so we can be more effective in our testing back to ED. Being focused to faster find and report issues in YOUR product.

It's not a secret what they give us, it's the product itself. We get it, we use it and we find the issues plain as day. It's not unreasonable to simply say that "we refactored statics in the global mission environment to report to the namespaces of airbases better". It doesnt say what the code is, we don't need either the exact code they changed or the compiled code, just the areas they meddled with so we can check them, so that Open Beta is actually tested properly. Because it sure as hell isn't tested properly before it arrives, and the proof of that is in history. Any Lua changes are open code anyway. What ED currently do, is throw us a black box mystery every week and let fall over, then we troubleshoot why, duplicate our seperate efforts, report it multiple times it back, bury the forum and real issues in noise and mess, plunge moderators into frenzies, which costs us ALL time that could be avoided by having a reasonable data led approach. Remember we give them problems, they demand data like tracks and steps to reproduce? Well THEY give us problems too and we get none of the same courtesy back:

Nick Grey, 1 month ago:

Symbiotic does not mean equal, fair, intelligent or optimised. We have a completely one sided approach where ED do not discuss the majority of changes with us, yet we are completely open and detailed about what we find, in the SAME FORUMS. But the burden is on individuals working on their own without any clue as to what is coming.

I'm asking we be efficient about this process, not for more QA. There is nothing wrong with being efficient and not wasting people's time.

Might I remind everyone:

• ED are not just asking for our help, they need our help in testing
  • They have one of the most complex sims/applications out there with a large codebase
  • They currently provide one of the shortest and abbreviated change lists of any game developer in the public eye
  • They opted for the open development model to all our benefit
  • They frequently never mention new complete features, fixes or known issues, despite mentioning 'some' (got see the unofficial post for hidden features)
  • We don't need a list that says "Cow in, textured, Cow texture broke, Cow now removed" more something like Refactoring X feature, added placeholder paratrooper event, added kill events, changed event ID's, changed airbase ID's.
  • Their customer base is actually a few pegs up the evolutionary tree, folks capable of recalling multiple complex processes, talking whilst listening to two conversations and operating a simulation jet with reasonable accuracy simulataneously
  • There are bundles of developers writing code, creating content, textures, models for their game

Nothing I asked for was unreasonable, impossible, never been done before, or breaches a covenant. Everything I asked for benefits everyone, even if the average next Starfighter pilot couldnt care a less what even a static is or why airbase ID's are relevant, this is the start of where things get fixed and the speed with which it is done so that servers and missions and future missions and modules and content is better, faster.

+1 So much this, we could work on testing the correct stuff if ED actually gave us a more detailed change log,

or is it that stuff gets changed by coders,t no but the coders at ED knows what was changed ?, which is more worrying

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Please feedback in the relevant bug thread, we are aware and working on FPS.

We have worked on memory leak issues first as a priority and more tweaks are to come.

thanks

Thanks BN, as I said in my post, I did post in and link to the relevant thread.

Thanks for the update!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team
Thanks BN, as I said in my post, I did post in and link to the relevant thread.

Thanks for the update!

Thank you :)

Anyone able to test the latest patch yet? Did you see performance improvement?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team
Hey ED, how about fixing those carrier issues with F-14? Cat launches are still messed up and AI can't launch or land. It's been like this over a month now. Can't really blame Heatblur for this.

We are working with HB on the issue, but could not fix it for this patch.

Thanks

Why do users on Stable have to wait months and months and months for simple fixes like

Is it absolutely necessary to get the updated Night Lighting/Super Carrier module etc working before that huge chunk of your user base gets some simple DLC fixes?

I'd like to know this too?

Has the stable version got the new A-10C cockpit?

Buzz

This comment should be required reading for everyone who ever says if you don't like game breaking bugs in Beta you should be on Stable.

How is the VR performance after today's patch?

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

a few things I noticed in the last 20mins missing from the change logs:

Statics renaming themselves to "Ammo" constantly - FIXED

Airbase ID numbers returning incorrectly - FIXED

All my initial tests ran well. I think Player ID's may also be fixed now.

This only leaves the DCS: Cow so far.

Why don't ED celebrate their successes more? It's not trivial to fix stuff.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• ED Team
a few things I noticed in the last 20mins missing from the change logs:

Statics renaming themselves to "Ammo" constantly - FIXED

Airbase ID numbers returning incorrectly - FIXED

All my initial tests ran well. I think Player ID's may also be fixed now.

This only leaves the DCS: Cow so far.

Why don't ED celebrate their successes more? It's not trivial to fix stuff.

Pushing hard for cows, but they are giving us problems lol

This comment should be required reading for everyone who ever says if you don't like game breaking bugs in Beta you should be on Stable.

How is the VR performance after today's patch?

The same performance as previous 2.5.6 iterations. Caucasus its unplayable, it sames something related with high CPU usage and terrain loading (huge stutter when use TV sensors maverick or TGP, looking to the horizon).

it looks like the F-16's external model has been finished. In this update he received new skins. Thank you ED!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

not a trace of "playerID fixed" in changelog???

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The same performance as previous 2.5.6 iterations. Caucasus its unplayable, it sames something related with high CPU usage and terrain loading (huge stutter when use TV sensors maverick or TGP, looking to the horizon).

I think it’a not a bug or cpu issue. It’s the new graphical engine DCS 2.5.6 so ED will probably not able to change this (or to go back in 2.5.5)

I think it’a not a bug or cpu issue. It’s the new graphical engine DCS 2.5.6 so ED will probably not able to change this (or to go back in 2.5.5)

There is no new graphical engine in 2.5.6. A new updated graphic engine must come with vulkan, sincerely I hope seeing at least vulkan implementation this year.

Hey ED, how about fixing those carrier issues with F-14? Cat launches are still messed up and AI can't launch or land. It's been like this over a month now. Can't really blame Heatblur for this.

The Datalink in the F-16 also ..

I swear my HSD was showing me the message: "I don't feel loved :-((" last time I flew.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline