DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Cheeky ED, hiding the one I was waiting for all the way in the back...

«Corrected lights in the cockpits of next aircraft: Yak-52, Su-25, Su-25T, MiG-29, A-10A, F-86F, L-39C, L-39ZA, A-10C, MiG-15bis, P-51D-25NA, P-51D-30NA, TF-51D, UH-1H, F-15C, F-5E»

Don't get your hopes up now how to fire mav's vid by wags yet

No MAVs for Viper or anything else for that matter. :(

Edited by cabzi

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

Loaded up my go-to testing mission for Viper "Offensive Basic Fighter Maneuvers". Shot two AIM-9Xs, 2 AMRAAMs and full belt on MiG 29 and the sucker just keeps on flying. I don't know if I should laugh or cry, but now I know 100% sure that ED or beta testers or whatever don't give a flying f*ck, how this module operates.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

Loaded up my go-to testing mission for Viper "Offensive Basic Fighter Maneuvers". Shot two AIM-9Xs, 2 AMRAAMs and full belt on MiG 29 and the sucker just keeps on flying. I don't know if I should laugh or cry, but now I know 100% sure that ED or beta testers or whatever don't give a flying f*ck, how this module operates.

I did the same: the first Su-27 ate 6 missiles and kept going... I was about to write a bug report for it...

*edit*

bug report here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4379436#post4379436

Edited by Elysian Angel
added link for bug report
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Corrected lights in the cockpits of next aircraft: Yak-52, Su-25, Su-25T, MiG-29, A-10A, F-86F, L-39C, L-39ZA, A-10C, MiG-15bis, P-51D-25NA, P-51D-30NA, TF-51D, UH-1H, F-15C, F-5E

I wonder if those are FC3 after all... icon_question.gif

SLAM TOO data from TPOD can be transferred to PP (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=277031) - fixed

That link leads to a classified source...

Add The sounds for throttle (throttle lims/throttle transition from Idle to Off and back/from mil to AB and back)

Nice to have some aural feedback here. But I guess I keep looking at the things and see if that M is in between the back line of the throttles icon_redface.gif

Adjusted pitch trim actuator rate

I wonder what they did there... does it take more or less time to trim a certain amount?

Added Supercarrier version for cold start Cage the Bear campaign - thank you Kaba! (replaces old carrier cold start version)

Fixed wind direction in Debridging the River Inguri SP and COOP mission

This is awesome! Having to experience the content that's out already without the SC while having it is kinda... underwhelming.

Adjusted suspension to prevent the tires digging in below the ground

Hope that actually reduced the weird rolling wobble on the takeoff roll...

HUD intensity corrected for non FC3 aircraft

The must.

MP. More fixes for server list empty if IPv6 is disabled in Windows

Good to know, I mostly didn't get all server until I MiG28ed the list at lease three dozens of times. IPv6 is never going to establish anyway... it's been there for ages now and still literally everything does run off of v4. And since v6 still is in early access with more than enough problems here and there, it's usually being disabled anyway.

AJS-37 and JF-17 spawned in Senaki hangars with wrong heading - fixed

Interestingly I had that issue with the Jeff just once. And TBH, with the Viggen it was but a feature! One that I really liked... fsgrin.png

Improved DCS startup time

Now you made me really curious! I guess this is awesome, isn't it? dealwithit.png

Edit: fixed quote tags. Pasting in WYSIWYG can be pain...

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I was hoping to get back in the Viggen after the lighting issues. No sure about the improvements though. But I do like the amazingly improved DCS startup time!

y4m9533V4sQgqlJwdLPulBSvgqbhZHr9f5FoHQuhn5JciBvmqRXQjl6kdAAKLH41O4DjFl7-25G6wiSDATV_z0hhoxcfmIrsGG3u7nIz9QbKA0lvFOBonZdK4w4XOKzR2blDrUaEonMz5H88kAMZZ-lK7QuNdB5DSzoUrESX9O7gskMjudXqIRaBRKmNYEO8kdyb88pAWcyfpOqv28uOCFqjQ?width=1007&height=4328&cropmode=none

[DCS 2.5.6.50726 Open Beta]

I had a gain of about 4 to 5 FPS with this update.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Usually after a SHORT period of time of rigorous testing you move the release OUT of Beta...

...getting tired of spending massive amounts of $$ for a perpetual BETA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a former systems admin you should know

a) how compiling a build version works and why this often breaks things that were fixed, or worked fine

b) how modern software development works with agile paradigms and continuous improvement/development cycles.

That's why there is an OpenBeta branch. For those who are willing to accept the disadvantages coming with Early Access to participate in the development process. This means, try new features, send crash logs, give feedback and help creating a better product.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Reverting to 2.5.5

Is there any way I can revert to version 2.5.5 of DCS? Because I am getting tired of waiting a full year for ED to fix the most basic stuff and break everything else in the process. You pay money and cant even fly or use the products properly.

It’s the least of our problems. The bots are now immortal and the radar doesn’t work except in ACM. How about that? :megalol:

I wanna get my hands on the version ED is using to test things. It sounds like a completely different game. lol

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer: