DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

At the top of your screen is a button labeled ''search''. It's for this sort of thing, but it doesn't provide the satisfying spectacle of a yowling cat, so thank you for using ''new thread'' instead.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The loadup time fix is massive. I went from somewhere 2:20-3:00ish down to 1:20 on first and just 0:35 (!) on subsequent launches. Actually feels like having the thing on an SSD now. That's a very big improvement when having to restart DCS a few times to get things sorted or when trying to troubleshoot some issues.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

yep agreed the load times are massively improved I had 45 seconds from cold and both WMR and steam VR off

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

yeah, now I can load DCS much faster just to run into all the bugs. If THAT isn't an improvement :lol:

C'mon ED, PLEASE listen to what people suffer from. At least once.

The horrible bug (or is it a feature?) with the cockpit lights needs a fix. Everybody expected it to come today. But nooooo....

The Viggen as an example is unusable now. And for that module I DID pay money so I demand it works.

Oh, and for the fanboys - please stay away with the usual "it's beta" rubbish. With a game like DCS (being in "early release" state always and forever) you don't have a choice but using the OB.

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

I made a quick test and the path finding of AI ground vehicles is much improved, still not perfect but much better than before.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Oh, and for the fanboys - please stay away with the usual "it's beta" rubbish.

Dont worry, I dont even bother to argue with the whiners, just place them on ignore straight away :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

yeah, now I can load DCS much faster just to run into all the bugs. If THAT isn't an improvement :lol:

C'mon ED, PLEASE listen to what people suffer from. At least once.

The horrible bug (or is it a feature?) with the cockpit lights needs a fix. Everybody expected it to come today. But nooooo....

The Viggen as an example is unusable now. And for that module I DID pay money so I demand it works.

Oh, and for the fanboys - please stay away with the usual "it's beta" rubbish. With a game like DCS (being in "early release" state always and forever) you don't have a choice but using the OB.

I'm part of the set of everybody, i didn't expect it, nor as far as i can tell was there any promise that from ED, that that fix would be in this patch... where did you get your expectation from?

Oh and it is Beta ... and there is the ignore button :)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• ED Team

Hi all

we have reported the issues to the team and they are discussing and working out what went wrong. At this point a hot fix is being considered and as soon as I know more I will let you all know.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Appreciate the update... tweaking goes on in OB which is fine. Although the pit lighting was less than bright in daytime, which is fine by me cuz usually don’t need it in DT, the modules I fly looked great at night. As well as external lighting. I am sure it will all be tuned in due time. I just hope they don’t regress to much with that. Sure makes spotting easier day and night.

But Hey, If people are termed “Fanbois” for being positive, supporting ED and saying so...I suppose that labels the disgruntled as “Fangoils”. Or just “FanGurls”, cuz they don’t appear to actually be fans at all. Maybe aliens, I dunno.

I don’t actually mind being labeled as such as I remember the old days and how far ED has taken us. Pretty amazing if you look back in time. So many things we wished for back then are here. So thanks ED, please continue.

And to BIGNEWY & NINELINE, you guys do a great job, keep up the good work. Appreciated.

Megohm aka “Fanboi” Sheesh I think I will paint that on my F18 CAG skin.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Sigh - the only 'update' to the F-16C Viper module that wasn't a fix for what ED broke with last patch..

Added french F-16 localization

:huh: :dunno:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all

we have reported the issues to the team and they are discussing and working out what went wrong. At this point a hot fix is being considered and as soon as I know more I will let you all know.

thanks

Thank you. There is quite a lot of good progress in these last few builds in some areas (lighting, performance) so don't get too discouraged by all the new bugs. We'll get there :-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hi all

thanks

Maybe they stop adding new content for a week or to to fix big problems. They already added so much in previous months.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Thank you. There is quite a lot of good progress in these last few builds in some areas (lighting, performance) so don't get too discouraged by all the new bugs. We'll get there :-)

The F-16C seems to be the worst affected by these failed updates despite receiving barely none improvements. If only these bugs weren't game breakers like broken CCRP, broken LGB and now broken missiles...

I'm starting to think that someone in the team needs to be shown the door, or perhaps a visit to the HR.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Open beta bruh

Stable isnt some magic version. Its just an old version of open beta and the fact that beta is always broken explains why stable never gets updates amd when it does... surprise it has the same bugs that were in open beta at that time.