DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I hope the damage model gets fixed as well. Anyway, thank you for the prompt response ED!

I keep reading of people having a problem with damage. I'm not seeing it. All the IA missions I've flown in the Hornet and Spit have been OK. One AIM-9 missile and targets go down.

Can you give me an example of a mission that doesn't work for you?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I keep reading of people having a problem with damage. I'm not seeing it. All the IA missions I've flown in the Hornet and Spit have been OK. One AIM-9 missile and targets go down.

Are you sure you are on Open beta. Did you really update?

Are you sure you are on Open beta. Did you really update?

I'm definitely on latest OB and I also had no issues in the Hornet with shooting down AI aircraft with the aim-9x yesterday evening

(Radar however was indeed broken)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'm definitely on latest OB and I also had no issues in the Hornet with shooting down AI aircraft with the aim-9x yesterday evening

(Radar however was indeed broken)

Just fire up the Hornet Aim-120c mission qualification mission. Shoot down the incomming bad guys, see how is the result. If you can take down any of them with one missile, then maybe your files aren't updated. Repair your DCS, you shouldn't miss out on features.

Just fire up the Hornet Aim-120c mission qualification mission. Shoot down the incomming bad guys, see how is the result. If you can take down any of them with one missile, then maybe your files aren't updated. Repair your DCS, you shouldn't miss out on features.

You might have misread our posts. imacken and I were talking about the aim9, not aim120

Haven't been able to fire any amraams, because I didn't manage to get a radar lock. Let's hope today's hotfix fixes that

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Some perspective on the whole quality issues that people are complaining about - during the last weeks and months I got to play a lot of CoD-Warzone with friends thanks to the whole corona-mess.

You would expect things to go relatively smoothly there since there are some big names / experience and some big money behind it. The truth is that no other game has pissed me off as much with regard to bugs and glitches, and that´s in a AAA(?)-game which is being released to a far bigger community. Does anyone remember FO76...? I´m sure there are more examples...

I´ve been on board this DCS-train for ten years now, since the A-10C beta, and even if there are issues that annoy me and there are things I still wish for, I have confidence that it is a much better product today and that issues with one partch are NOT what makes or breaks its future. We even survived the Kickstarter-mess from 2013 (or whenever that happened) - something I was reminded of the other day when I got my „free“ license key for the P-47.

The key with DCS is that you have to think more towards the long term...

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Have a look here to see the issue.

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

It's good to remember that closed testers are not robots but humans. I can imagine that a lot of testing has gone to p-47 and channel map. If you don't expect a bug breaking what ever is broken now, it's possible it will slip through.

And they are planning to patch it today. You can say that I don't have years of frustration with dcs. You are right and maybe because of that I can see things differently. Like upu said dcs is not the only game with bugs etc. But if they patch dcs today, I can say that they sure are fast in that regard.

What a bunch of drama. Sheesh.

A lot is very good about this patch. It does load right quick, it looks good, and runs faster than the previous version.

The borked damage might very well be because damage is being rebuilt. And that my friends is a good thing.

So lets not all cry all negative like eh, its not like you're stuck with this version forever!

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

As in RL...

Any pictures of that? Just curious :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

ddi l/r and the mfd, as in sunlight the text is unreadable

One day...

I prefer the F14's glare effect on the DDI's to the F18's.

The quicker load times are nice. Saves me waiting for the Windows "Time Out" message...:thumbup:

Overall the beta's have been ok... considering it is Beta..

I hope one day they combined the OB and Stable into just one version, and just give a Roll-Back button for emergencies...We need to combined the split communities... Numbers make an MP game... :)

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

A lot is very good about this patch. It does load right quick, it looks good, and runs faster than the previous version.

The borked damage might very well be because damage is being rebuilt. And that my friends is a good thing.

So lets not all cry all negative like eh, its not like you're stuck with this version forever!

I tend to agree.

Exactly!

Hotfix has already been announced for today

And aside from that.. reading through these forums would almost make one think that DCS is a total wreck. Which is definitely NOT true. Some of us (myself included) have always been able to enjoy DCS. Sure, sometimes things that worked before, get broken after a patch. But in the end more things get improved and added, than things get broken.

Maybe some people here are only flying one specific aircraft, but for those that own more modules, there's always stuff to enjoy.

"Oh dear... Stuff in the Viper isn't working after this patch... the hornet radar isn't working..."

Really... Just get over it and enjoy any of the other modules.. there's always plenty that still work great. I flew the hornet yesterday and had a blast. Hmm radar not working? Ah well, let's do some air to ground then

System specs:

Isn't the key issue with current OB version being essentially unplayable...that the last stable release (DCS 2.5.6.49798 ) essentially unplayable too (at least for Single Player users - the overwhelming majority of users)

It is possible to go back and find a version of stable that works (I've rolled back to DCS 2.5.5.41371) and presumably OB users can find a point to roll back where there is a "sweet spot" of maximum functionality and minimum game-breaking bugs

BUT a) that option isn't available to Steam Users and b) is it REALLY acceptable that to obtain a normal gameplay experience on a suite of software that typically costs hundreds of dollars in total (for most users) you've got to wade through multiple old releases to find an (obselete) version you're happy with?

Airbag_signatur.png

These sure will not be a 100% professionally correct cause I don’t know the platform sw structure. But my humble thoughts are based on the experience as a previous C++ software test&integration engineer on complex multifunctional service platforms and 23 years of IT experience.

Before this latest update, Leatherneck announced new cabin textures and geometry corrections. As a Mig-21 enthusiast and DCS: Mig Sukhoi Redfor Pilots group admin I announced at the group. Many people updated. Cause I did know that it needs a very big overhaul and not working correctly. People messaged me about the problem at cabin textures not working at all. I feel responsible to them. Luckily I didnt have time to update for myself but I dont feel good about it.

I’m pretty sure that Leatherneck tested it on the previus beta release on their hands but “their addition” should and will run on the latest package with other vendors’ contributions. What I mean is, they couldn’t test it on the real load and as always we see in “multi-contributed” platforms, probably different sw packs cracked each other.

How I came to this conclusion? Cause it is very obvious that they (every vendor) do not want to release this patch with this broken state. I dont believe that Leatherneck wanted to release this update with this state, or the others.

So WHY we face these problems. I’m guessing;

1. Maybe different module vendors does not want to give info or pack to each other to test because they do not have information security aggreements with each other for sw codes. So ED must test the package as a platform owner.

2. Or ED tests each pack individually and does not make functional sanity tests at latest package before release to see if the different packages effect each other or not. Of course they can not test all functions of all modules everytime but even the latest update list is not working when they come together as a release.

3. Or Even the vendors does not test throughly their own updates on their load of previous beta, cause almost all of us run on “beta”...But I dont think this might be true.

4. Or there is not a test procedure, test platform specs or anything about test standard.

5. Or SW platform is near to crack and bleeding from many points and not stable to give same results everytime on different windows platforms with different memory hardware configurations.

I must say that the “product sanity sw testing” is not the underdog of sw industry as well as DCS platform. As we see like the latest Microsoft release failures, if you don’t make real “tests” and use the ai to test individual code parts and use community as a test group, this becomes an unfair trade.

You can not say “This is Beta” when you launch, trade and release all new features and modules on “beta”. Or change the release procedure and release all major updates on stable.

I dont get paid for making tests and correcting the game install and spend my time spared from my family time after a hard working day. I must admit that I love this platform and I like spending time on it but this is the truth.

This is a great platform and we love it, thank you ED for it. This is not an easy job, I know it well but I think it needs some attention from the integration testing point of view.

Thank u for your time if you’ve read this till the end.

• ED Team
Isn't the key issue with current OB version being essentially unplayable...that the last stable release (DCS 2.5.6.49798 ) essentially unplayable too (at least for Single Player users - the overwhelming majority of users)

It is possible to go back and find a version of stable that works (I've rolled back to DCS 2.5.5.41371) and presumably OB users can find a point to roll back where there is a "sweet spot" of maximum functionality and minimum game-breaking bugs

BUT a) that option isn't available to Steam Users and b) is it REALLY acceptable that to obtain a normal gameplay experience on a suite of software that typically costs hundreds of dollars in total (for most users) you've got to wade through multiple old releases to find an (obselete) version you're happy with?

While we did drop the ball on this patch, the open beta is a public testing build, and things will break in this build on occasions.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I really don't understand how OB 2.5.6.50726 would be unplayable...

Played for 3 hours yesterday evening and had a blast!

But I'll let it rest (maybe I'm just being too much of an optimist)

System specs:

• ED Team
I really don't understand how OB 2.5.6.50726 would be unplayable...

Played for 3 hours yesterday evening and had a blast!

But I'll let it rest (maybe I'm just being too much of an optimist)

Good to hear you managed to enjoy it last night.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

While we did drop the ball on this patch, the open beta is a public testing build, and things will break in this build on occasions.

thanks

My point was the latest STABLE build is essentially unplayable for Single Player Users...

Unless anyone wants to volunteer and tell me which Missions/Campaigns aren't broken by the AI Taxi and Ground Unit AI pathfinding bugs...

So if OB is borked (at least its getting a hotfix today) and Stable is borked (no remedy timetabled according to YOUR post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4330717&postcount=1 )

You're left with rolling back to an old Legacy version to play on BOTH OB AND Stable aren't you...is that REALLY acceptable for an expensive suite of software?

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team
My point was the latest STABLE build is essentially unplayable for Single Player Users...

Unless anyone wants to volunteer and tell me which Missions/Campaigns aren't broken by the AI Taxi and Ground Unit AI pathfinding bugs...

So if OB is borked (at least its getting a hotfix today) and Stable is borked (no remedy timetabled according to YOUR post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4330717&postcount=1 )

You're left with rolling back to an old Legacy version to play on BOTH OB AND Stable aren't you...is that REALLY acceptable for an expensive suite of software?

We have updates and we fix issues, constant development cycle. When we know a date for the next stable version the AI issue will be resolved, as it is already in open beta.

I appreciate you dont like the development cycle here, we have discussed it many times.

Thanks

We have updates and we fix issues, constant development cycle. When we know a date for the next stable version the AI issue will be resolved, as it is already in open beta.

I appreciate you dont like the development cycle here, we have discussed it many times.

Thanks

Its not so much the development cycle its that the latest stable update might be STABLE (In that it doesn't CRASH) but it has introduced critical problems that make it essentially unplayable for Single-Player users (Who presumably are a a large majority of stable users) forcing a roll back to a legacy version...SP users are going to be flying Missions, flying Campaigns...by definition they're not going to be spamming AMRAAMS in Airquake - so if their content doesn't work, if AI doesn't work, if Ground Units don't work - what do you expect them to do?

The latest Stable release is essentially a pretty buggy OB release (without the benefit of any potential fixes short/medium term)

If you're only going to update Stable every 6 months...SURELY there's an expectation you'll use those 183 days to ensure when you do release it - it WORKS...

Airbag_signatur.png

I have been working in IT for a while and the only thing i can't understand is... why the stable version is everything but stable ? I can understand that dev take time, that nothing work like expected etc. However, the point to deliver a beta AND a stable version is to make sure that stable has been tested and works fine. How can people understand that the 101 mission of the 101 M2000c campaign is wrecked because a truck is breaking the nose of the elements aircraft ? you cannot be serious on this. Again, the fact that the stable version takes time to be updated is fully understable, but please don't deliver a such bugged stable version.. this is really a non sense as you have the beta version to test and perform improvements. Of course it's not a big deal, its just weird and annoying