AI ignoring speed

• ED Team

Can you attach a simple mission showing it and I will take a look.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

It looks like the lead slows down while the remainder get into trail formation, once they are in the formation his speed increases.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It looks like the lead slows down while the remainder get into trail formation, once they are in the formation his speed increases.

In my original mission that doesn't happen for at least 2 minutes. In this one I didn't measure, but it takes a LOT of time. Is there a workaround I can use? Those MIGs are supposed to be escaping, but their flying like sitting ducks ruins the mission.

OK, more tests:

You're righ,t he's waiting for the others to join up. BUT: it doesn't happen for at least 2 minutes, I checked, and even after that, it doesn't accelerate to 600 knots as specified for WP3. Also, the AI formation never catches up. I've reported it a few times, all AI planes have a really hard time staying in formation at high altitudes, and they lag behind. So it's a catch 22. The leader won't accelerate until the formation catches up, but they can't.

I changed the mission to have only 1 MIG + a flight of 3 with a "follow" task. They keep up better, the leader doesn't slow down, but he still doesn't accelerate to 600 knots.