Coronavirus sale?

falcon_120

I'm not kidding actually... given that the south of europe is very close to total quarantine and all around the world the recommendation is to stay at home as much as possible, and that other game producers are already starting with this idea, I thought of bringing it up here.

In my case if there is a sale I will get at least the 3 new warbirds (bf109, spitfier and dora)...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capitalising on a pandemic leaves a bad taste on the mouth no matter which way you spin it.

If ED want to do something to help out with all the people stuck at home I say throw out a few more free test drives and host a bunch of MP events.

For example they could do a Red Flag event and a free NTTR weekend, Free Hornet and Su-33 and an event when they release Marianas etc

U could flip the argument, that trying to keep the kids at home, might be a good idea.

But it is controversial.

Then again big capital in general has no remorse trying to get our money. Not Saying ED in any way but just in general.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm being pragmatic, with or without sale, with or without free weekend, you are not doing any good or bad to the current situation, there is no correlation any where to be found. But given that people will be more prone to stay at home these days, you might have a win win situation, ED get some more sales they wouldn't get these days and we get a bit more fun, that cannot hurt anyone.

You could buy at normal price of course, but a sale is for sure a good driver to pick a module you were considering at some point.

I hope i have not hurt any sensibilities, not my intention for sure. I just read this morning about some game publishers starting this kind of initiative.

I'm being pragmatic, with or without sale, with or without free weekend, you are not doing any good or bad to the current situation, there is no correlation any where to be found. But given that people will be more prone to stay at home these days, you might have a win win situation, ED get some more sales they wouldn't get these days and we get a bit more fun, that cannot hurt anyone.

You could buy at normal price of course, but a sale is for sure a good driver to pick a module you were considering at some point.

I hope i have not hurt any sensibilities, not my intention for sure. I just read this morning about some game publishers starting this kind of initiative.

well said sir :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wuhan-400 sale... not bad.

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

Seems in poor taste to me, but not enough to make me really care. If ED does do this though, please really give a lot of thought to PR. You don't want to look like your trying to capitalize on a pandemic. It's not a coronoavirus sale its a since you all are trying to avoid the public sale. Obviously someone in marketing can phrase it better than me but you get the idea.

"Try before you Die"

(sorry, I know that's in poor taste and can be deleted right away, but that's what came to mind when I read the request "Coronavirus sale" - so yes, in-poor-taste requests beget in-poor-taste replies).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

"Try before you Die"

(sorry, I know that's in poor taste and can be deleted right away, but that's what came to mind when I read the request "Coronavirus sale" - so yes, in-poor-taste requests beget in-poor-taste replies).

I might be going to hell for it but I got a good chuckle out of that.

"Try before you Die"

Oh lord XD, ok i laughed hard at this.

And regarding the title of the thread, its intentional, sorry but i'm a bit of a black humour type of guy, not tailored for really mature minds :p.

• ED Team
"Try before you Die"

As for me - I like the slogan. We have to laugh. :)

IMG_20200313_111655.thumb.jpg.e1d6ae03b33c641c46fd48016e688de6.jpg

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I don't really see anything in poor taste. Given that a lot of people are going to be homebound as the world economy grinds to a halt - I think offering a discount to loyal ED customers to be able to buy a module on sale is actually a good gesture. Now if they jacked the prices to take advantage of the crisis - that would be in poor taste. Offering a discount or a sale is just the opposite. Its not like the stuff isn't currently on sale during the coronavirus crisis right now.

ED, I say go for it. I think its a good move for the community.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I don't really see anything in poor taste. Given that a lot of people are going to be homebound as the world economy grinds to a halt - I think offering a discount to loyal ED customers to be able to buy a module on sale is actually a good gesture. Now if they jacked the prices to take advantage of the crisis - that would be in poor taste. Offering a discount or a sale is just the opposite. Its not like the stuff isn't currently on sale during the coronavirus crisis right now.

ED, I say go for it. I think its a good move for the community.

Agreed. A competitor just announced a sale right now due to the recent events. I'd rather buy a DCS module at this time though.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

how about a 9/11 sale in September? No this is in REALLY bad taste and can backfire phenomenally.

This would be in the news with front page backlash. ED's name would get thrown in the mud for good.

I would hope nothing like this would even be considered.

This would be in such poor taste, I don't think it's even been considered anywhere else.

how about a 9/11 sale in September? No this is in REALLY bad taste and can backfire phenomenally.

This would be in the news with front page backlash. ED's name would get thrown in the mud for good.

I would hope nothing like this would even be considered.

This would be in such poor taste, I don't think it's even been considered anywhere else.

That's not true though. Another sim is doing a "stuck at home" promotion. I don't think there has been a backlash from that.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

That's not true though. Another sim is doing a "stuck at home" promotion. I don't think there has been a backlash from that.

Well then that is all the proof I need!

ED should market this with a gamer in full hazmat suit with a headline:"While people around you die, you can be in the pilot's seat!" -not serious

If ED wants to promote a spring sale, go for it! But marketing the sale with any reference to current situation is just stupid and completely tasteless.

"Try before you Die"

Golden :megalol:

Go copyright that, right now!

Btw some other flight simulation has gone that way, but without a funny slogan.

ED should respond by an extended free week for the modules on Steam or something along those lines.

Not feed on a pandemic. That's poor thinking (that makes money, yes, but does it make a great company?).

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

OMG the political correctness of today's society makes me sick. Bad PR? Someone sitting at home playing a new DCS title and not going out could technically literally save a life. While people are busy building a home cockpit out of their excess toiletpaper, might as we give them something to fly in it.

Edit: Regardless of how you feel toward the situation, countless peeps are stuck at home, either forced, suggested, scared or otherwise, again regardless of personal feelings towards it, it is a reality. In such a circumstance, I would imagine sales would naturally go up because of the situation, people looking for something to do and all. Offering a discount during this time likely wouldn't increase sales, it would be offering relief to folks in that situation. How on earth could that leave a bad taste!? If you think simply throwing things on sale magically increases revenues and profits, you've lost your mind, might as well permanently leave things on sale.

I guess if manufacturers of masks and TP offered a discount at the moment, that would leave a bad taste in your mouth as well? Unreal.

Edited by Vanguard

Well, as sick as it sounds, I can use a good sale too...

PS: There should be extra item like a full face gas mask or something... "Stay in your cockpit and wash you hands!" or "Wash you hands before you eject!" or sometihng...

Edited by mastershotgun