Coronavirus sale?

falcon_120

Take the F-15 and Su-27 - sale still on

Many people are being told to self isolate who cannot work from home. Also think of all the businesses that are being forced to close - all bars & restaurants in Spain as just one example. Many people will be at home, many not getting paid.

Right, so we need a sale.

Su-27 and F-15 are on sale right now :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Threat in one word

Disgusting!!!

:thumbup:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Il-2 Sturmovik has a "cabin fever" sale that is tied to ones

account, its a sale for already customers, so its not an open sale.

I dont see any harm ED doing the same.

Stay safe, stay indoors, fly a plane.

HP Reverb, Warthog Flight Stick and Throttle, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Playseat racing chair

1080ti, i7-7700, 32ddr4

why so serious

Who cares, just another thread showing what's wrong with the world lol. Customers fighting to not have a sale. There's no end to the white knights. OMG ED, please don't offer us a sale, I'll pay full price I promise. My selfish situation has me working from home with full pay, I don't care about the others. I have lots of TP too. Just unreal. Who the hell would label a video game sale a panic buy!? Whatever your smoking, I want some... any relief from the real world and joining the one your living in sounds amusing for the short term.

i think that something in the lines of the f-15 su-27 free weekend would be a great step towards the people that can only stay at home... in my dreams would be like, for each country affected by coronavirus, ONE free airframe of your choice, free for a month/two

pleeeeease :P

I dont see any harm ED doing the same.

Stay safe, stay indoors, fly a plane.

It seems a fair question. Obviously needs handling sensitively not to be twisted as trying to take advantage in any way but could be a genuinely nice thing to do in a very difficult time for many people who will be at home with a lot more time on their hands and little in the way of entertainment given the cancellation of most events.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

This thread hits most of the key concerns.

I feel DCS is struggling with the current challenges that COVID-19 has created, just like all companies and places of work are adapting.

Hard to ignore the fact that millions of people are home and limiting contact in the hope of reducing risk of spreading the virus.

Re: A special Sale. The easiest thing DCS can do is start the Easter Sale early.

Another option is to release the Supper Carrier in its current Alpha to give customers a reason to stay home and explore the new ship and features. Maybe a short term release and all the bugs it would expose can help the development team squash issues sooner.

I am sure Eagle Dynamics will consult with their mentors and coaches and will make a good decision. (Hopefully it won't take two weeks)

Cheers and be well.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/coronavirus

Dunno if you can log your efforts but perhaps Airmiles in return for every hour putting our very overpriced GPUs to some other good use when we are not putting them to DCS use.

Nvidia Wants Gamers to Fight COVID-19

Enthusiasts typically use their graphics cards to play games, mine cryptocurrency and use creative tools. Nvidia asked them to branch out yesterday by lending their GPU's power to Folding@home projects related to novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).

So what is Folding@home? Its organizers describe it as "a distributed computing project for disease research that simulates protein folding, computational drug design and other types of molecular dynamics" on its official website.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-wants-gamers-to-fight-covid-19

"Team DCS". Don't know if it exists.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

I remember when the PC rags were all making a big thing of folding back in the early noughties - I never had the GPU power to do it back then (and my PCs were old defunct things, too) but I had no idea it was still going.

IIRC they used to give away prizes to the geeks who folded the most hours a month. I say"geeks" because it wasn't just gamers and I can't think what to call computer users in general... :music_whistling:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

considering the name cockpit is a macabre joke comparing pilots to expendable chickens in a blood sport.

i would save your anger and disgust for something else.

macabre humour is in the very essence of the simulator.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Some people here are ridicoulus, stupid or both, in addition to totally unable to discern really uncivic behaviors with this. Some of us request an action which in itself and if anything at all, just helps people to stay at home, hurts no one, and even helps ED to earn some money needed in a halt to the world economy situation and they criticize in the name of a purposedly poorly chosen title trying to get some laugh out of a quarantine, just to call it disgusting (#facelpalm).

So just to know it, what is exactly wrong with the request apart from the title? Are sales not allowed in difficult times? How is selling a videogame taking advantage of a pandemic? Some people here are making it look like i'm suggesting to store medicines and food to re sell it at twice the price. We are talking of a VIDEOGAME here, just in case anyone forgets. Even if somehow they decided to call it coronavirus sales (which obviusly they would not), whats wrong about that?

Can you name just one thing in which they aren't actually helping get somebody distracted in a quarantine? They are actually doing a great thing by re-scheduling a sale. I've been 3 days recluded at home and i still have at least 12 more ahead if not more... Dont you dare evil ED and evil people to suggest a sale that lets me gets a bit more distracted... oh my gosh...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Edited by falcon_120

Some people here are ridicoulus, stupid or both, in addition to totally unable to discern really uncivic behaviors with this. Some of us request an action which in itself and if anything at all, just helps people to stay at home, hurts no one, and even helps ED to earn some money needed in a halt to the world economy situation and they criticize in the name of a purposedly poorly chosen title trying to get some laugh out of a quarantine, just to call it disgusting (#facelpalm).

So just to know it, what is exactly wrong with the request apart from the title? Are sales not allowed in difficult times? How is selling a videogame taking advantage of a pandemic? Some people here are making it look like i'm suggesting to store medicines and food to re sell it at twice the price. We are talking of a VIDEOGAME here, just in case anyone forgets. Even if somehow they decided to call it coronavirus sales (which obviusly they would not), whats wrong about that?

Can you name just one thing in which they aren't actually helping get somebody distracted in a quarantine? They are actually doing a great thing by re-scheduling a sale. I've been 3 days recluded at home and i still have at least 12 more ahead if not more... Dont you dare evil ED and evil people to suggest a sale that lets me gets a bit more distracted... oh my gosh...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

THIS^^. Some people are SO overreacting to the suggestion of a sale. I get that nerves are on edge and the world has gone to Sh*t is many places. But a legitimate and valid way for people to deal with crises like this is to use humor. Calling it "disgusting" completely misses the point. Given that there are actual companies out there price gouging on critical items and clearly taking advantage of the situation for pure greed, putting out a suggestion that a company offer a DISCOUNT to possibly bring a bit of joy to folks stuck inside is certainly nowhere near the threshold of "disgusting". Its not even in the same universe, much less ballpark as what is actually going on out there.

My suggestion for some of you humor challenged individuals is to go find a pair of needle nose pliers and attempt to extract the panties from your person that are clearly bunched into a ginourmous wad.

Just saying.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I'd be more inclined to call it STOP eating bat sale.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/coronavirus-origin-chinese-blogger-filmed-eating-bat-soup-breaks-silence-c-668143

This is not good, but it could be WAY worse with all the animals collected from around the world and put into small rooms. Not just China's wet markets.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

This hurts me as a consumer, but helps ED...

I bought modules BECAUSE I am stuck at home irrespective if they were on sale... Just saying...

Though you COULD convince me to purchase more..

To others points, it would be kind of tasteless to market it as a 'virus sale'

Maybe something like ... I dunno Im not really good at marketing , but there probably IS something clever to do

Edited by station2station

System Specs:

Intel 8700K (Factory Clocks) / NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080TI

Corsair RGB 32GB @ 3600MHZ

Samsung 970EVO M.2 OS Drive / 2 x Samsung 960EVO SATA Game Drive (DCS and STEAM)

Phankteks Enthoo Evolv TG w/ something like, 9 case fans now...

Alienware 34" AW3418DW (with 120HZ and GSYNC)

Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster MFD

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitch G35 Mic

TrackIR5

Corsair keyboard/mouse

A10C,FA18,F14,Viggen <3,F16,Spitfire, NTTR, Persian Gulf,SuperCarrier

Before most of the western countries will force everyone to stay at home.

I think that is already happening....

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Staying at home doesn't mean I need to play video games because there's nothing else to do. So I'd like a sale to get modules cheaper.

Of course we all love that hobby and ED/DCS but that instant logic doesn't sound like the brightest. Just my opinion, obviously.

A dedicated thread with the links and details for Folding@Home and similar projects might be interesting for those of us who have powerful computers.

#Imboredgimmesales

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Yup. Good move. Being prisoner at home for 2 weeks maybe a month from today but still get paid lol. Unfortunately I have almost all DCS jet modules except the Viggen and its not participating in free trial, darn......

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Having something to focus on other than the news could be seen as a positive thing in the current crisis.

Encouraging people to spend a few hours distracted by DCS could be good for their mental health, as well as helping ED in a difficult time.