Ka-50 AI

remi

Is anyone else's AI completely useless?

In the deployment campaign, they won't help out with targeting air defenses, tanks, APCs, etc. Even if I ask them to recon, they don't know how to fire missiles. :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just flew a short solo mission a few hours ago and the AI wingman actually helped me spot AAAs (by heading to their location following my "Attack ground targets" order).

Daytime, fair weather and good visibility. Just the two of us.

I can't say I've seen it engaging the hostile though.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Ok… so after more failed experiments, I have no choice but to confirm that the AI is utterly incompetent.

Even my flares make better decoys.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

The ai in DCS overall is horrible not just the KA50. I remember as a test setting up ONE Fw-90 AI loaded with fuel and on easy against me and one expert ai. He dominated us. Then I added 2 wingmen, then 3 then 4 and eventually threw in some triple a. We were obviously shooting marshmallows and all of his were "golden bbs" each hitting a critical system or headshot.

It's best to go solo and setup flight plans and just join in and "pretend" to be part of the pack.

• 2 months later...

The useless wingmen situation is totally wrecking the Black Shark experience for me now.

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

Haven't you guys heard?

They want you to buy the F/A-18, F-16 and Supercarrier now!

Who cares about the KA-50 or any RedFor aircraft, right?

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Haven't you guys heard?

They want you to buy the F/A-18, F-16 and Supercarrier now!

Who cares about the KA-50 or any RedFor aircraft, right?

I have F18 and Super Carrier, I got bored flying the F18. Ka50 is more fun and challenging to fly... but I'm also getting bored now with the ka-50

I tried giving the AI order to launch illumination rockets but to my surprise there was no such order in the communication menu.