Can you Use the Tpod to designate PP targets for the JDAM's?

Gladman

As the title says?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Negative, pre-planned coordinates can only be created via the UFC, or through the (not yet available) data cartridge. You can use the targeting pod to create TOO coordinates.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Found another answer:

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

That video is out-of-date, the ability to transfer coordinates from TOO to PP was found out to be unrealistic behavior and removed in a patch after the date on that video. In that video, the JDAMs are using the old, incorrect QTY/STEP logic.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

In reality we shouldn't be using the TPOD for JDAMs at all since the coordinates they generate are too imprecise, although I don't know if the same applies to the ATFLIR. This isn't currently simulated, but it would be interesting to see at some point down the line.

That's so true. However, it seems that all sensors in DCS world are unrealistically perfect.

As an alternative, one can quite effectively use the TGP to designate targets for JSOW in TOO mode.

Absolutely! I was originally setting TOO coordinates with WYPT's but it was so inaccurate as to be pointless. I started using the litening and now my JDAM/JSOW drops are deadly accurate :smilewink:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Thanks for the replies. Didnt realize it was unrealistic.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I remember SnowPlow as a submode of A/G-Radar. Fingers Crossed...

You may be right, but I just have watched the video, and there are no single word about that mode. It is mentioned by mr. Wags only in mini update. Im just wondering what is purpose of Snowplow mode....

I don't know if it's an official term. But as it sounds (picture a snowplow). That's where it looks.

AFAIK snowplow is in fact the correct term, and isn't somehow tied to the A/G radar. At least in the other unmentionable sim, all it does is hold a designated azimuth and elevation constant in relation to the aircraft.

Who knows how complicated it was to implement for various reasons. Maybe it was less prioritized for whatever reason. We won't know. Quite a pointless question to ask.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Coordinates are accurates if you record them with the tgp when you fly over the target.

I believe that you will get a more accurate Coordinates if you can perform slight circling around the target point. Same way how ARBS/Shkval calculate the position by angle rate change.

So what you do is that you triangulate the position as long your aircraft position is exactly known.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

they are both used, either way you would still have to lase the target or get coordinates, cause your system still has to figure out how far away the target is in order to compute the release for the bomb. About the only thing you wouldnt do that with is if you are visually acquiring and dropping.