More randomisation direct from ME

Pikey

This is a request on behalf of all the people forced into using scripting for some very basic randomisation effects. It's not something I need personally, but based on supporting new moose users for the last year or three I see a lot of the same requests again and again where people are getting either tied up with so many triggers and frustrated, or they are trying out scripting because they can't get what they want from the ME. So the request/wishlist item is on behalf of these people, rather than myself.

TRIGGER ACTION

Late activated in Zone

Purpose is, when the group is activated it appears within a random place in an existing zone to start. This would very much nail a lot of randomisation requirements and improve mission editors time I believe.

Randomise group template from list

With a supplied list of multiple groups, the ME picks just one from the list at launch time. This changes around the unit types in the mission quite easily for replayability.

ADVANCED WAYPOINT ACTION

Randomise Route waypoint diameter

Rather than flyover the point, or go directly to the point, a value in metres sets a random point for the group to head towards so they would have randomised routes very easily.

GROUP CONTEXT

Randomise diameter location

Directly in the groups context menu near to the CONDITION % entry (which is the random % the group appears) could be a very simple 1 field for an integer to be, which if filled, made the group leader appear at any point in a random circle around the Groups original point at a diameter set my the input number in metres.

Altitude range

Rather than a specific altitude, a bracket that the AI chooses from. Thus randomising the altitude AI fly at.

I'm sure that with just these you would end up with an ME that produces near randomised AI in random places, doing random routes and keep most of the new mission builders excited that they no longer know exactly where things are in their own missions, whilst giving replayability to everyone. It would probably put Moose out of business and cut down on the repeat questions in the ME forum too.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 weeks later...

As I just started playing DCS after many years I and try to build my own single player missions the things you recommended would be unbelievable helpful for many people that dond have the time to learn scripting. Campains or dynamic missions pve are unplayable for me due to many units in the theater. By the way what is the simplest way to add random airplanes at random altitudes, and if its possible to spawn just 1 group or 2 or 3 or none... See my point?

There are definitely a lot of things like this that would make the ME tremendously better. If this is going to happen I think some dialogue between ED and players would be needed to really sort out the best ways to add these options.

To make this a little more advanced for instance, we could add a ME variables page. On this page you could create variables to the place of the usual constant values like speed, altitude, etc. You could plot a variable's distribution, place limits on it, etc. So for example GROUPALT = uniform variable, min = 10000 ft, max = 20000 ft (maybe make units optional for more flexibility). Then when you create a group you could type GROUPALT in the altitude box.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files