How will you sell the add-ons in America?

Hi,

I heard so far, that no distributors would be available in North America for the add-ons. Im curious, I heard of potential of buying it online, via download . My Question is; What happen if I my download is corrupted or the download has too many packet loss due to routing issues bettween both continent. If computer shuts down, during the download process. Example power failure. Things that would be out my control. If I purchase it online, would they be any guaranty's on the product & the download? Would they be availability to ship CD's trough mail?

I would prefer the CD in a box set, to add to my collection. Would prefer to pick it up in any EB stores in my area. To touch it before I buy it. Would it be possible? Any progress made in that area? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Faithfull, LockOn player.

Cheers

EB? EB?!?!??!

That is the nastiest, most expensive, dowright EVIL little franchise you could bring up. What are you THINKING, man? :P

Anyway, for us, AFAIK, it's download.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Re: How will you sell the add-ons in America?

ED haven't released any details of the download process - but it's pretty much guaranteed that you won't be able to buy one in a shop.

The legalities, costs, and practical difficulties of trying to distribute Flaming Cliffs in CD form in the western world mean that it will NOT happen.

Not now, anyway. If ED get a nice big new western publisher, anything could happen . . . . but there is no sign of that anytime soon.

There's several ways to do it:

- ED has written a downloader-app, think Valve's Steam (but don't think too mcu about it), which you use to log in to a secure server and can resume download at any point.

- You get a login/password along with your receipt after purchase, download from any server normally. Some kind of authentication (send product key and hardware-ID, get auth key back) is preferred.

- They lock Chizh in a room with a CD burner and a good supply of envelopes and stamps. :D

- You get a login/password along with your receipt after purchase, download from any server normally. Some kind of authentication (send product key and hardware-ID, get auth key back) is preferred.

:(

Yeahh, I like this one, and also players will need to send their shoe size and breakfast cereal preference. When their feet grow, (or shrink), or they change their taste in breakfast cereal department, they will need to activate Flaming Cliffs again, like stupid M$ Windows XP.

:butthead:

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

There's several ways to do it:

- ED has written a downloader-app, think Valve's Steam (but don't think too mcu about it), which you use to log in to a secure server and can resume download at any point.

- They lock Chizh in a room with a CD burner and a good supply of envelopes and stamps. :D

EB? EB?!?!??!

That is the nastiest, most expensive, dowright EVIL little franchise you could bring up. What are you THINKING, man? :P

Anyway, for us, AFAIK, it's download.

Well EB is where I initialy bought LockOn, I actualy called them over and over t'ill they had in stock. Most expensive? I think not. But at least they brought it in. Bought the first copy of the shelves. If I can upgrade to a computer worth a couple of thousands. Only for this Simulator (like most of us). I would think I can afford for the rest....

Cheers