New User, P51: using cockpit switches, levers and knobs

Odin386

Hi all, new user here. I am using the Oculus Rift S head set. I purchased the DCS P51 Mustang and completed the cockpit walk through. I am now attempting to start the startup and taxi training lesson. I have one big problem though, I cannot manipulate the cockpit controls with either th Oculus hand controllers or the mouse. The mouse marker only appears when the menu appears and disappears when you choose resume. I can flip some switches using the hand controllers but it seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I can't seem to move any levers with the controllers. I can grab and control the stick with no problem. I'm using a Saitek X52 joystick which works fine so I dont need to grab the stick. Could someone let me know what I'm doing wrong or what additional system configuring I need to complete to enable me to properly manipulate the cockpit controls.

Hi Odin Welcome,

Did you go into the Settings,VR and enable handcontrollers in the menu?you can also make it so you can slave the cursor to your helmet so you look at a switch and then bind the mouse buttons left and right to your HOTAS to make it so you don't have to use handcontrollers.This way you dont need to take your hands off the hotas you just look at a switch and do it that way.Anyway i hope this helps you.:thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

That's the joystick and throttle set. You have a lot of buttons, sliders, hats on them, and you have to bind commands to them, so you don´t need to take your hands off the control set to access some commands. HOTAS

means Hands On Throttle And Stick.