Campaing performance!

Hi! I want to update the situation as of the date of this message.

A few days ago I bought this training payment campaign and I have the same performance problem as the other mates who have written before.

This is my rig:

I7 9700k OC 4,7 Ghz.

GTX 1080 TI OC

32 GB RAM 3200 Mhz.

1 TB SSD M.2 Nvme.

With this Rig and with the graphic options almost to the maximum, play 97% of the time at stable 60 fps (with V-sync), on the maps of Caucasus, Nevada and Persian gulf.

When I load the second mission of the campaign and appear in the Nellis parking, if I look straight ahead at the parked planes, the frame rate drops from 60 fps to 30 fps instantly! I know 30fps is still "playable", but I find it absolutely frustrating and incompressible with the Rig I have. It seems that the developers of the campaign have not addressed this problem since 2017.

And it's a shame!.

I understand that it is a performance problem of DCS's own graphics engine, which is saturated because of so many planes on the screen. The question is, Until DCS does not improve the performance of its graphics engine, could developers not make changes to the Nellis parking lot for these missions and lower the number of planes, in order to improve the experience and make it fully playable?

I do not plan to play this campaign or buy more training campaigns from this Third party, until they give a solution to the just demands that other mates and me are raising, or that the game engine improves enough to at least that in the initial situation on Nellis on those missions, and at least 60 - 50 stable fps can be achieved!

With V-Sync, it's going to use increments of 30 fps (assuming your monitor is 60 or 120 hz). If it can't maintain exactly 60 fps, it will drop to 30. See if disabling v-sync gets you in the 50's, and that will explain it.

That's why I love G-sync.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

With V-Sync, it's going to use increments of 30 fps (assuming your monitor is 60 or 120 hz). If it can't maintain exactly 60 fps, it will drop to 30. See if disabling v-sync gets you in the 50's, and that will explain it.

That's why I love G-sync.

Thx mate, for your response!.

I know the situation you are talking about, but in my case that is not a problem. With V-sync turned on, I sometimes have small frame drops at 55 - 50 fps.

When I fly with the A10C and I have the TGP activated plus the Maverick camera, sometimes it drops to 40 fps.

Even on the stage of the campaign I'm talking about, if I lower the graphics a lot, I get between 35 - 40 fps.

In other words, the type of V-sync that I have activated allows me adaptive variations of framerate, it does not reduce it by half.

Anyway, I'm going to disable v-sync now for a test, out of curiosity, and then I'll tell you!

Hello again!. I just tested the campaign mission without the Vsync (my monitor is 2k 60fps). And I have exactly THE SAME PERFORMANCE and SAME AMOUNT of FPS as with V-sync. But in this case with the tearing caused by not having v-sync activated. That is definitely not the problem.

We will have to wait to see what the developers do regarding the campaign, or DCS regarding the performance of the simulator. Hopefully the patch they plan to release today will fix it (I think I'm too naive, hahahahaha)

• 6 months later...

Exact same problem, almost exact same rig, only mine has ram OC'd to 3600 and I'm using VR, Caucasus is mainly 60 fps in the Hornet, campaign drops to 30 almost instantly and stays there.

30 fps is not much and the margin for pickle errors is huge with this fps. It's a shame, really, as that amount of graphics/cpu power can fuel more complex games than this.

By the way, i7-9700k boosts well over 4,7GHz so you're not doing yourself any favour with this overclock, but doesn't matter, DCS never dissapoints and will trip on itself anyway.