DCS: Supercarrier Update for 19 March 2020

Wags

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have no probelm at all with waiting a few weeks longer. And I'm happy with a more functional release. Even think it's better to wait longer for a more complete module so we good.

But please! This sounds like the super carrier only gets delayed because of the sale. Not because of the long list with problems, nine of them labeled stopper. It's not neccesary. And it's obvious. You seen peoples' reaction, we cool with delay, at least most of us. We all adult folks, let's keep it straightforward.

Cheers,

Bonzo :pilotfly:

Agreed. Thanks for the sale. Missing the deadline while unfortunate is understandable to many given current events. There are plenty of reasons that could be listed as to why the deadline will be missed and everybody would be very understanding right now! ..but it being missed because "We do not launch large products during an ongoing sale event" is laughable. I will not go as far as to call it misleading, but its certainly a poor policy at best. Own up to being late and move on and meet the new self-imposed April 15th deadline please.

Thanks for the Comms...great to know what the issues are. Transparency is much appreciated.

I have no issues waiting to fix the "boatload" of "bugs n stoppers"...Honestly, I expected a delay and have no problem with it.

What is tedious and irritating is blocking the number of those in the "Boo Hoo Brigade" that can't seem to understand Open Beta and development. I have seen nothing constructive in any way in any of those BHB posts. I guess the $ they might save deferring EA releases could be better spent on snacks in their gaming area in mommies basement.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Again, this is the way to do it.

Rushing updates out the door was just creating more bugs. Mid April release is no problem if it means fewer bugs. Stay on this new path please and let's get this sim where is should be.

Thanks for the effort and information sharing.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

We could not have a super carrier as an Option, so be patient, there are bugs and they are fixing them give'em some slack. I am sure they have families as we all do, with what's going on these days. Nice work guys appreciate the update.

New hotness: I7 8700k 4.7ghz, Crucial Ballistix 32gb ddr4, EVGA RTX2080 Super, TM Warthog, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 6700 ~3.2GHZ, 32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX1080 TM Warthog. Rift CV1.

Thanks for the Comms...great to know what the issues are. Transparency is much appreciated.

I have no issues waiting to fix the "boatload" of "bugs n stoppers"...Honestly, I expected a delay and have no problem with it.

What is tedious and irritating is blocking the number of those in the "Boo Hoo Brigade" that can't seem to understand Open Beta and development. I have seen nothing constructive in any way in any of those BHB posts. I guess the $ they might save deferring EA releases could be better spent on snacks in their gaming area in mommies basement.

To be fair, those who defend ED regardless are no less irritating. I love their products, but that doesn't mean they're faultless.

To be fair, those who defend ED regardless are no less irritating. I love their products, but that doesn't mean they're faultless.

So that is true, How can anyone expect perfection in an imperfect world, which goes for everything on this planet.

We could also learn to "Challenge Assumptions" which is a key belief in some Corporations who are striving to avoid acting on assumed information.

That is very hard to do, but is a good practice to foster continuous improvement.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Yet people wonder why someone would want a refund.

Yeah I wonder because they never said "F14 is not compatible with Super Carrier" if they did it would be very reasonable to ask for a refund. Instead they say it'll be limited at early access release and will be worked on, which means it'll eventually work if you're having trouble extrapolating. So again, why would you want a refund when it's going to work at some point. You're still going to pay the money for it when it eventually does work to the level you want. Again, unless a delay somehow makes you throw a fit and not want it anymore.

||i5-9600k||MSI GTX1070Ti Duke||16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V||Gigabyte Aorus B360||X56||

There are currently only two DCS pay modules that use conventional aircraft carriers in the game, the ED Hornet and the HB Tomcat. How was it not a top priority to ensure the Supercarrier module was fully able to use both modules? I'm genuinely confused...This should've been a top priority.

in fairness the Cat is not an ED product....would u put it before the Hornet which is an ED product?

in fairness the Cat is not an ED product....would u put it before the Hornet which is an ED product?

It (the Tomcat) is a licensed DCS module, one of only two naval aviation modules that use a conventional carrier, it shouldn't be that hard of a stretch to think they (ED) would make sure it was fully compatible with the carrier they are selling ... Is this how its gonna be if we ever get any more naval aircraft for DCS, there will be a question of compatibility???

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

These are very disappointing news for someone who was bought the Supercarrier module for the F-14 and does not own the F/A-18.

Wait on forestall...this is carrier for F14... we hornet users waiting on new supercarrier :D so this is not suprise for me. :music_whistling:

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

So you'd rather they release it at the end of March with all those listed bugs and to do's? And of course you wouldn't complain about one of them right??

I would be happy to take those bugs in open beta.

They would be unacceptable for stable though.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Agreed. Thanks for the sale. Missing the deadline while unfortunate is understandable to many given current events. There are plenty of reasons that could be listed as to why the deadline will be missed and everybody would be very understanding right now! ..but it being missed because "We do not launch large products during an ongoing sale event" is laughable. I will not go as far as to call it misleading, but its certainly a poor policy at best. Own up to being late and move on and meet the new self-imposed April 15th deadline please.

This my feelings also, no problem with the delay for a more complete module release, but delaying it for a sale was over the top for me. Looking forward to April 15th :thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I'm sorry all ED/devs/testers you doing great! In moments like that I'm ashamed being part of community... this is sad...

This!

+100000000000 :thumbup:

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

...However, we will need to postpone the early access release to 15 April 2020 in order to complete the “Stay at Home” Sale. We do not launch large products during an ongoing sale event...

:huh:

Delayed for a sale? Seriously where are you getting this from?

Wags did say they're postponing the EA release until Apr 15th because of the sale.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Thank you for the update about this delay. Keep up the good work and smash those bugs.

To everyone complaining:

At this moment the world faces more critical issues, please, take care of yourself and your families first. Soon we´ll be doing fancy stuff with the Supercarrier module.

Best regards BIGNEWY,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

The F-14B was only added to our development trunk rather recently, so we and HB have had much less time to integrate it. This has nothing to do with "priorities".

Thanks

So why is Heatblur saying today there's still NO cooperation on the F-14 cat-launches that are bugged in 2.5.6, since 1 month??

I mean, thats now 1 1/2 months that we can't start the cat from the catapult?!

This get ridiculous...

ED, where are you? This is an important problem!

It has been difficult to get information regarding this issue from ED. There's not much we can do about it and we have been asking about status on this.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Yeah I wonder because they never said "F14 is not compatible with Super Carrier" if they did it would be very reasonable to ask for a refund. Instead they say it'll be limited at early access release and will be worked on, which means it'll eventually work if you're having trouble extrapolating. So again, why would you want a refund when it's going to work at some point. You're still going to pay the money for it when it eventually does work to the level you want. Again, unless a delay somehow makes you throw a fit and not want it anymore.

Speaking of extrapolation, there are issues launching the Cat even from the free Stenis due to some recent bug and fix isn't in sight. Please do wonder how much will "compatibility" be of use when modules other than Hornet will always be late in integration and perhaps there will be weeks or months during which you cannot use the product you paid for, because of integration issues. Delay in release of the product plays no part here.

Danger zone!

The F-14B was only added to our development trunk rather recently, so we and HB have had much less time to integrate it. This has nothing to do with "priorities".

Thanks

Sorry, I don't get that.

The F-14 is a licensed DCS product. It is in EA since one year, in development much longer.

You are building a Supercarrier in DCS. There are only two Naval aircraft for that. Your F-18 and the F-14.

How can a Holdback-bar of an E-2 being High Priority, but you haven't enough time to integrate the Tomcat?

Or was it intentionaly not mentioned to support it overall, as you say it was added rather recently?

Also there still very, very important tasks on the list not being fixed, e.g. deck sliding, desync, static object viewability etc...

Sorry, the Supercarrier gets a more and more bad taste for me :-/.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules