DCS: Supercarrier Update for 19 March 2020

Wags

Well the store page on my steam account said this content will unlock in less than an hour from now, (6pm gmt). If it doesn't I'll just wait a little longer. The world isn't gunna end if it doesn't drop today or this week, the next. I'm sure theres some crochet or knitting we can all do in the mean time.

Sadly not gonna happen, although I guess you already know that by now. She’s delayed without any new release date, the best is April/May 2020, so realistically plan on final day of May, and anything sooner is a bonus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder one thing.

Why no updates as to the SC module look and feel?

I mean, I understand it is delayed but surely many things work correct as of now, wouldn't hurt to ease waiting time by means of some videos of things to come. Refresher of recovery perhaps? Mission building tips or anything like it.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I wondered that myself Gierasimov. I wonder if it is due to the fact that there just isn't anything new to share, like we have seen all we are getting as far as the EA? Deck crew working and directing aircraft, launching and recovery. I know the AirBoss and LSO stations where supposed to come later in EA. Hope I'm wrong in thinking that though.

The radio silence is most disturbing. Just say "not ready yet, target is May 31" would be ok. Some might grumble but out would preempt most doom and gloom sky is falling if not hopeless optimism (fewer these days).

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Expect nothing. Be pleasantly surprised if something happens. ED has broken faith with us. I have no expectations for them to fail to meet now. I will also give them no praise and no further money until they live up to some standard of integrity wrt to doing what they say they are going to do.

Not going to cry when we find out the SC is delayed again.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seriously, we're in for the most realistic simulation of a supercarrier ever created, right? Look at the funny stuff they do pre-release with these things irl. A month delay lmao. :megalol: :clown_2: At least we don't have to worry about toilets in this case and it will even launch the latest jets.

Leave it for the German guys to mention toilets. Unfortunately Bonzo there will be no inspection shelf on SC... :megalol: What is it with Germans anyway? ;)

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I wonder one thing.

Why no updates as to the SC module look and feel?

I mean, I understand it is delayed but surely many things work correct as of now, wouldn't hurt to ease waiting time by means of some videos of things to come. Refresher of recovery perhaps? Mission building tips or anything like it.

Probably because they oversold it. And its broken...

But I hope I'm wrong and I hope ED has learned in the last few months (the closed beta suggests so)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I really don't mind the release delay (it happens often in this business) but it makes me wonder why we don't see anything new in mini-updates for quite a while - at least some screenshots showing new carrier skins, video of how LSO works (examples of audio recorded with Vincent "Jell-O" Aiello), simply anything (besides manual)... :(

I really don't mind the release delay (it happens often in this business) but it makes me wonder why we don't see anything new in mini-updates for quite a while - at least some screenshots showing new carrier skins, video of how LSO works (examples of audio recorded with Vincent "Jell-O" Aiello), simply anything (besides manual)... :(

Maybe they are pissed at us now :evil:

NineLine said:

There should be some news in the next newsletter, thanks.

Via reddit, answering to SC update/timeline question.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Well just read the weekly email.

"We continue to develop and bug fix DCS: Supercarrier for an Early Access release later this month and we hope to be providing a preview to our partners and social media channels next week."

Excellent news, it would seem the Early Access build will be good enough to ship to ED's partners and social media channels next week, but not good enough to ship to the people who preordered it? Nice!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Thanks!

"We continue to develop and bug fix DCS: Supercarrier for an Early Access release later this month and we hope to be providing a preview to our partners and social media channels next week."

Excellent news, it would seem the Early Access build will be good enough to ship to ED's partners and social media channels next week, but not good enough to ship to the people who preordered it? Nice!

Good! It is coming then!

It was supposed to be released to all of us in less than a week from now. Oh and at the end of March, and by the middle of April.

This is not "excellent news" it is more *CENSORED* White Knight fodder.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good! It is coming then!

Was there ever any doubt? I have held my voice on the missed released windows because I understand this module is a beast to capture the physics, programming and integrating it into DCS World. I do, however, cringe when I see the statement about distribution to partners and social media channels. I feel that if it's good enough for them to get an early access copy why not those that have paid for early access and been dealing with the delays for 2 months IIRC. I don't know I just feel a little slighted.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals