[RESOLVED] Missing bomb/rocket rack in some loadout

Mirknir

14.01.2021 в 15:13, ouky1991 сказал:

They could have at least use existing racks. I'd rather have them clipping with the bombs than bombs floating.

I Agree..

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 10:56 AM, draconus said:

It's WIP and it's EA. If they did feature roadmap poll we could vote but they did not. So you can only wait just like others are waiting for pilot body (gues who), CVN-59, A-6, Jester LANTIRN...

It was answered many times that it's very rare or even non-existant IRL config but possible - thus we have it working but model will come later at low priority. I am amazed and shocked however to see the HB actually used it in their official campaign! :shocking:

Anyway, how do you see that from the cockpit? On a wingman perhaps on the deck only.

Yeah, but the Tomcat is the only aircraft out of all of them that has this issue with magical floating weapons; the only other assets are LOMAC or even Flanker 2.5 era stuff, that have needed a major update for at least half a decade at least. This shouldn't really be a thing 2 years down the line on an aircraft that is otherwise modelled beautifully.

I get there are plenty of other things, and some I would love to see, and stuff we've all been waiting ages for (CV-59, A-6E, heck anyone remember the Draken?) - I usually have nothing but praise for Heatblur, but after 2 years for something that should be fairly simple?

It's the same story with other things, such as the LAU-138 not only being untextured, but also mixed up with the LAU-7 in the loadout editor; the incorrect nozzle geometry, the lack of texturing on the on the TCS and M61 muzzle.

I think these issues are compounded given just how high the detail is on the Tomcat, on an otherwise less detailed aircraft people would probably not have noticed or be so vocal about it.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Yeah, but the Tomcat is the only aircraft out of all of them that has this issue with magical floating weapons; the only other assets are LOMAC or even Flanker 2.5 era stuff, that have needed an update for at least half a decade at least. This shouldn't really be a thing 2 years down the line on an aircraft that is otherwise modelled beautifully.

I get there are plenty of other things, and some I would love to see, and stuff we've all been waiting ages for (CV-59, A-6E, heck anyone remember the Draken?) - I usually have nothing but praise for Heatblur, but after 2 years for something that should be fairly simple?

The only other things are the LAU-138 not only being untextured, but also mixed up with the LAU-7 in the loadout editor; the incorrect nozzle geometry, the lack of texturing on the on the TCS and M61 muzzle.

I think these issues are compounded given just how high the detail is on the Tomcat.

Agreed. All of those issues need to be adressed in a "cleanup" update to bring the base product up to speed and not let all the new issues pile up even more. This is very basic project management.

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 1

It's one of the next items on the list, a list we can just work down, and not shuffle around. Texturing work in HB is extensive and takes a long, long time. Time that needs to be had. All there is to it. We're running now year 7 of active Tomcat development. Think about that. The fact that we can allocate 2 years to Early Access (and still managed to cramp in most features on EA release), means that you could fly it 2 years earlier. It is just how long development of a module on a simulation level, like the Tomcat, takes. It would be much much nicer to not have the need for EA at all, and deliver a finished, polished product, but circumstances do not allow for it. Don't think that such an item like this isn't a sore thorn in our eyes, much much more so than in yours, you can trust me in that. I know it seems odd that some "small" things get pushed far, faaar back, but that's just because we need to make time for it. Not because we neglect it. I hope that makes sense.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 1/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, IronMike said:

It's one of the next items on the list, a list we can just work down, and not shuffle around. Texturing work in HB is extensive and takes a long, long time. Time that needs to be had. All there is to it. We're running now year 7 of active Tomcat development. Think about that. The fact that we can allocate 2 years to Early Access (and still managed to cramp in most features on EA release), means that you could fly it 2 years earlier. It is just how long development of a module on a simulation level, like the Tomcat, takes. It would be much much nicer to not have the need for EA at all, and deliver a finished, polished product, but circumstances do not allow for it. Don't think that such an item like this isn't a sore thorn in our eyes, much much more so than in yours, you can trust me in that. I know it seems odd that some "small" things get pushed far, faaar back, but that's just because we need to make time for it. Not because we neglect it. I hope that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense, and it sounds like HB sticks to a list, and then tries not to move stuff around - that's absolutely fine.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 months later...

2.7 and still waiting..

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So can we expect a fix any time soon? What does it mean it's one of the next items on the list? Is that HB version of two weeks? Don't get me wrong, this is the best 3rd party module but it's just so bad seeing those bombs float like that. Honestly just a 2 plain cubes with grey texture joining the 3d models would do fine in the meantime.

8 hours ago, ouky1991 said:

So can we expect a fix any time soon? What does it mean it's one of the next items on the list? Is that HB version of two weeks? Don't get me wrong, this is the best 3rd party module but it's just so bad seeing those bombs float like that. Honestly just a 2 plain cubes with grey texture joining the 3d models would do fine in the meantime.

Don't get your hopes up too high, stuff like simple typos or wrong engine instruments / not animated gauges that were reported from day one still haven't been addressed. As well as missing external textures...

3 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Don't get your hopes up too high, stuff like simple typos or wrong engine instruments / not animated gauges that were reported from day one still haven't been addressed. As well as missing external textures...

Not surprised but still makes me sad... 

A lot of DCs modules are in this state of waiting for minor fixes since forever.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

16.04.2021 в 14:49, ebabil сказал:

2.7 and still waiting..

This is the first thing which I checked in 2.7 😞

Hoped...

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The problem seems solved. Thanks for creating this masterpiece after 2 years 😄😄 

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• IronMike changed the title to [RESOLVED] Missing bomb/rocket rack in some loadout