Blackhawk pre-flight

Here is a good video showing how to pre-start a UH-60

One of my favorite aircraft. I would enjoy the opportunity to migrate to these if Australia still has them in a couple years time.

human engineering at it's finest :)

Edited by Winfield_Gold
fixed youtube shorcuts

what intrigues me in the 1st pre-start upload is some of the wet marks around the screw heads on some of the panels. That to me would be a sign the screws need retensioning as the 'never-seize\anti seize' or whatever the yanks call it is weeping back from under the screw head.

I admit that I do not work on UH-60's, but in the GA aircraft world, the 'wet spots' is a tell tail sign the panel screws need to be re-tightened.

Those screws don't use anti-sieze compound. It looks like touch-up paint to me, because I've experienced the exact same thing on Apaches that I used to work on. I could be wrong, though.

That is a fair point you have made. I work on GA aircraft and we use anti-seize on screws so that it leaves a tell tail sign on the air frame and panels so it is easily identified when doing a walk around. Screws\rivets that we replace are painted over so it coincides with the color of the aircraft.

You could be correct by saying it is touch-up paint.