Sound update? any news?

ak22

I think the Hornet audio effects inside & out sound absolutely incredible.. awesome even but I do understand where ak22 is coming from.

:thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

That vacuum cleaner sound you hear is pretty much just the ECS (Environment Control System, think Air Conditioning but a bit more advanced). Like others said, if you turn down the defog handle below the right wall it'll reduce some of that noise.

You can also check "Loud Cockpit Afterburner Sound" in the sound option to give the point where you're hitting the burners a lot more oomph.

THANKS! That helps quite a lot!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Yes, it is still there, but less. Though I agree, still annoying,

as it prevents hearing the reeling down or up of the engine,

VERY IMPORTANT to judge the status of the plane for us simmers.

I wish there were a similar option to reduce that rumbling noise on the A-10.....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

IMHO the outside sounds are meh now... just sounds like the Tomcat now. F3 is really boring now, before the change it actually sounded very similar to airshow footage, now it's just a loud roaring with absolutely no dynamic at it.

BTW while we're at it, what happened to this?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227921&highlight=turboprop

That sounded kinda awesome, especially in F3, and ED said it was correct according to the SMEs, but still it got removed at some point unknown to me.

Does ED just give in to the whiners here? It's rather weird when people complain, they say it's correct as is and then out of a sudden, do a 180. Especially on audio which is nothing you could provide any data on pdf for.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg