Training Missions Broken

Balzarog

When I start any of the CEII training missions, they seem to start in a multiplayer type role. The airplane is displayed as if standing on the flight line looking from to engine to aft, and ask me to select a Red or Blue roll. Even after selecting a role, there is no voiceover or text, and no interaction with the airplane. I had previously done the cold start mission and the taxi and takeoff mission, and they worked, but after the latest update to the DCS beta, I experience the stated issues. I haven’t tried the landing mission yet, so I can’t speak to whether or not that one is also broken. I think I tried the missions in VR. I switch between VR and 4K, so I’ll try them again both ways. The F5-E cold start training mission worked in VR as it should, so I don’t think the issue is related to the beta build.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE:

I’ve been able to determine that the issue is caused by the training missions using the multiplayer screen. After you click on the “FLY” button when starting the training mission, you must select “Pilot” in the role selection screen, then select OK. The actual training mission then starts. It has been a while since I had last run these training missions, and I don’t remember having to select a role when I ran it then. It doesn’t make sense to me to have to select “Pilot” when flying a training mission that isn’t multiplayer. These are the only training missions where you have to make that selection.

Edited by Balzarog
UPDATE

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

We've tested it but could not replicate. For me missions work correctly, they are set to player and the voice overs still work. Perhaps you could start with running repair ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

We've tested it but could not replicate. For me missions work correctly, they are set to player and the voice overs still work. Perhaps you could start with running repair ?

Hiromachi, thank you for the quick response. As I said in my update, as soon as I selected “Pilot” in the multi-role screen, the voiceover and training worked. My problem comes from flying very little multiplayer, and not being aware of the need to select “Pilot” in a multi-role screen in order to get the training mission to run. Please keep in mind that when a user is starting a “Solo Training” mission, they won’t be flying in a multiplayer role, so unless it’s required by the aircraft, there should not be any reason to start up in a multi-role screen, so one is not expecting it. For example, the Gazelle is a multi-role rotorcraft, but the training missions don’t start up in multiplayer, because they are training alone. The only time you’re forced into multiplayer is if another user joins you in the other role on a multiplayer server. No other Training mission in any other module that I own in DCS forces you to chose a role before starting the training.

I realize that it’s really too late to change them now, but the way the training missions are set up now makes no sense, and can cause issues and frustrations such as I had.

The initial hiccough aside, the training missions are top quality, and much better than some that I’ve worked through. Kudos!

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1