DCS E/A-18G Growler

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, zOrg said:

here is a way out, the mod is good, I have divided it a little now this mod is installed separately
Still need F-18 from ED

download

Version D only works from the ground

Don't mean to be a bother or side track this original thread but... which one is this? I downloaded it, but it sorta looks like the "chiller" one. Is that correct or is this something different? I only ask because I love the other mod, but I don't use it because it costs me the C model, which I can't part with. Does this do the same or can I run both. Anyways thanks and sorry if this question is misguided!

I7 4790k EVGA 1080ti FTW 16gb Corsair Dominator Acer Predator 2k 165hz Thrustmaster Pedals & Warthog TrackIr5

34 минуты назад, erick сказал:

Don't mean to be a bother or side track this original thread but... which one is this? I downloaded it, but it sorta looks like the "chiller" one. Is that correct or is this something different? I only ask because I love the other mod, but I don't use it because it costs me the C model, which I can't part with. Does this do the same or can I run both. Anyways thanks and sorry if this question is misguided!

This mod adds to the game as a separate one... but you definitely need the original of the ED to fly on it.

DCS_2022_01_03_00_29_04.jpg

• Like 1

Попадания: (100%) приехали......

Yeah that did not go well. Luckily I backed up copies of the F18C folders from Mods and Coremods. The File would not unpack as it said there was not enough Disk Space ??? I had 200G spare on my SSD. So I swapped the original folders back in and then found my install was all messed up, Had to do a repair which thankfully saved the day. Not recommended ! 

• Like 1

14 часов назад, nickmow сказал:

Yeah that did not go well. Luckily I backed up copies of the F18C folders from Mods and Coremods. The File would not unpack as it said there was not enough Disk Space ??? I had 200G spare on my SSD. So I swapped the original folders back in and then found my install was all messed up, Had to do a repair which thankfully saved the day. Not recommended ! 

You need to understand how to install mods and you also need to use programs to install the mod  OvGME

11 часов назад, robert.grove сказал:

I dont have my gaming rig with me, traveling with family, what are the bugs that are currently in this DEFG mod? how are the sounders and SRS working for it and such?

I have no SRS installed... the cockpit is pulled up from the F-18, so the connection, respectively

Попадания: (100%) приехали......

Nice compilation of the F-18 mods from Chiller and josh-109 without losing the original F-18C.

The F-18D doesn’t rest correctly on it’s wheels and on the super carrier the holdback bar will not be attached correctly. Catapult start is possible though a bit bumpy.

As AI planes definitely an enrichment for mission building. The flyables with the known quirks and limitations.

I wanted to say thanks for sharing this too.  Limitations understood.  I never wanted to lose the Charlie hornet and had issues with CJS install.  For some reason no matter what I had the ICP literally appear in my face all of the time.  This version works fine.  I was able to integrate the rest of the skins, 200 total in all for the versions.  The 18D is a great looking plane too.  I've not been able to fly the superbug for a long time.  This is nice.

4 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Does anyone know of a way to get the two unusable pylons working for weapons usage?

Because this uses the F18C's avionics I don't think you can.  So far any attempt I've made at even adding a new pylon simply crashes DCS.  The only thing I could think of for now, was to have a model of bombs or something that would go on those pylons for the 18E and 18F similar to ALQ-99 pods for the 18G.  They wouldn't work but it might be better than empty pylons.

5 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

Because this uses the F18C's avionics I don't think you can.  So far any attempt I've made at even adding a new pylon simply crashes DCS.  The only thing I could think of for now, was to have a model of bombs or something that would go on those pylons for the 18E and 18F similar to ALQ-99 pods for the 18G.  They wouldn't work but it might be better than empty pylons.

My plan was to do the same thing that the CFT mod did and add two extra pylons for dummy fuel tanks, and move the stores from that pylon over so that when you have two tanks on the the wings all stations are usable. I ran into some issues with this but the idea is still sound i think

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robert.grove said:

My plan was to do the same thing that the CFT mod did and add two extra pylons for dummy fuel tanks, and move the stores from that pylon over so that when you have two tanks on the the wings all stations are usable. I ran into some issues with this but the idea is still sound i think

I've done a lot of work on the CFT mod and that's exactly what I attempted to do.  The MSC pylon is already there so I thought I could just add two more like I did for the CFT mod.  The result was DCS crashes as soon as you attempt to spawn in the jet.  It worked in the ME, but something else is causing it to crash the jet.

I've also found some other peculiarities with the Hornet module.  For example, I've created a custom version of the M61A2 for the Raptor.  I've got it working on the Viper too.  When I tried to use the exact same code on the Hornet?  Yep....crash city.  If you find a way though, please share.

my backup plan is to create a triple rack like the MER and make it invisible so that it has one tank on the centerline and the other two are on the wings, but i dont know where the info is on making mer racks like that

Its basically the same thing that the E/A-18G does for its jammer pods

Edited by robert.grove

13 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

I've done a lot of work on the CFT mod and that's exactly what I attempted to do.  The MSC pylon is already there so I thought I could just add two more like I did for the CFT mod.  The result was DCS crashes as soon as you attempt to spawn in the jet.  It worked in the ME, but something else is causing it to crash the jet.

I've also found some other peculiarities with the Hornet module.  For example, I've created a custom version of the M61A2 for the Raptor.  I've got it working on the Viper too.  When I tried to use the exact same code on the Hornet?  Yep....crash city.  If you find a way though, please share.

Zip and attach logs

1 hour ago, robert.grove said:

my backup plan is to create a triple rack like the MER and make it invisible so that it has one tank on the centerline and the other two are on the wings, but i dont know where the info is on making mer racks like that

Its basically the same thing that the E/A-18G does for its jammer pods

it's as simple as making an invisible mesh in 3D Studio, exporting it w/ connectors then setting up the LUA to use that mesh as the adapter, and the connector points as the locations to attach the addon items.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs